[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Li-Po and T2 - Can we used?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 04:35:40

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Li-Po and T2 - Can we used?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 15:10:38 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 17:25:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 18:50:37 
team driver

Post subject: Great Tip
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 19:13:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 05:53:32 

Maybe xray should jump on the bandwagon and issue a "LiPo kit" for the T2, which would contain a new rear right bulkhead and stuff to hold the battery in place... and some extra weights... I would consider buying it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 06:29:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 18:00:13 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 19:57:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 18:42:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 22:58:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 04:31:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 08:42:36 

Hi there,

I think your comment about a small number of people is wrong. I was at my LHS on Saturday - one of the largest in the UK - and they said that LiPo was already outselling NiHM from their own sales records.

My second point is that a great designer will look to understand what the changing environment looks like and will try to future-proof their end product.

In summary, after only 2.5 months production the design has already been superseded by a majority of purchasers buying LiPo. My point is that while XRAY clearly build a superior product, they along with other vendors need to understand and work better with the other component suppliers in the industry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:55:17 

I understand your basic point but have to disagree on the conclusion. The XRay T2 is first and foremost designed to be a top end racer. At the moment all the international and most of the national (possibly all) ruling bodies do not allow LiPo batteries to be used in international or national competitions. Given the big difference in voltage between sub-C batteries and LiPo batteries it is also not very likely that these rules will change very quickly. Add to this the big difference in weight which means that to build a top end racer for LiPo batteries will involve more than just a different bulkhead and I think it is very understandable for a great designer such as Juraj to decide not to take this into account when designing the T2.

Just my 2cts worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 23:04:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 14:39:31 

I hope you do realize that the XRay T2 was designed almost 1.5 years ago. At that time LiPo was seldom used anywhere and was not allowed in most countries even at club level. Since then LiPo's have been in use more and more and things have changed. For instance companies like Orion are now designing their LiPo batteries to make it easier to fit them to the current cars which are all designed primarily focussing on the sub C standard. For instance the Orion 3200 LiPo battery fits the T2 and T2R (although it is tight).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 17:41:30 

[quote="Tonyv"]I hope you do realize that the XRay T2 was designed almost 1.5 years ago. At that time LiPo was seldom used anywhere and was not allowed in most countries even at club level. Since then LiPo's have been in use more and more and things have changed. For instance companies like Orion are now designing their LiPo batteries to make it easier to fit them to the current cars which are all designed primarily focussing on the sub C standard. For instance the Orion 3200 LiPo battery fits the T2 and T2R (although it is tight).[/quote]

Tony... I agree with you partially, but as the T2 was designed one and a half year ago, that´isn´t the case of the recently introduced T2 2007. Even that Xray designers already know about lipo batts existence when it was designed, and even that they already have modified the rear right bulkhead in this new car, it´s still conceived just for Sub C batteries, and designer tried to lower the GC with the top deck, only letting enough space just for sub C batteries, since we have to file out the chassis, in order to gain space to fit the Sub C, and not any other kind of battery (competitive as the current 4200 NiMH, and that´s not the case of lipo TO 3200 you mentioned)

The battery manufacturers are doing their work, trying to make a more efficient and cheaper batteries, increasing their perfomance and life cycle, and this is the case of the lipo ones, They are trying to fit in a volume considered for normal hobby or proffesional battery. We advocate for these developments, and we want to use them, since most of us don´t race world cahmpionships and we just want more features but we want a more affordable hobby as well

But in this milimeter fight, letting the option of one or two milimenters of more room for lipo batteries, will not stop world class drivers for winning championships, and Xray will give every xray fan car what they want.

it´s the same case for example in the 1:1 scale cars. For winning, for instance the World Rally Championship, manufactures make their developments in order to win the WRC, but most of us don´t buy a car with this kind of features, since we don´t need it because we just want a car for our daily journeys. but manufactures let us the option and the freedom for "tuning" our vehicles. If they say ...."ok, we only sell this kind of vehicles with this specific features because this is the only one that we can guarantee you can use for winning the WRC ( we don´t mind if you race or not), and you only can put this kind of fuel, because this is the only one approved by FIA for racing", This manufacturer will broke soon, and close their factories, because they didn´t pay attention to customer needs. and this manufacturer just was aiming to win championships, but forgot what customers let it to make their developments for winning them.

As I said before, it´s just a milimeter fight, but as Xray isn´t a non profit organization, the only way to stay in a market, is to satisfy customer needs succesfully, and keeping good relationships with them.

I always has been a Xray fanatic, even when nobody know about Xray. I could appreciate the quality, in the first T1, and I fell in love with the car, and promulgate and always has been a Xray evangelist. I recently ordered the T2 2007, and i concerned about to use my lipo batteries in this car, but the right answer is not to say me .....ok use the T2R, or use this specific battery. As customers, we need options.to choose and not choose by defaul because it is the only one than can fit

I am almost sure that HB won last championship with an inferior vehicle. I would never think that HB is better than Xray, but lowering the GC of the car, sacrificing we cant use good and decent lipo batteries, from my perspective is a mistake, It´s like you say " ok...use only this fuel becasue this is the only one approved by FIA", otherwise you can´t use our vehicle

Thanks, and I really appreciate if you can scale this situations and opinions to management. People is very worried about xray is trying to broad the market , but is loosing quality and over-pushing the market with frequent releases.

That´s my honest opinion

Last edited by motorstock on Sun Jan 28, 2007 02:10:19, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 00:05:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 00:52:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 01:31:04 

[quote="althea"][quote="motorstock"]
...but as a non profit organization as is Xray...
[/quote]
:shock: :shock:
Not that it matters, but I believe Xray is for-profit business...[/quote]

Yes...you are right, I made a mistake, What I mean "xray is not a non profit organization".... Thanks.

And Tony let´s hope xray would be the first adopting this battery techonolgy. I have seen Martin Hudy´s car with lipo´s with a modification, but these kind of modifications are the ones we really want to avoid to do by ourselves. For me, to make a modification onto a T2 is like a sin or a sacrilege, since we aren´t Juraj Hudy to determine if that modifications are completely correct or not, or if they will affect the vehicle behavior. What we really want is that Hudy keep in mind us, the hobby drivers ( it doesn´t mean we don´t want to be competitive) and trying to design a better car but including these kind of battery technologies, and continue the evolution. But for this time, in my humild opinion, the evolution should be ready for good perfomance lipos.

Thanks Tony

Post subject: T2 pics???
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 17:03:25