[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What would you like to see in the Xray Truggy?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 00:26:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: What would you like to see in the Xray Truggy?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 07:18:17 

Last edited by Richmond on Sat Nov 25, 2006 19:11:45, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 09:12:01 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:26:33 

Over here is the UK, although buggies are dominant, truggys are fastly becoming peoples choice of car. The scene is growing rapidly for example next year the UK is having its first proper BRCA Truggy National series and already its proving to be quite popular on sign ups.

It used to be the case that people modified buggy's into truggys with the pioneers over here in the UK mainly being the now DXR Team (Cameron, Lewis and Wez who are putting on the Neo-Invitational meeting next month) who seemed to modify anything they could into anything they wanted (ah the mighty quando). Then factory modified "truggy's" started appearing i.e. the Lightning, and some people started buying them up. Now over the past year or so its fastly becoming peoples first choice and most manufacturers are making them.

Have you ever actually raced a truggy? They are extremely fun to drive and you will be seeing a lot more of them i am sure!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 14:53:28 

As Asterix says in the U.K truggies have just gone BOOM , i brought a Hellfire the beginning of the year and couldn't get on with it . . didn't like it at all

Now i have sold my trucks and got a CRT and i love it . . good as a basher and a racer

I also got a Xray TQ a few weeks back and BOY what a lovely bit off kit . . i'm new to Xray and this forum but this TQ is lovely , if fact i'm too scared to run at the moment in case it gets dirty LOL so i brought a 2nd hand CR to bash and test the big jumps until i get used to a buggy . . hopefully i'll be ready for next season

On the Xray truggy . . well if the build quailty so anything like the buggy and it lives up to the Xray rep . . the others better look out cos they won't know whats hit em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 15:55:35 

Don't take this as being sarcastic but from what I can tell in my "Jumping Ship" post and other posts there is not much they should change from the buggy to truggy just the obvious from one to the other. However if they are taking so much time and effort to make a premium Truggy I would like it to come out and not have to make any modifications to it, like we had to with the XB8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 17:40:49 

+1 ON THE TQ OPTIONS!! I would love to see it with all the TQ options for the truck kit... no need for the xb8 xb8r options... go for the best right off the bat
bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 19:30:24 

Here here, on going right to the top of the line truggy bits. Only major thing i can think of is to switch up the gearing on the truggy. Similar to what that other company did with the R-vs-T. I'd like to see the aluminum hubs front and rear in the box along with the one peice engine mount.

Contrary to what I read in another post, In this part of Ohio truggy runs second in Nitro poularity to Buggy. 1/10 is low man on the totem pole, many times having to run with Mod-truck. Two-cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 03:19:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 06:07:36 

Rosco, buddy.. I mean no harm. That's why I prefaced my comments with "my two cents." As in, here is my opinion.

Richmond's subject posed an open question.. I answered. :wink:

I suspect that my opinions wont prevent the rest of the world from having an Xray truggy.

Type OS 21 on ebay, and a chick with tig-ole-bitties is included in the search results. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 16:00:16 

I would like to see the diffs geared in the 4.3:1 to 4.5:1 range and use the buggy spur gear similar to what mugen has done , also would like to see the hingepin holders get thicker (5 to 6 mm) to withstand the leverage the long arms and big tires are going to dish out , I would also want standard offset 17mm wheels . Also a front to rear balance similar to my Helotes TQ would be nice . Everything else can be XB8TQ of course .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 17:50:11 

Shure would be nice if the battery box could accomodate a 2700 mah hump pack...hint hint :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 18:33:08 

I think they might need to beef up the rear arms...the rear outer hinge pin kept on popping out on me on big jumps...I think those truggie tires causes a lot of movement on those rear hubs because of the weight and size...a simple fix was to use washers with the set screws but still if you land wrong of hit the rear tie just right on a corner post it still would pop out...just my thoughts...I had a thaxt conversion and that tuggie conversion is sweet...use the tq set up it works great... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 13:11:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 20:38:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 21:37:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 08:15:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 19:18:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 22:27:00