[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - set ups

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 01:20:25

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 17:55:23 

David do you think this would help the loose condition people are experiencing ?

CHAD BRADLEY (chadb) on Wed Nov 24 23:16:44 2004:

Ive tested the x5 with it being heavy and as light as i can get it, I
perfer it heavy (not extreamly, just with all the prospec options). I
however like to get the front end as light as i can get it.

I even run a really heavy battery, Orion has 2300 double A's, I solder
up 5 of them. Also with those batteries the car will go over an hour
easy.

I use the Ti screws only on top, I keep the steel ones on bottom to
keep the C.G. low, I use ti screws on the bottom that holds the front
diff case to the chassis (to keep the front end light)(and my pillow
balls in the front take close to 1 ounce off the front, I hope to have
them for sale after the Maxy race next weekend).

Degani likes his 777 heavy also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 19:59:30 

Chris,

I'm not Dave.................obviously. :)

I don't think your car is to light.

I will offer you this info however:

I would play a little more with your diff oils. Try lightening your rear oil up a bit and then maybe your center a little. If your running 3K in the rear DON'T be afraid to try 2K or 1K. Same with the center diff. Remember, one change at a time. DON'T do both at the same time. You should notice a BIG difference.

While there are MANY other adjustments that you could make to the geometry of the car, I think the diff oils would be the easiest and probably the most noticable for you as well.

Another point for everyone here that may be somewhat new to RC or whatever: driving styles, engines, track surfaces and tires play a HUGE, HUGE part in set-ups. Don't freak out if David's or Gene's or Greg's or My set-ups or someone else's set-ups don't work for you and YOUR condition's perfectly. You may be a hammer and trying to run Davids butter smooth driving style set-up or your may be butter smooth and trying to run my set-up. Point is, it's NOT the end of the world if you have to change something that doesn't fit you. XRAY has included probably the most informative set-up info in the back of their manual. Use that information to your advantage!!! Just do a couple of things;

MAKE ONLY ONE CHANGE AT A TIME!
--and--
WRITE DOWN WHERE YOU STARTED SO YOU CAN GO BACK IF NEEDED!

I'm sure David will be on here soon and have a comment for you as well.

For what it's worth,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 20:29:38 

Mike
are you a balls out driver then? attacking everything real hard?

if so can you post a balls out set up as even though i'm going to try to drive my XB8 smooth i know i'll be Wide Open everywhere after a week or 2 :roll: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 21:47:48 

Well, quite frankly you can't really have a "balls out" driving style and be competitive nationally. I'm generally at the edge of traction everywhere. I prefer the term "strapped". Like in Gas Truck the rear of my truck is usually spinning and kicked out a half inch or so in the turns. I'm not bragging by any means!!! I'd prefer to have David's driving style. It's hard for me to smooth out, while that's his natural style. It's WAY easier for me to beat myself driving like I do. My style holds me back and I'm working on it.

I learned to drive on loose MASSIVE TRACTION surfaces. So I'm generally heavier on the trigger than I should be :)

When I get my set-up dialed it'll be posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 23:32:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 23:42:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 03:41:44 

Bradley and Degani are both straped drivers, so they will prefer a heavier car, it allows them to run thicker oil everywhere because of the weight of the car and how they drive. I am loving the car with the weight that it is, if you think weight will help you, just get some weights and try it out. I very rarely make the car rotate, I let the car and the tires do the work in the corner, so I prefer light setups on oil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 19:33:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 23:49:24 

Chris - Richard Saxton is pretty strapped, Mark P. and Tebo are smooth, Kortz is right in the middle. The best drivers can do both, all of the mentioned names above can. If in traffic I drive like the car behind me, otherwise smooth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 03:05:23 

Post subject: Blank Setup Sheet
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 23:21:52 

Does anyone have a copy of the blank setup sheet that you could eMail to me? I've been trying to get it off of the website but I think they've had some probelms with it over the past couple of days. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 23:38:00 

email addy would work :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 00:38:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 03:46:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 04:09:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 17:08:33 

Thanks David for the setup tips :wink: Does anybody have a chart that compares these Xray oils(400, 500 etc...) to regular weight oils like 30,40,50? Thanks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 17:46:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 18:42:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 00:06:42 

Last edited by The Machine on Tue Dec 14, 2004 23:21:37, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 00:52:11 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next