[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY XT8 ----- Truggy General Forum

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:24:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 52  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 06:19:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:44:46 

Richmond:

I 100% agree with what you're saying. It had crossed my mind that maybe the images on the X-Ray site were not necessarily of an 'R' version, but a slightly pre-release version and they had not quite had time to finish machining the hinge pin holders.

Sami L:
To backup PaulC2K on your post; I to am not after 'blingy blingys' as you put it. I just want to be purchasing the best quality truck I can with the best quality components. If you don't want to pay X-Ray prices (which have always been the most expensive in the industry) there are plenty of other options when buying a truggy.

What gets me (and as a product designer I feel I'm in a slightly better position to comment than some) is that the costs in producing the new truggy compared to the latest buggy will be so similar. And they are obviously trying to match the rrp of the two new kits. Nearly all the components are identical (certainly in terms of manufacture), yet a few of the higher quality parts (not bling!) found on the EC have been left off the XT8. Admitidly they'll initially have more R&D costs to make up, but it shouldn't affect things in the long term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 20:27:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 21:11:47 

Has anyone heard a release date yet? I've been out for a while and haven't heard. I have one on preorder but looking to get it B4 season starts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 21:46:20 

Just something to think about with the alloy suspension holders and why they may have gone plastic, but in my TQ I normally run 3 degrees of toe, and its taken over six months to get some slop in the insert. Last weekend at a big meeting I ran 4 degrees of toe and they have already got some slop in them and they were new inserts for the meeting. With the extra weight and grip of truggy tires, I would assume that inserts like this would get too much slop and that the plastic holder and e-clip would be more robust. Just a thought as to why they may have gone down this track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 23:34:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 00:45:36 

rocketman:

I've been told release date is mid to end of March (in UK) by teamxray.co.uk.

GregM:

You could have a point, although surely an all-plastic hinge pin holder would produce even more slop over a shorter amount of time?

carlo71:

I've owned a Jammin and still do own a Mugen MBX5T Prospec; the Jammin uses a solid alu. holder with no insert (meaning you have purchase new alu. holders for different amounts of toe), and the mugen Prospec uses an alu. holder with non eccentric bushings. Although it does include a set plastic holders for different amounts of toe (these are all you get with the standard Mugen truggy kit).

As you point out, X-Ray do produce the best quality kits, and I too will be purchasing one as soon as they release the truggy. I'm more annoyed they've chosen to use e-clips to secure the pins rather than another captured method like the Mugen Prospec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 01:05:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:49:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 05:46:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 02:15:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 02:21:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 01:27:55 

wondering what other team drivers have the XT8 already? i am trying to get ready for mine by getting some tires and rims but unsure of which ones i need to get. do i get the off-set rims or the 0 off-set rims? then what tires go on what rims? :? :?

i am so confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 02:08:58 

Yeah, its a bit of a minefield as basically the wheels and tyres arent labelled as truggy, but they're often in with monster truck wheels it seems.

Pretty sure its 0 offset too, the only time you'd want an offset would be for the buggy people wanting to cheat and still use short arms and use the offset rims to extend them etc.

I bought 2 sets of Crimefighter MT tyres and realised that while they're classed as 'Standard size Monster Truck & Truggy Tires' they're actually useless on the standard size truggy classed wheels, their '40 series' wheels (which you want the 'MTR' version). The MTR has less sidewall it seems, my 'M' kit had the MTR versions in there (so i have 3 sets now! grrr) and the MT version seem to be wider and extend further out, more overhang kinda.

Proline MTR are their true Truggy range it seems, but both are compatable as long as you have a compatable wheel to 'wear it'. I'll have to buy some velocity rims to make use of the MT tyres but i might just ebay em.

Dont know about other brands yet, thats all ive picked up so far, but if you look on a couple of the bigger sites, maybe A Main one ;) you might find their product information handy, usually its pretty helpful.

17mm hex i guess is the only other thing to add, but thats fairly obvious i guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 15:38:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 16:25:02 

I would not count on the zero offset wheel size yet. I have seen factory driven 8t with both zero offset and half offset wheels, I would wait for a confirmation from someone with firsthand knowledge of the car as it comes from the factory. :?: 17 MM however is correct.

With respect to tires, the tire size will be any standard MT tire NOT 40 series. Proline has the MTR series, crimefighter, bowtie, and holeshot. The Panther Boas MT and the new Panther Switch 2.0 Mt, are my personal truggy tire of choice. GRP offers the GRip and the Cubic, however they require GRP wheels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 17:05:12 

i saw that in the pictures of wheelers and aigon truggies. aigon had standard and wheeler had off-set. that was why i was wondering what was up. hopefully someone will chime in here and let me know which ones are the ones to get. :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 20:17:44 
team driver

Booker, The only two trucks in the US are the ones that Yannic and Josh ran at the Nitro Challenge so as to answering your questions about wheels and tires.....we don't know yet. I will know when I get the truck.

Jason Branham

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 07:12:43 

Post subject: XT8 Weight?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 23:17:10 

Hi!

Woudering about the Weight When RTR.. And also just the kit without engine and electrics....

/Martin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1039 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 52  Next