[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - ok share your thoughts long time owners

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 17:43:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: ok share your thoughts long time owners
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 20:28:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 04:50:23 

how many times do i haffta to say it......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 04:54:08 

couple more times :oops:

Post subject: BUY IT
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 13:42:35 

:lol:

Two full very muddy races, practice, chrashing = No problemos 8)

So, again, buy it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 14:33:10 

Tip - you might not get the most unbiased reviews here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 16:02:57 

did you see the nov issue of Car Action mag review? it AC'ed it all across the board. and i have a gal and 1/2 and no probs at all. this bug really drives like a caddy. im not going to keep going on and on. i will say im sooooo glad that i didnt go w/ the 777. i have a kyosho 7.5 w/ kanai 2 upgrades to the fullest and it would rip it a new a$$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 16:53:00 

THis Buggy instills confidence. It is very predictable so you feel more comfortable going deeper into corners and punching it out of the corners. It has reduced my lap times considerably as well as increasing consistancy, my lap times are now within 1 sec of each other. I typically use a smooth, "touring car" style driving technique with as little wheel spin as possible and the buggy drives like a touring car. I have also driven it as hard as I could, 4 wheel drifting around corners, going in very deep and kicking it sideways, the car does it just as well. I wont say that this buggy will make you a better driver, only practice does that, but I will say that the XB8 takes less effort to go fast around the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 17:57:02 

ok now im getting it :D im still stuck on the v-spec or the rb ws7II who has owned both? i need good top end and bottom with good fuel economy (prefferably) and long lasting im unsure of the os lifespan so im hesitant to buy it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 18:29:47 

Entering my 6th gallon on the XB8..

Quality wise... hard to fault XRAY as they are pretty much established as a premium brand.

Durability wise... it's durable enough considering it's so light compared to other popular choices (777, MBX5/Prospec) only the Hyper's are more durable (but at the cost of weight).

I've gone through lots of spares now, but only the Hyper 7's cost cheaper to run and maintain. Kyosho and Mugens parts pricing are noticable higher.

If I had to do it again, I'd go XB8.

Just keep the following spares handy;

2 pcs Front lower A-arms.
1 complete set Rear lower A-arms (left and right are different)
1 set Front upper turbuckles.
1 set Shock boots
1 complete set of clutch shoes, springs and clutch bearings.

The above list might indicate that the buggy isn't that durable, but my list of spares on the 777 was A WHOLE LOT longer and needed a separate toolbox that I had to tag along if I want to enjoy a full day's buggy race.

The hudy steel stuff are really wearing more slowly than ANY other buggy I've tried (except for the turnbuckle) so whereas another buggy would be too tired (too pricey to keep fixing) in 6-8 gallons, I predict the XB8 would last between 12-16 before the driveline parts are too worn out to keep competative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 18:33:19 

The WS7II is overall a very powerfull engine, especially in a light XB8.
It's known to last long.
The ONLY drawback for it might be, it's a little pipe and clutch sensitive.
However, there is more than enough info on the RB forum to get you going in the right direction.

As for the Vspec, I've looked into it, as I myself was thinking about getting one.
I just can't find any convincing info on it.
Some say it's a powerhouse, others say it needs fuel with extra oil and that they don't last...blown bearing, worn out after 2 gallons etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 18:35:12 

thas what ive been reading also and made me lean more towards the ws7II, i see most people running the jp-1 pipe whish i have so i guess it should work ok 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 18:48:01 

I would also think about getting an adjusable clutch (werks/spm or rmv), if/when you get the WS7II.
It will make it much easier to tune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 18:51:10 

hmm mayb after i buy a new radio my xs3 is giving out on me :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 19:48:48 

ok this is my track what pipe/engine do you think will work the best? its not very small nor huge

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tmaxx23/LSTonTrack.wmv

yea i kno its a LST not a buggy :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 20:08:15 

my v-spec is on 4 gal and still feels like the day i got it. no probs at all and it will rip low mid and high! you would be pleased w/ it. very strong motor but so is the RB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 03:21:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 04:07:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 05:04:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 05:45:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 06:31:45