[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - More info on m18t

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 16:14:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: More info on m18t
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 01:54:18 

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/stories/l ... 22&sgid=20

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 07:44:05 

just a question but are these images even nearly final versions becuase i see one or two things i do NOT like! I mean why FOUR shock towers?? all with body posts??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 08:46:45 

Yea, let me add to that..

And make it easier for Xray to understand where they are going wrong. The RC18T Has changed the landscape.

So.
Ball Diffs
M18T: (NONE!)
RC18T: (Included)

Adjustable Camber
M18T: Pictures show none, and would require new upper a arms.. $$$)
RC18T: Kit not adjustable, but uses cheap and traditional method of links.

6 cell side by side. (Easier for racers to build, batteries last longer since they are open to air. Allows use of individual cell discharges)
M18T: Nope. Stick
RC18T: Yes

Spur gear cover (I cant tell how many times I got a rock in my m18 on just a tennis court)
M18t: Nope

Universals:
Both

Oil Shocks:
Both

Aluminum Motor Mount/ Larger Motors
M18T:?

Front Bumber/kickup
M18T: None

Kit:
M18T:yes
RC18T: No

Sealed Bearings

Built in Servo Saver"

So far I have four conclusive strikes against the m18t. Xray, if your serious about getting into this, you really need to rethink your strategy. AE has you beat on too many accounts. As a Monster Truck you still have the advantage over the competition as being the best built. As a Stadium truck however you are falling very, very short. Not even a suitable choice for the backyard basher because AE gives them more options in the box (disregarding the RTR).

The only way I would come back at this point if Xray included some of their known tech evolution. Like I say. A slipper would help to make the truck stand out from the crowd. Right now it just seems like a m18 slightly redesigned. And you can't turn a on-road to an off road without sacrificing somethings versus if you started from the ground up making a off-road vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 22:37:37 

Post subject: When, when, when?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 02:33:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 22:59:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 19:14:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 19:23:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:02:23 

Umm, yea, I want to post a follow up. I apologize my information on the rc18t was based on pre-production info and pics.

So let me correct myself.

Universals
AE=No
Xray=Yes

Sealed bearings
No for both.

Also, the 18t chassis has a hole under the motor.. Which actually other than cooling is causing alot of people thus far to get rocks in the spur. Even with the spur gear cover.

So after watching the rc18t (which is the best truck so far IMO on the market). My main concerns while still understanding the pricing scheme xray wants:

-Internal Gearing for truck vs onraod gearing

-Needs front kickup and a real bumber.

-Some type of spur and pinion cover.

-Chassis slightly longer to accomodate 6 cell side by side. Or alternatively. Use a "cam" system to hold the motor on (alah tc3). So you can move the batteries further back since the left side of the car wont have the mount shifting in/out of it. (Then offer this as a hop-up for the m18)

-(with above) Redesign of the motor mount, as 2 screws always shifted with a hit/shock causing the motor to back off or push in. THis will only be amplified in the m18t.

-I nicety score would be a real slipper for some drive train shock absorption-even if its a hop-up.

-The tolerances of the suspension pivot balls have been reduced because of the dirt that will get into them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 01:43:47 

oXYnary, I think you have some very valid points. I'm hoping this is the reason that it is taking so long for Xray to release the M18T. I believe one of their largest mistakes is to not have the M18T available before Christmas. Everyone else is releasing their trucks and once they buy one, they will usually stick to that truck (major loss of sales & revenues). Let's face it, for any business, the goal is to make money. If you don't have a competitive product and you are late to sell your product, you are losing a ton a money that you would have made and may indeed just take a big loss because your product doesn't sell. I think that's the biggest disappointment because even with the idea of making a profit, Xray still doesn't even have a competitive truck out, yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 06:39:31 

I agree and disagree. I have seen both Trinity's and AEs new trucks, both on the net and on the race track. They are neat but hardly race ready; basically they suffer from mini-t syndrome (Requires a myriad of upgrades to kick real booty). If Xray does this right...they may have the killer race ready 18th scale truck that 18th scale racers are looking for. I hope that the late release date is a result of xray's attempt to make this little truck truly race ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 06:22:10 

wrxfx. Most of the people I know who would buy a m18t don't care about the before "xmass" factor.

I would rather Xray take their time and get it right versus rushing it out and having "opps" that would turn people away from their company. This was ignored by both Losi and AE's, and as such has hurt their rep.

Think about it. AE only built their truck under a year. So it does not nearly have as much refinement as there other vechicles. Some things that pop into my head showing their "rush".
-Is how the pinion gear has no cover - almost everyone has had to pull pebbles out of the spur so far.
-The ball diff doesn't ride on bearings.
-The constant excuse AE gives about it not needing a slipper. While people who already have high end Mambas are complaining about it cant take being "punched".
-The poor tolerances in the spring cup retainer falling out.
-The dogbones falling out. While the outdrives splitting at the pin.

Again, so far it is the best ST on the market. But things like the above could have been foreseen if they hadn't rushed it and made sure of better QC from their outsourced manufacturer.

Sides, it really is too late as most people who celebrate xmass have already choosen what other vehcicle they want (even if its a IOU on this).

So no I disagree. Xray, take as much time as you need. :)

Remember "No - Compromise"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 07:18:50 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 21:19:32 

What you wrote is true, but it`s not our business - let Xray worry about it :wink:

Our business is that to choose the best model for us - I believe that if the Xray turns out to be the best 1/18 truck many of those who have already bought other models will switch to Xray anyway...

I also believe Xray`s sales of the present models bring them enough income, so that they do not need to launch a not-fully-tested-and-proven model on the market just to earn some money - they earn enough to have time to thoroughly test and improve their models for long periods of time before they start to sell them - I believe this is a good marketing strategy, thanks to which their models are so renowned for their outstanding performance, high quality and durability...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 20:05:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 01:52:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 21:18:54 

Last edited by oXYnary on Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:40:59, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 05:48:45 

Teaser pic...please show us the inside. Though i must admit it looks badass just sitting there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 18:42:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 20:05:59