[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - All-new 2008----------------------------- XRAY T2'008

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 00:32:42

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 23:26:34 

Excellent points NIC, I also agree the new car handles great.

I have had more time to read through the thread and see that Mario/Xray are planning a new style spool with 34 tooth pulley which will be good too :D

Dave

Post subject: Re: Differant battery type
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 21:09:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 13:29:13 

I need a final drive ratio using a 13.5 Novak brushless.
My local track is of medium size and fairly technical.
Thanks for any help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 16:17:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 19:37:46 

Last edited by mario on Thu Dec 27, 2007 20:08:12, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Fitting a LIPO 3200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 19:53:41 

Last edited by mawheele on Thu Dec 27, 2007 21:58:27, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 20:42:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 23:37:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 01:57:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:02:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 20:34:44 

After building a 008US 6cell, I've discovered a few things:

It is impossible to gear a Novak 13.5SS (sintered) with the included spur. The biggest pinion that will mesh is about a 35t (64p).

The Novak 13.5SS can't slide all the way backwards because it touches the top deck. This means that a 100t spur can't be used, because it requires a very large pinion (~43+) to make contact, leading to too high rollouts.

For large foam tires and the Novak 13.5SS, then, one needs a spur around 110t.

The offset spur is important. I have a perfectly flat spur, and it forces the pinion to be as close to the battery bar as you dare.

In conclusion, if you have a Novak 13.5SS, buy the Xray offset 112t spur (305882).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 21:58:30 

My other thoughts (without driving the car):

Is a 116t spur necessary? It forces the layshaft up higher, and puts the lower front belt within reach of the pinion. Now that the high internal ratio is available, do the 3.5t mod guys still need that big spur? At least on the 007 only the layshaft was up high. Now on the 008, the layshaft and the diffs are up high.

The servo-to-quicksaver linkage is too long. I've used a KO 2413 and a JR 9000 in the 007 and 008, and in all cases I've had to linkage as short as it will go, and the quicksaver in the forwards position, and it still isn't short enough.

I should mention some positives, too.

The 2413 fits like a glove.

The bulkheads look great and are super light.

Going to one lower shock position simplifies my life considerably.

Thanks for including graphite grease and a front sway bar.

Middle layshaft goes together with perfect fits everywhere.

Every part/piece/fastener was included.

Tons of washers/spacers this time - much appreciated.

Now, time to quit typing and drive the thing!

Adam Glatt

Post subject: when?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 04:36:38 

So its great that the euro guys are sayin this and that about the new car.. When in the world am I actually getting mine?(california, USA) had it backordered since the day after there was a part number...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 05:40:56 

Great news! I just put eight foam-carpet runs on my 008USs, and they were dialed right out of the box. I ran the box setup, dp prizms all around, 1.5mm droop all around, 4.5mm ride height all around.

The car was simply awesome. I honestly think the car is easier to drive during throttle changes. I always felt the 007US was a little squirrelly when I lifted throttle - steering was VERY sensitive to acceleration. This thing is simply planted on power, off power, and everywhere in between. I don't know if that is from the central spur, higher diffs, lower body, more rearward rear diff... but something has made this chassis brilliant.

No problems to report while running. I flattened the rear-inside battery bar on all my packs. Using the pinions I already have (not sure of the brand), there was no issue with clearance or rubbing. Like on the 007, I had to dremel-sand the outside of the knuckle and steering captured end to clear the prizm wheels. The shock length and tower height turned out perfect: 60mm Prizm tires, shock pre-loads all the way up --> 4.5mm ride height.

Body post holes are different from the 007. I ended up adding a new set of rear holes about 1cm behind the holes used by the 007. Well, I added more holes than that, but those were the right ones ;>

BTW, tell Juraj that these shock towers are low enough. I was able to get the body so low that the tires are wearing through the paint on my body.

I just need to pick up a 112t offset spur for my 13.5 and I'll be set. Are these in stock with distributors right now?

Diffs were set very well from the factory. First run in 27t and 19t they were tight enough to race, with the 19t slipping the diffs a little out of the corners. I tightened them maybe half a turn during the day.

These new shocks have a lot of pull-in. That is, they pull back in after being pulled all the way out. A shock with 25% rebound has at least 25% pull-in, too. Is that due to the hole in the cap?

I suppose I should play around with settings to learn to adjust the new car. It's hard to talk myself into messing with the car when it's working so well, though.

-Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 13:26:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 18:10:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 18:47:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 21:18:11 

Post subject: HELP
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 22:37:09 

hello

HELP

i wonder if someone can help mei have just built my new t2 008 and with it sat on a stand wen i put it on full lock and give it some power i get a harsh vibrating/shaking i have been told by a friendit could be drive shaft cupling too tight so i wet and dried untill no catching was found then rebulit using the grifite grese and it had improved but was still very noticeable i was wondring if it could be anything else or should i repet wot i am doing until noise stops

hope someone can help thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 00:47:28 

Do you have 100% EPA on the steering?If so you should adjust so you don't have that much steering.

Haven't tested my 008 yet as I'm waiting on the update pack, but I have had to adjust the EPA down on both T2 and T2'007 so Igues it's the same on T2'008. You don't need 100% EPA after all so it's no big deal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next