[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - what can we expect for 2008??

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 04:34:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 15:01:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 06:04:51 

I WANT TO SEE A XRAY 4wd BUGGY!!! id love to be able to race my fk05 in the winter, and a nice '007-like offroad buggy in the summer, i would sell my t4 in a heartbeat to race an offroad xray, even an xray 2wd truck and buggy would be sweet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 04:38:03 

Yeah an Xray 10th offroad car of any kind would be absolutely amazing. There is no doubt in my mind at all that it would be the only car to have for any racer, Xray features on a 10th offroader *droooool*.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 05:33:32 

What about a 1/8 rally version to the XB8 EC to compete against the Inferno GT?

The components are almost similar to the buggy. It woudldn't be a feat of skill for the likes of Mr. Hudy :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 17:50:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 00:17:50 

Absolutely:
1/8 scale 4WD Nitro On Road Car

I'm so set on an XRAY 1/8 on road car, after feeling the build quality of my NT1, that I'm going to tape an envelope with $650 dollars in it to my 35 Plus 21 Novarossi until the kit is available. :D

Its the "king" of RC marques.....judging by the web presentation, it looks like its Hudy's favorite too from way back when in all the history pictures with him and his cars!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 07:40:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05:34 

1/8 onroad is booming busssines. The 1st engines from GRP (Boss/Ninja) were .21 engines for on and offroad. Also Arrows-tires were sold to GRP to start Sirio and now Kyosho has bought Orion for their engines and is now the .21 in devellopment for the next WC in Cordoba over 3 months (were I also will go to).

I think Xray can not stay behind if they want to spread their productline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 18:04:42 

well 1\8 on road is booming but not anuf

you look at all the 1\8 cars the companies have been there before 1\10 on road
thay had the runs on the board so to speak thay had the tecnology already set and done now to start up from scratch wich i no doubt mr hudy can do would be realy expensive

i look at it this way count how many 1\10 cars are at the next local club meet then count how many 1\8 there is

then do the maths
i may be wrong and id love a xray 1\8 i realy hate my mrx4 to be truthfull but im a realist and i cant see a xray 1\8 on road in the next 5 years the cost involved would be to high for the number of units sold
what you have to rember is two make just one part cost a lot of money
wich always travels down to the kit price ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 18:51:25 

How is that different from developing say a 8th scale gas powered off road car, or a 10th scale gas powered on road car, or a 10th scale electric powered on road car for that matter? All of these Juraj has designed, built and put on the market. Not to mention the host of other types of car XRay now offers. While XRay's funds are not unlimited (duh) I think the bigger issue at the moment is how many platforms Juraj can design for in parallel and how much work he can delegate to the rest of the design team. I am sure that if Juraj has the time and the funds he would love to design an 8th scale on road gas car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 06:00:02 

Hi

But is it best to put out lots of cars to get the market share, or keep it niche making a few cars great?

If you look at the history of Xray as a manafacturer, you could have any car you liked as long as it was a T1, then came the T1 evo, then came the T1 mini, then the FK04, T1R and FK05. They are all great cars on the same platform and were the cars to have if you wanted to be taken seriously - Now the T2 007 which speaks for itself

Its only been recently over the last few years, that such a diverse range of cars are coming out from Xray. This is probably due to the fact that the RC marketplace is growing, and the sport/hobby is becoming more popular with all walks of life

I guess that everyone will have their own desire to what model they want to see Xray bring out next (Personally I would like a Electric 1/10 4WD buggy, and can't see the point of the 1/18 range), but in the long term Xray as a company will have to bring out whatever class is popular or growing at that time - Economics still has to rule the heart.

Damo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:12:27 

I partially disagree. It is the choice between being a leader and being a follower. Who knows what class will get on top next? More to the point, an excellent product (such as from XRay) could just be the trigger to make that particular class popular again. This is one of the reasons some have asked for a 12th scale pan car from XRay.

I for one would like XRay to lead and this means take some risks. Sofar most projects were a resounding succes, so why get cold feet now with other classes? By the way, don't mistake heart for lack of business sense. Juraj is not just smart in designing cars. Not to mention Mario...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 17:53:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 17:54:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 19:23:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 03:38:38 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 17:53:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 18:06:35