[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - motor question

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Fri Jul 26, 2024 22:12:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: motor question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 07:50:24 

I bought a used xb8 tq. I am getting ready to buy the motor for it and was thinking about the RB S7 with matched pipe. They come as a kit for 290 and was wondering how they hang with the high dollar motors.

My other question is this, In truggy class, I do really well with my losi muggy. Couple TQ's and normally make it to amain. When i run the buggy class, I get my butt handed to me by the same people I beat in truggys. I was driving a sportwerks mayhem with axial 28 at club level. I always felt like I was barely hanging on. Will the xray help with this or is it goin to be even more for me to handle? I just dont see how I can be one of the better truggy drivers, but blow it all when i switch to buggys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 13:20:13 

The RB is a great engine. is it the s7II, or s5. if it is the s7II it is comparabel to a p5 as far as where the power is, the s5 has more bottom and a little less mid to top. now if it is a WS7III....it has power everywhere with a screaming topend. you cannot go wrong with either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 13:50:11 

This is the exact motor. http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/de ... .21/Detail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 19:20:43 

That's a really potent engine/pipe combo. I run the RB WS7 line of engines, and I reallly love the power band.

As far as the buggy is concerned, just remember it is just a piece of equipment. Switching from brand x to brand y will not immediately make you faster. What will make you faster is familiarizing yourself with your new XRAY on the track, geting a good setup, and utilizing its excellent durability to finish races. And as you know, "in order to win a race you must first finish".

Enjoy the XRAY, you won't find a better buggy out there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 21:48:22 

Check out the for sale section - I just posted a new EB modified OS v-spec deadly fast and great fuel consumption. I have used both the OS in the past and currently an EB modified Novarossi P5X which is also great but uses more fuel than the O.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 05:09:02 

The S7 is a viscious engine! A buddy if mine has run them in the past and can tell ya they are powerful. Same piston and sleeve as the WS7 engines. Different block and crank. The S7 is a very good engine that I'm sure you'll be happy with.

And I went from a Mayhem to an XB8 as well. I had my RB Mods C6BB in it and when I switched over to the XRay it felt like I found my buggy. I loved my Mayhem but the XB8 really moves me! You just have to be more patient with the XRay because it's much more adjustable than the Mayhem. The XB8 platform can be adjusted to any track ya just have to find it. But it's in there!

Anyways congrats on scoring an XRay. The quality is second to none. And it drives/handles as good as it looks.

regards

speed metal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 23:48:22 

The wife decided she wanted a buggy, so wasn't able to get the motor this week. With snow coming tomarrow, it will be to cold to break in a motor. To get by for now, I got a bump box back plate for an axial 28 I had. This thing flies, but so much torque. It gets squirly real easy if not carefull. I just think it is to much motor. Other than that, it drives so much better than my old mayhem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 17:51:33 

Well i guess it depends what you want from an Engine.
If you want a durabale Engine, with almost no Fine Tuning to do whenever it's a couple of degrees warmer or colder you Should Get An R&B, If you want a Motor that runs only a few gallons, need to tune it every 2 seconds, but runs like Chilli Peppers, i'll guess ther are More options.

My Advice ? R&B All The Way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 06:59:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 07:04:36 

Post subject: Werks B3!!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 07:13:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 07:14:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 08:14:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:07:22 

Best part about this forum is that everyone's ready to help or give advice and suggestions. Sometimes beating others to it i.e. showtime, but nonetheless it's what makes this forum the best one in the R/C industry by far. :D

Dude, I totally forgot bout the Werks Teamline B3. You got me on that one. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 23:43:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 01:24:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 15:39:24