[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - All-new 2008----------------------------- XRAY T2'008

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 18:23:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 00:47:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 00:55:42 

Post subject: Internal Drive Ratio of 1.7 for the EU T2'008
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 01:03:18 

Hi,

For those of you like me are requiring FDRs in the 5.0 to 7.0 range..

Problem was the original DR of 2.375 and available spur gear size made it impossible to run our 23T motors on a correct FDR.. I have therefore modified the t2'008 drive train to have an IDR of 1.7.

Here is how i did it:

1. Used the Multi diff
2. Used the lay shaft pulleys (20T)
3. Used the 34T diff pulley
4. Used the T2 front belt
5. Used the T2'008 rear belt

However you would need a previous version of an xray chassis to do this (T1 or T2 chassis). In this case I used my old T2.

First I placed the multidiff. It was transplantable with out any issues.. The pully didn't even have to be shimmed to be aligned with the left layshaft pulley. However note that the plastic shims on the outdrives were left out due to the longer 52mm axles.

Then I used the 20T middle lay shaft pulleys. Note that this was not a perfect fit, but it seems to hold on well.

Remember I used the old T2 front belt, because the 08's front belt seemed to be too long and saggy (despite the 20T lay shaft pulleys).

I tried to fit the old T2 rear diff into the 008. It fitted but not well enough for my satisfaction.. The rear diff pulley was aligned so that the rear belt* was a quarter millimeter from the spur gear. Therefore I did not want to take any chances..

I therefore removed the 34T rear diff pulley from the old T2 rear diff and fitted it on to the 08's alu rear diff. The pulley fitted with no problems.. However the dustcovers (the greatest thing on xray diffs) of the old T2 did not fit the 08's rear diff. For it to fit I had to enlarge the hole to almost 2.3 times its orginal size. I preferred doing this to the dust covers rather than running without them, for obvious maintanance purposes.. :wink: .

*the rear belt I used was the 08's one, because the old T2's one seemed to be to short/tight.

Well I hope this helps some of you running lower turn motors..

I will be testing the car tomorrow and hope for it to meet my high expectations of it.

Peace..

C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 01:16:06 

[quote="AndyBird"]I am agree 100% it better to do that than us all return the cars. You guys any idea what size spurs you would need as well. I recon for my 10.5 brushless I would need 70/28 that would give me 5.93 which Is ideal. Although on my 007 the same ration was 25/84 almost.

AndyBird I have got the 5.9 by using a 106T RW spur and a 42T RW pinion but these are 64 pitch. To get a third party spur fit i had to take .5 mm of the spacer on the lay shaft and us 1 mm longer screws through the spur.

I am waiting for the 008 20T lay shaft pulleys to arrive (the previous ones are slightly differant) to get a 1.9 Internal ratio. If the belts fit its a cheep option.

Post subject: 64 dp Pinion gears, perfectly meshing with XRAY 64 dp spurs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 01:20:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 01:30:04 

Post subject: Re: 64 dp Pinion gears, perfectly meshing with XRAY 64 dp sp
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 04:12:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 09:05:11 

This is all great advise guys & very appreciated, BUT, we just purchased a brand new car with 50+ improvements & we can't run stock with the 6 cell EU unless we modify it or purchase new parts!
Stripping bits from our 07's (what if people don't have 07's or have sold them) or buying multidiff, pulleys, drive belt, different brands of pinions (if you already have purchased a complete set of xray pinions) is not acceptable & makes an already top end priced car VERY expensive.

I hope Xray comes back with some answers (& not suggestions of spending another couple of hundred dollars) for all of us die hard Xray drivers that have sold their 07's & now cannot race their 08's !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 09:36:08 

After i follow the problems with the new 008, I must say completely honestly that in my judgement Teamxray shot this time the bird.

It cannot be, that a new developed Car shows this lack of design errors (pinions touch at the batteriebars or at the frontbelt, the front belt rubs at the pinion, a stock motor can due to the ratioproblem not be driven with the supplied spur, other spurs can not be used cause they wont have the necessary holes).

The absolute problem is, that these design errors are up to the customer to solve on his expense ( buy other pinions (smaller once), buy other spur, other Pulleys etc...) And this for a price of 430 Euro's? This i do not quite understand.

The current price for a 008 is even higher than an old 007 with an expensive multidiff and the rear aludiff. An if you do all the needed modifications (bigger centerpulley, smaller diff pulley, old front belt) to run the car, you have a high priced 007 named as 008, but with plastic spool and plastic rear diff.

The excuse for the stock drivers, that this vehicle was designied for the modified class seems regarding the weight reduction by plasticdiff and -spool a little bit off the case, since the difference in weight will mainly affect the stockclass than the modifiedclass. For modified it would be better to drive with stronger parts (aluminiumdiff and steelspool) than with plastic once.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope someone understand the point.

I would not like to step of teamxray personally too close, but the aforementioned description is my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:30:34 

I cant even see what pinion I need yet,my kit came with an NT1 gear chart!
Can anyone tell me what size 48dp pinion i'll need for about 5.5-1 overall.
Cheers
Paul.

Post subject: it's true what all you all are saying..
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:41:56 

All what you disappointed folks are saying is true.. Somewhere it is unacceptable..

I compared the T2'007 chassis with another manufacturer's chassis. Both chassis were good however the 'xxx' manufacturers chassis seemed to be nicer, more fluid to drive, thus a better drive feeling. With the few improvements of the T2'008, the chassis now resembles the other manufactures chassis (such as the center pulleys sandwiching the spur, the center alu post etc..). Hope fully these changes from xray will make the 08 to have a better drive feeling..

I have made all those modifications to be able to run the 08 the way I normally do (23T, same FDR as usual, and oneway).

Somewhere I am persuaded that the 08 chassis will perform better than the other manufacturers chassis, as it is..

We’ll see I am going to CRF track tonight to check it out.. Will keep you all posted tonight!

As I said I have high expectations of this kit.. On verra ce soir..

C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:44:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 17:32:47 

After having a think about the spurs/gearing i've just spent 10 mins and now an RW spur will fit fine.(Sorry about naming another supplier)
Quite simple really?
Take the blackplastic spacer that sits against the spur and sand it down,thickness wise,by about .5mm.
Replace the 3 x 4mm button head screws with 5mm ones,just lightly sand the head of each screw by .25mm with a bit of wet+dry,so that they dont catch the side of the belt.
I know that maybe this shouldnt have been an issue but heh stuff happens,and after owning a T2,NT1,XB8 and a '007 this is the first issue i've ever had with XRay so not too bad really.
74t fitted.
Job done.

Paul. :wink:

Post subject: tested the t2'008
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 23:15:05 

Hi people..

Just to let you all know that I tested the chassis (with my drivetrain modifs) And it works beutifully. With the chassis in the basic setup, I had my usual lap times as of the first pack. I did a total of four packs and each run I got better best laps and average times.. And all this with the original setup (and oneway of course). I am sure it will be even better when I personalize my setup.

GREAT CHASSIS, AND A PLEASURE TO DRIVE!

C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:38:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 13:31:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 23:41:54 

I have now ran my 008 for a night of racing and it looks like the front belt is wearing on the pinion.
The belt only catches when the lower part is put under tension.
Iw will be interesting to see how this efects the life span of the belt.
On and FK05 the belts lasted me 18 mth of once a week racing and were only replace because they were old.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 02:34:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49:01 

Is the belt wearing on the teeth or the side ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 13:46:26 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next