[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY XB8 TQ, EC, 808 ---Buggy General Forum---

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 06:28:14

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 43  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:36:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 03:21:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 16:52:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 18:09:51 

Full set of arms
Clutch stuff
C-hubs
Camber links
Rear Hub Carriers
Shock O-rings and shims (that go between the orings)
Air Cleaners
Eccentric Bushing inserts (35 2315)******
Maybe some rear hinge pins

These are just the basics.

It never fails, the parts you need/break are the ones you don't have!!! Haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 19:20:10 

Hello Everybody,

Just joined as new EC driver. I just got my car yesterday and looking forward to building it and testing it. The parts looks really splendid. I would appreciate if some of you could help dial up my car in the near future. I just switched after 4 great years driving with Mugen buggy. Hope to have some great years with Xray as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 20:11:23 
team driver

Hello Kelvin,

Glad that You decided to try XB8EC.. :)

I heard that there will be a race in Malaysia.. Mr. Sam Cheng and his team were planning to go there.. I hope that I could make it there so that we could met again..

Best wishes for Your new ride and really hope You enjoy it very much.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 06:40:43 

Hi Stanley,

This weekend we will be running Rd 1 of our FEMCA qualifying series also my last tango with my MBX5R. I hope to leave with a great result. See how it goes. HPC will be planning a big race in the next few months. I will inform the regional drivers about the race. 1/8 Buggy is still gaining momentun in the country. Myself and Danny Teh is getting more involved in the country's RC activities. We are putting a national series together for next year for 1/8 onroad, 1/10 GP Touring, 1/10 EP Touring and 1/8 Buggy.
A lot of work man!

I am really looking forward to my first race with the EC. I will be having a very good Team mate in Mr Andy Dass. He just won the LRP Cup in Malaysia last month for 1/10 GP Touring. He is coming on board full time with the EC. He should be receiving his car this week. XRay Team Malaysia should have a good time.

My new XRay team buddies Chester and Glenn, Luigi and Boss (Sam) from Singapore, looking forward to your help and racing together. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 20:19:05 

When building my new EC kit I noticed the pinion bearing doesnt fit tight in the bulkhead when the pinion is installed. There is noticable end play and I had to use the shims one on either side of the bearings when installing the pinion so it was tight. I purchased new bulkheads through my local retailer bmainhobbies.com and they also fit loosely. I dont know what to do. Was installing the shims correct? Who do I contact about getting some new bulkheads? Should I send them back to the store? I have already opened the packages to check and see if the inner bearing fit was corrected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 20:36:58 
team driver

Hello ptpracing,

If there is a play at the pinion gear You can put a shim but only at the driveshaft's side. Because if You put a shim on the "Inside" part the pinion will be too close to the diff case. In a hard crash the pinion might leave a scracth mark on the diff case.

Concerning the play, You could try to use a CA glue. Find a tooth pick and drop very little amount of CA on the tip of the pick. Then You could apply a very thin layer on the bearing cavity in the bulkheads (If necessary do it in both sides). A thin layer will be adequate to make it "snug" on it's place. Oh yes, I think it's better for You to clean the surface of the bearing cavity so that the CA glue will stick better on the plastic surface.

Hope this helps.. Happy Racing.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 21:36:47 

I had thought about wrapping the bearing in a coating of teflon tape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 00:42:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 02:10:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 09:55:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 06:35:28 

does all the tq parts fit on the EC chassis im thinking about using an old TQ as a last ditch back up for parts to get me out of trouble on race days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 07:03:18 

Yes, cept for the radio tray and center F/R universals...I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 07:07:46 

If you want to use new EC chassis (#351101) on TQ than you have to use also new alu radio plate (#356116) and also new F/R center driveshafts (2x #355601). All other parts you can use from EC without problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:56:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 19:00:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 09:06:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:00:43 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 43  Next