[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY XT8 ----- Truggy General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 08:26:49

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 52  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 14:42:38 

If they gave you information and then it's delayed for a reason or another, you would be more disappointed.

If you can drive you can win any race with the Xray truggy. Even with the plastic suspension blocks. 1. Drive 2. Judge.
And I'm sure that you wouln't know the difference if someone changed your suspension blocks without you knowing it. Only thing making you slower is the knowledge that there are plastic parts. That's what really bothers you. :D Maybe it's the curse of all Xray drivers. We want race-proven competitive products they should also look sweet. Still I think it's more important that the focus is put on the go, not the show.

If the product doesn't exceed your expectations, then fine, get something else. At the track there are guys driving faster than you with their plastic-suspensionblock-Xray-truggies, that's how it usually is. It's sad. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 15:03:55 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 17:49:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 18:42:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 19:08:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 19:19:54 

Does not matter if we are a minority or not..We are customers with an issue with one of their products....

It´s their obligation to respond, not mine to sell and buy parts to get it right..

Can´t imagine you buying a new 1:1 car and sell the tires to be able to get a descent suspension...

It´s not how its done....

Need to know if this is their R version...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 19:34:03 

Well there is the product, it's not their obligation to change it because someone demands. They could make a car with pink alu parts for me only.

I wouldn't buy such 1:1 car, unless I would think that the car in other ways is worth the change. And talking of descent suspension sounds bit harsh. You could rather say 'sell the tires to get different kind of screw to mount the shock' or whatever. Or are you pointing out the XT8 suspension isn't descent?

Xrays customer support is second to none, but I'm sure they have thought this thing over already when making the decision. Bad luck for you, many will still like the tires and hopefully Xray will sell more cars with this. It's not about making all happy, its about making most happy. You can't please all, but the pink alu would still be nice. *Hint* *hint* :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 20:19:40 

Don´t know if you understand the issue?

1. I, and many others with me would like to get an explanation from Xray about their choice of putting e-clips on a modern car that they say sets the new Truggystandard wher plasic replaces Alu, not beacause of anyting else but the retail price kept low.

2. Is this version like the R version and is there coming out a pro model?

3. Why is´nt the car tested and manufactured with the standard 150 cc tank?

4. Where is the release info? Whats going on? Is something not right with the car or is it a lack och material or what?

Thats what i would like to know....

I´m NOt saying that their going to change it... If i don´t like what I see I will buy another one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:25:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 20:11:37 

1) XRay, while trying to keep the price down, will not do anything that doesn't make sense on the track, I don't know how much of their history you know, but their lineage shows this. The plastic suspension blocks may actually be better, who knows? You do get a bigger surface area in which they ride on, they are A LOT beefier than their aluminum counterparts, you don't have to unscrew the whole mount to change an arm out, and I have personally seen bent aluminum pieces on the buggy, but never a broken plastic suspension holder.

2) This is the pro truggy. They only do the machined towers that are black with silver edging on the race/pro versions.

3) The truck was designed and tested around the 125cc tank because they might have changed the design several times in prototype stages that may have called for a change in tank design, so why re mold a tank with every change in prototypes, when you could make the truck work with a 125cc tank, then design a new tank around the finished truck.

3.5) (This one, provides answers to both, 3 and 4.) Over at XRay, they are SLAMMED!!! They are trying to produce 3 different cars that will hit the WORLD market in a month's time. This is an amazing feat when you think about the time, effort and materials that go into producing a single run of a kit! They are updating one kit and making two brand new ones. This entails new instruction manuals (A HUGE DEAL, if you've never made one, you wouldn't know, haha), production and bagging of parts and packaging these parts in boxes, two of which are brand new boxes. All of these processes and supplies from their suppliers have to align just right for everything to work out as well as it has!!!

4) They are very close to shipping out all of the corrected EC's which should be followed by the NT1's, then the truggies next month. I am very impressed by their work and how well everything has gone to this point, yes there were errors, which every company is going to make (some may not do anything about it) but at least XRay is fixing their mistakes and getting the cars out to us in a expedient manner... Name one other company that will produce a kit and everything that goes with it (parts production, literature, boxes and parts packaging) in house and of the level of quality to match XRay? I'll give you the answer, no other company does this, and cares so much about their results on the track and how their kit goes together as XRay does, which is why I love being a part of their operation and have run their cars for the past 5 years and will continue to do so.

I hope this helps answer your questions. And please think about them and their efforts when you consider the 'stink' that has been raised about the composite suspension blocks and eclips. Just remember, there is no company like XRay in the world. No other company will design and respond to the racing community as XRay will, and this can be shown in their kits and race results. If they didn't think that it is better for a truggy to use the composite suspension holders and eclips they wouldn't have put them in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 21:24:59 

Like your answer...:)

A couple of things....

No one would be happier than me if this works out to the best...

I´m NOT the only one to react to this descision to use e-clips. the opposit, this is the main concern in other forums aswell! Many potential buyers is not ordering for this reason... As been read in forums...

So we can exspect the truggy to enter my door in sometime in May?

Thats sad news..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 00:13:05 

Well said Rocco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 00:23:00 

Very well said

I pretty much figured Xray is a madhouse right now. Betcha those people are putting in some serious hours at work.

I think sometimes what we think and take for granted as a fun hobby is hard, labor intensive (mentally and physically) activity for those who supply us with these really cool models.

Thanks Xray!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 06:58:39 

Makes the wait much easier Rocco thanks. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 19:39:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 22:15:49 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 22:25:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 22:28:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 23:24:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 23:30:47 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 52  Next