[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Requesting a pic of the battery box

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 06:22:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Requesting a pic of the battery box
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 02:57:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 01:03:05 

nobody can do this for me?

I can nearly get this pack to fit based on its size but I would need to put the Rx in the battery compartment and dremel the partition out for the wires and this would work great.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... s_id/13508

Its only 4mm too thick but if the battery and Rx box are seperated by a partition then I can know that out and fit nearly any battery I want in there.

Would this throw off the balance of the buggy?

I just hate to run a 1500mah battery since it will drain constantly and I according to Amain when running digital servos you want 2000+mah. I am getting 2 ACE servos and I imagine they will draw a fair amount of power.

If running the 1500mah is the best option I will go for it but I want to explore my options and not having the buggy yet I cant visualize the box dimensions to know where to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 01:56:38 

There must be a way because this pack from Helotes says to place it in the Rx side and the Rx in the battery side.

Anyone done this? Or will this work?

I have a Nomadio Rx so its not very small.

http://www.teamhelotes.com/catalog/i71.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 02:33:28 

1 hr later of searching, lol.

viewtopic.php?t=408&highlight=helotes

People are saying it alters the CG of the car since there is a bung of weigth moved to the side that should be near the center.

Maybe a 1500mah pack the belongs where it was inteded is the way to go. I guess I can get 2 of them and pull one and charge the other. Some are saying there is no issue with 1hr run time on a 1500 mah pack.

Any input on this?

Either way it looks like that guy is badly smashing his Rx wires. A dremel of the partition would have been better. Or perhaps leaving it alone and keeping it the way it was made is better, :).

Ahh who knows I am tired of looking at batteries, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 02:44:25 

I run 2 digi servoes n aSMC 1400 mah battery wih no issues...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 03:08:53 

you are definitely overthinking this. I run 1000 and 1300mah lipo's (which would be somewhat equivalent to 1300 and 1700mah nimh packs) and don't have any issues with either. Most people like to to put their pack on the charger after qualifying and before mains anyway, and you'd probably find yourself doing this no matter what pack you have.

I do like the lipo packs over nimh because of the lighter weight, ease of charging (you can top them off all day long, they retain their charge over time, and no memory issues) and because you get a constant 6v+ to your servos (with the proper regulator), unlike nimh which will drop under 6v under load and as it begins to drain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 03:16:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 03:58:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 04:10:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 04:14:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 04:21:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 05:03:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:41:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 16:30:46 

Yeah I have seen that battery but cant get it in ths U.S.

I found a guy in the UK that would send it but didnt have it in stock and he hasnt got back to me.

So you really like that battery? This would be the ultimate choice for me but I am having trouble finding it.

You just run like a 6.2v regulator and dont over drain it right? Amain has a Protek regulator with a red and green light telling you when it is getting too low. I am just scared or dumping it too much and killing the pack.

How long does a charge get you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 22:44:59 

Ok forget it I got to see the buggy today upclose and poke around at it.

There were a few at my local track for a big race and the battery box and Rx box are not seperated. Its one big box that has 2 different lids so I am going to run that Lipo pack from Amain on the Rx side and it will fit perfect and the Rx on the battery side.

Since there is no partition I can run the wires for the Rx toward the outside of the buggy facing toward where the battery will be as to not smash them against the wall closest to the engine.

This will work great and since the Lipos weigh so little it shouldnt throw off the weight like a hump pack would being so close to the outside of the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:44:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 13:28:22 

maldras,

Do you have the LRP Part number? I would like to see where I could Possibly find one.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 14:58:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 15:46:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 17:41:31