[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB8 How does it compare?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 14:14:11

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XB8 How does it compare?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 15:33:47 

I'm sure the XB8 isn't the first buggy for most of you owners... ..So could you compare it with what else you own or have owned in the past.

Quality,,durability, handleing,, attention to detail....etc, etc..

Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 18:48:59 

I have owned a K1 and 2 amd a mbx5. The Xray is planted and surefooted like a kanai but with better steering. The mugen to me was very darty and would wander when landing from jumps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 19:21:26 

I wpould like answers on this subject too! I know this bug is still fairly new to the public though!

Im having a hard decision between the X5 and the XB8 :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 20:43:46 

I have build and driven about 100 RC cars - many 1:8 Buggys and I really have to say: The Xray quality is outstanding.....from driving I think it drives like a Kyosho....in the best sence of the meaning it feels like driving a Kyosho....takes a lot of speed through fast and mid speed corners...very stable....but and that`s the point - the xb8 has more low speed steering and can be controled very easy when going sideways.....yes, I really think this is the best buggy available at the moment....but in the end setup is everything, and every driver prefers a diffrent one.
the Mugen is a very good car too - but in the pro version (which comes near the xb8) a lot more expensive.....

Keep on racing....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 03:40:39 

Any more thoughts on this! Has to be a few more people on this board with some feedback??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 08:48:16 

Remember that the XB8 has been released just recently and in US it was not introduced officially, so the amount of the drivers is limited. Give it a time and you will see how the community will increase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 09:24:25 

I understand that, but Im itchen to get me a buggy and I have been eyeing the MBX5 and now the XRAY! Trying to get a good feel of the XB8 in sort of a hurry.....I already know the X5 is a nice machine...But Im really liking the XB8 for sure.

I live in the states (ALASKA) and can get me a XB8 from Hong Kong now, just want to hear more about it....

Post subject: set ups
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:11:40 

well since driving(our cars) for a few weeks been a chalenge so far??
not sure on the book set up? as tried it on local tracks here the "Dirt" in Hemet California and Perris Raceway in Perris California...
seems to be more set up for "Grass"? or astro turf(aritficial turf)
if anyone knows of the Basic set ups from the ether Gene Hickerson and the other drivers would be most helpful. as theres "Looked" locked in? but none of ours were? or even close,(out of 7 cars)
as the stock set up on these cars are "VERY LOOSE" with alot of "On Power Push" so pushes and over steers??? with a tendency to want to "Loop" or spin out in mid corner for 6 out of 7 the 7th mentioned had to back off the throtle all the way to keep it in control(sweepers) and very little steering in low speed corners and spins out easy on exit
(in stock form), but so far for those in california 5k in front with 5k in center seems to help with "Grease" in rear diff...and take o-rings out of center and front makes the cars "Feel" like 20k in center and 10k in front......
with less than half the down travel of both Kyosho's and Mugens in front may need to take almost 3/4 of down travel in rear as well this helped "Slightly" on the 7 other cars here localy..personaly went and got a Kyosho 777 and Mugen Prospect for our tests and out of the Box the Kyosho and Mugen felt "Locked" with very "Minor" adjustment for each driver...but not giving up hope on this car.(Yet) but ALOT of work is needed for the American tracks.
and half of the shock pistons on most of the 7 cars broke? so most of the drivers used ether Kyosho or Mugen shocks they may have had from there extisting cars. untill more parts are available.
and for those that may have them in the states if you happen to break the tops of the shocks(plastic part) the ones from the Hyper7 will work in a pinch with no mods....
but all of the drivers here trying the car agreed the car assmebled very well!! first class!! :D and with almost "Endless" set up options finding one for you may be hard at first but rewarding in the end.
so for average "Joe" "Not Recommended"!!!! as alot of wrenching to get set up is needed :?
to a pro racer it is a set up dream...which could probaly get it set up in one or 2 race weekends...out of box unlikely? but everyone is different. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:28:30 

Blade, nice write up! I was looking at the tracks those guys race on and noticed it was grass/astro turf like stuff, very differant than our bumpy dirt tracks this side of the world. Seems like the XB8's dont like bumpy stuff from what you are saying---but like you said with endless setup options there has to be one out there, just going to take some time to find it.

You say the XB8 doesnt have alot of travel for front/shocks? Mugans/777's have more travel you say, which I see better for the bumpy, rutted tracks Im assuming? Yes I have heard plenty about the broken pistons in the shocks--seems to be the only flaw so far....Darn I was really liking the 8 but seems like the MBX5's have the upper hand so far----Im I right? I have not blown off the XB8 "Yet" just want more feedback

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 16:14:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 20:27:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 21:54:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 02:46:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 06:42:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 14:01:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 17:48:14 

Last edited by Dave_D on Mon Sep 20, 2004 18:00:07, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 17:54:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 18:11:57 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 19:36:19 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 20:32:17