[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T2'007 First Impressions - ALL DRIVERS

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 14:26:24

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T2'007 First Impressions - ALL DRIVERS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 17:52:40 

All,

I'd like to keep the tradition, that started with the original T2, ongoing. It would be nice if drivers could share their first impressions here in this thread and keep the other T2'007 thread for product/setup questions and concerns.

And by all means give us the details of your experience, whether good or bad. Just remember to keep it constructive and polite. :wink:

Answer questions like:

1. Did you read the docs first or not? (I didn't :oops: :D )

2. How was the build process? Any suggestions for updates to the manual?

3a. What setup did you start with? Include items such as tires, motor and battery used.

3b. If using one of the basic setups, are there any variations, no matter how insignificant they may seem?

4. How did it drive on the very first battery pack? Include your thoughts about both the technical handling, as well as how it affected your driving style/confidence.

5. What were your first thoughts/actions for changing the setup, if any?

6. How did the car react to each setup change? Did the handling change as expected, or were there any surprises?

7. What available or new option parts would you be interested in?

8. Is there any other constructive feedback that you can provide?

NOTE: Please remember not to include any competitive product information, such as comparing your 007 to another brand car that you previously raced. However, comparing it to a previous T1/T2 platform could be interesting reading.

We appreciate your time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 18:25:49 

I think it will not be anything unexpected for me to write that I love the car. :D :D :D
But we all are looking forward to any positive-negative experiences with the new T2'007.

Post subject: Re: T2'007 First Impressions - ALL DRIVERS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 20:21:48 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 23:18:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 04:18:02 

Post subject: T2 EU
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 04:40:37 

MY CAR: T2EU007 on sorex 28 tires stock motor on carpet

1. Did you read the docs first or not?
Yes, as well as the online tips listed here, and if it where not for this forum i would not have known about the bearing problems, i too the time to give them a good dose of lube

Simple in 3-4 hours it was complete, i finished the shocks and tie rods inside my service van between service calls...thanks to my lap top i had a flat table to work on!!... It almost builds its self..

3a. What setup did you start with? Include items such as tires, motor and battery used.
Box stock basic rubber setup sheet used+sorex 28, monster horsepower,IB4200s 18tooth pinion

3b. If using one of the basic setups, are there any variations, no matter how insignificant they may seem?
I played with reducing rear toe and played with rear chassis posts, the car pushed initially....

4. How did it drive on the very first battery pack? Include your thoughts about both the technical handling, as well as how it affected your driving style/confidence.
The car pushed at first so it was supper easy to drive.. IT was whisper quite and felt really nice, i felt confident to drive it fast, but the push held me back....

reduced rear toe to 1.5 and 2 down from 3... the car started to lift the rear tires as the push turned to over steer.

6. How did the car react to each setup change? Did the handling change as expected, or were there any surprises?
Small changes made noticeable changes to the car on the track. Much of my initial push was a result of my over driving into the corners, the 4200s and monster gave very good straight line speed so much so i would setup too late for corners as i learned to roll off the power sooner i found that going back to the original stock setup but with spacers on the wheel hexes, i widen the car about 2-3mm front and rear i also left the rear post in the chassis.... So very much still box stock
ultra hard wide bumper, my local hobby shop cuts them out for us and we install them onto of the stock plastic bumper and below the foam

bearings.... xray has not had a bearing failure history, on this car however they do, i am lucky so far that mine are holding up. But i feel if there is a known issue they should be replaced. Other then that the price is steep but xray is not alone nore are they the most expencive. I suppose at the 400$+US price range i would expect the following to be included in the box:allum shock bodies,sway bars,more shims, ball diff as well as oneway(yes im getting greedy)but its constructive... oh how about HITEC SERVO HORNS!! :)

The manuals are by far the top of the industry, the extra setup guide an un heard of document on most of the other top cars.... I really love the glossy hi detailed manual and setup guide

I hate to say a new car improved my lap times cuz its what i hear all too often.. But i had drive our current track layout 2 times before running an R-- and a T2R and although i never got the setups mastered for those cars the T2r was starting to really work well for me, i went from struggling at 26laps to getting into the 28lap level with ease using the EU stock setup, 29 was tq and i feel i could come close and get it with more track time. I will point out that after 3 races on the same layout everyone has improved there results so that has to be kept in perspective...

Last edited by TKG26 on Sat Dec 02, 2006 22:53:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 01:16:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 01:28:49 

An update to my previous post. I received my 6deg C-hubs and ran them last night. I no longer strongly feel that you should have included them in the kit. They are a little harder to drive, because steering is much less consistent. This was on a very tight carpet track.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 17:47:06 

1. Did you read the docs first or not? (I didn't :oops: :D )
Yes... its only my 2nd Xray, better read the docs first :lol:

The easiest ever! Special thanks to the hints and tips like how to install the ball ends.

I used my setup from the old T2, but have to change the suspension holder back to 0mm. I'm running the US edition, with komodo pro 19T, Jaco foam, and SMC IB4200 SHV.

Comaring with the basic setup for foam, camber angle is increased to 2* rear and 1.5* front. front droop 1mm and rear 1.5mm. front toe out 0.5* and rear toe in 1.5*. 0mm suspension holder throughout. front +0.75mm offset wheel hub. Suspension spacer changed to 2.25mm front and rear (except the rear "back", to produce a 1.5* toe in). Rear upright camber link spacer 3mm, front with none. The rest is the same as the basic setup.

emm... funny question... first battery pack is used mainly to break in the diff... the 2nd battery pack, figured that some setup must be changed. Roughly at four pack, I get almost the same performance from my old T2. As usual, making setup changes will have noticable performance change. Car handles well, feel solid and confidence when cornering. Some difficult portion of the track seems pretty easy now.

I changed the droop setting first (well... suspension holder first I guess), to get less front droop.

Setup changes give me expected handling change. Car resposne to setup change "very well".

I have the front alloy steering block and rear alloy upright, front impact bumper and carbon holder, battery strap and motor guard. Nothing I can think of... my be xray can think of something???

I think its a well built car... kinda hard to give any other constructive feedback?? Maybe include a few examples of electronics layout (pics of actual layout) of "commonly" used electronics?

Final Comment
I can't wait to see how Xray surprised me with an improved platform next year... because to me, the new T2 is already the best, and will be very difficult to make any more improvement :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 20:31:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 23:27:01 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 07:44:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 21:46:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 22:49:28 

Yeah, my first xray so thought it was a wise idea
Easy to build.
Could change the instructions on eth shock end mountings (i got in wrong) and the chassis flex setup options aren't clear. I think there may also be a discrepency on the standard akerman setting.

Ran stock with 4200shv's on sorex 28R tyres on carpet
Using base EU setup to start with. Have now raised uppper RC link on back, reduced rear droop, spaced out rear wheels with a washer and laid down rear shocks 1 and stood fronts up 1. Also closed one hole on front dampers, leaving 2 open.
Was very loose on the back end (due to a loose rear diff i now know) but on second pack with a few changes it felt really good. For a new car, i could push really hard and seemed to catch people in sweepers with ease. Really happy
As above, more rear end grip, had lots of initial bite.
Setup changes done what i'd hoped, and the car should teach me how to setup a car better
The spaced out hexes, chassis weights and roll bars. Would like a motor cooling system, an xray own for either end of the end bell on the motor gaurd mount or for twin fans mounted vertically behind the motor maybe.
The car should really come with roll bars, and why are we given shock rod ends that we're told not to use?

Very pleased though, results have improved and i haven't broke anything as such yet. Spending ?40 on roll bars is going to hurt though and the chassis weights are way too expensive. Oh, and, why not include springs that are part of the standard xray line up?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 07:35:50 

Post subject: T2'007 First Impressions - ALL DRIVERS
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 18:05:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 13:28:13 

yes i read all docs first, very easy to follow.

2. How was the build process? Any suggestions for updates to the manual? build was very easy and quick no probs at all

i used basically the standard box setup with a few personal ajustments to suit my track. i used vtec 27 w/o warmers and CO27 with gp 4300's.

3b. If using one of the basic setups, are there any variations, no matter how insignificant they may seem? i reduced front camber to 1 degree, moved front shocks up 1 hole and reduced all round droop to 4.

4. How did it drive on the very first battery pack? Include your thoughts about both the technical handling, as well as how it affected your driving style/confidence. i have just moved up from the '05 and compared to the '007 its like a tractor. first run wasnt great i have a little oversteer but but the end of the meeting it was handling perfect and on pole A final pace.
5. What were your first thoughts/actions for changing the setup, if any? i had to make the car harder at the front because in my experince, box setup xrays always oversteer. :D
6. How did the car react to each setup change? Did the handling change as expected, or were there any surprises? no it did exactly what i intended it to which was nice. :P

7. What available or new option parts would you be interested in? i like the look of alu hubs which would be more precise and the one way pully.a few anodised bits would be very nice:)
yea very very good car exceeded all my expectations. the aluminium parts are very soft and are scoring very easily though and prehaps start making 1/10 bodyshells too.