[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T2

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 00:32:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 21:46:59 

Try that one and if it does not work you can try this one: . While it was for a larger track it does have a technical infield. I used this same setuo to good effect on a tight, low grip, technical track as well. Only change I would make is to rethink the tyre choice as the tyres were control tyres.

Post subject: Set up
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:54:31 

Post subject: Re: Set up
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 17:00:21 

1- What the diference on have the rear toe in in the hub or with shims?

Try this thread:

2 - Is using rear hub in plastic gives more rear traction?

Compared to aluminium, yes. The plastic is softer allowing it to absorb part of the force working on the car resulting in more mechanical grip. However it also results in a slight loss of stability so in some cases, especially with foam tyres, alu uprights can work better.

3 - When you use shims before the links is it to have more variation on the camber?

Mostly to fine tune the roll center by raising it a bit. But as I prefer to have at least a little camber change that is also part of the reason.

4- i have seen many set ups and all drivers are using 4 deg c hub in front, is it the best?

It gives a good balance that almost allways works well. Right now I am running 6 degree caster on some tracks to keep the car from understeering in faster corners, so the other angles can be used to fine tune steering through the corner.

Last edited by Tonyv on Sat Sep 01, 2007 13:49:17, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 17:15:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 18:16:35 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 13:49:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 15:12:27 

Post subject: RE Tonyv set up
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 04:01:34 

Hi tony, had a look at you set up on the top of this page, noticed you were running low roll centeres on the front of the car, does this not make the car taily due to the front end being very grippy. We tried low roll centeres fr & Rr on the weekend on a VERY slippery track. Had awesome traction for the first 4 min then the back kept breaking out on power out of corners, do you find low roll centeres overheats tyres. We are running #32 rubber on low grip ashfalt. Would love your input

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 17:44:17 

Post subject: Low Roll Centeres
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 15:51:09 

Thanks Tony,
tried the car again tonight on a grippier ashphalt track with Med front and low rear roll centeres.15 pound bl gr springs front and rear, 30 wt shock oil front and rear.Front shocks 2 holes out, 3 holes open, rear laid right down,3 holes open.
Flex set to most flex possible, 5mm ride height, .5 front toe out and 3deg rear toe in.
Car is still massivly loose ON power. Front droop was 2mm over ride height increased to 2.5. Rear is 2mm over ride height.
Rubber Much More Premount 32 rubber tyres. Air temp 10 deg cel.
Car is undrivable. Checked and rechecked mechanicly, all is OK. Can you help, we run 6 cell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 01:36:19 

Post subject: setup
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 03:50:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 22:15:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 19:39:47 

my problem doesn't have anything to do with any particular setup, but this is the one I'm using as a basis for my first car,http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/index.php?act=view&ID=753&setup=t2 what my problem is, is that I am brand new to the hobby and thus am stupid :-) I can't seem to figure out how I'm suppose to be reading the shims. On the link I posted am I suppose to read the front front shim as being .2mm or 1.5 and is the front rear also 1.5? And on the Rear front shim is that a 1.5mm and the rear rear shim is it empty, 2.0mm or 1.5mm? I apologize for my stupidity again and thank you in advance for showing me how to read this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 20:52:08 

The way you should read it with regards to the front arms is as follows:

- On the setup sheet for the front you have indicated you are using 1.5mm shims at both the front and rear mounting for the front arms (this is what the front/rear refers to here).
- You are also indicating you have an addition .2mm shim at the front mounting of the front arm to get inboard toe-out.

So in total the setup indicates to use 1.7mm shims between the front bulkhead and the front mounting of the front arms and 1.5mm between the front bulkhead and the rear mounting of the front arm.

For the rear it works the same except that now the additional shim is added to the rear mounting.

Hope this makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 21:06:41 

so I'll be using 3.5mm in shims on the rearbulkhead rear mounting and 1.5 shim on the rear bulkhed and front mounting? umm do they make a .2mm shim??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 09:27:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 16:42:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 05:52:45 

Hi...
I have problem with the front belt.
It is rubbed to left side of the pulley.
The front belt's tooth is worn out at one side after 3 races.
Anyone can help me to solve this problem?
Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 15:38:10 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next