[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Ugh stupid guys at my track! They are knocking on Xray

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 06:21:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Ugh stupid guys at my track! They are knocking on Xray
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 02:00:12 

They are all Kyosho queens and anything other then a Kyosho buggy, Futaba servo, Nova or OS motor, and NIMH battery pack means all your stuff sux.

I knew they would do this and I loved it but I went to go buy some Byrons fuel from them I told them all of what I had ordered and they made fun of it.

First he tried saying there is Zero support and I said actually I found that true on the Kyosho and thats why due to this forum and RC America I went with Xray. Then it was well there is nobody to help set it up and I told him fine I have a internet flooded with set up sheets that the team drivers put up. Ok so then he kept going and it was well its not proven to be a winner like the MP777 WC Kyosho and so I had to tell him what EC meant. The idiotic response was that I dont live on the East coast but I said he didnt live in Japan either, lol.

From there My choice of Ace servos was horrible and they arent good then it was my Werks B7 Pro engine is know to not be good and Lipo batteries are a bad idea. I told him about all the reported failures of the Vspec on the net and he said he had never seen one fail.

Every time I called a tech support to ask about their opinion on Mugen, Xray, Kyosho they said either Mugen or Xray but not Kyosho since there is not much in the kit for the money. The thing is all plastic and has no upgraded parts out of the box liek Mugen or Xray not to mention all phillips screws.

I laughed and said well when I get all my junk put together I will bring it out and see what happens with it all. I sure hope I made the right choice and I feel I have after the weeks of calling people, asking questions here, and reading all the way back to 2006 posts learning about the XB8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 05:09:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 05:45:50 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:44:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 15:51:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 16:50:00 

That's funny whitey4311. Insults are just one of the ways people deal with unknowns. I've heard it all about the XRays.

"They've never won anything!"
(not true! Look at the dominant electric onroad program!) Or,

" they're always loose in the rear"

Uhhh OK. But everyone around my area who had the XB8 that complained about a loose rearend didn't even bother to even try and change anything other than shock and diff oils. And here they are with the most tunable buggy on the planet. But with those people, if it doesn't "win them their main" right out of the box then "it sucks!" They don't even try changing shock angles or even camber for crying out loud!

Like someone else mentioned, I've never seen Kyosho diffs and outdrives last 12 gallons (and counting!) and still look as good as the XRay ones do. Not to mention the fact that XRay support is the best. ever try getting a Kyosho or Mugen team member's set up sheet? Fahgedaboudit!! With XRay you can get Yannick's World's setup (Where he had the race all but won until he flamed out.) or have Jason Branham, Yannick Aigoin, or the Wheelers, or any of the XRay "A" list pros come online and help you out with your buggy or truggy.

And don't get me started on Werks engines! My B7 Pro had the front wheels of my truggy coming off the ground as it was accelerating out of a hairpin onto a full throttle sweeper. And it still only came off at like 195F so it was still rich! What a bullet! And I havn't even modded it yet :twisted: And I had a B3 that I modded that was also a pure rocket that always got me over 10 minutes a tank (I have multiple witnesses to that B3's prowess) In my area Werks engines are the most popular with the Teamline B7 being the most popular followed by the B3 Pro.

Bottom line is this, nowadays, any of the top quality buggies is good enough to win it's driver any given race any where in the world on any track. But what would you rather have, a long standing brand name's history and stagnant platforms? Or an equally as good but younger company that's hungry for your business and willing to listen to you about what's wrong with their product and actually make those changes! There's more than one member on this board that made suggestions that ended up being implemented. What other RC company can you say that about?

XRay RULES! Werks engines are awesome and LiPo batteries are the wave of the RC future! Don't worry about what others say. If they had it their way nothing would ever change or progress.

regards

speed metal

PS whitey4311 make sure you tell your buddies that XRay and Yannick should have been the WC! He was checking out man! Way out in front and in a league of his own. Oh well. There's always next year! With a better buggy and I'm a sure Rody Roem himself will personally ensure that his engine will go the distance!

Last edited by speed metal on Mon Aug 13, 2007 16:57:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 16:50:14 

THey are just jealous of the Xray quality.

I have had a few poeple come up and ask me if I think Xray will ever make driveline pieces for different manufactures (ie Kyosho, ofna, ect). I tell them "not in a million years for a million dollars".

I have the original universal drivershafts in my TQ that are still in excellent shape with very little wear. Bought my TQ right after it first came out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 17:02:26 

These are just as you say guys who are nto willing to consider new upcoming things. They are so stubborn about what they say works that they wont change it.

Well the heck with them and I will bring my Xray there and show them whats up or if they give me too much slack I will driver to the next track and give them my buisness.

More then likely I will go to a different track since I hated the one I go to when I had my Revo. They wouldnt talk to me all that much unless it meant telling me how good their Kyosho was and the Revo is no good. While I agree that I was the only one with a MT it certainly wasnt junk but not near as good as my Xray is going to be either. I guess if it were me and someone asked what I thought of a particular company and having never tried it I would tell them that and not trash talk based on what I have "heard".

Either way like I said I have read it more then once where those who have tried all 3 xray, mugen, kyosho went back to Xray. That Kyosho kit is so dated and apparently this December they are changing it to updated stuff like big bore shocks, lol. Those have been out for ever and they still havent updated them let alone every thing else in the kit.

I wasnt about to buy the current MP777 then have a dated buggy in 3 more months or wait for the new kit that will likely cost upward of $1k for less upgrades then the Xray already comes with.

Bottom line is that after all my research that I did every thing he came at me with I shot down since it was not true. Support is much better then any other I have seen, parts are all over the net, aluminum upgrades are standard, and set up sheets are given to all by the pros.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 23:19:57 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 01:26:17