[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Pinion for Graupner inline 380

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 04:23:41

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Pinion for Graupner inline 380
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 21:02:26 

Hi,

to reduce maintenance on my M18T I want to switch to a brushless system with a Graupner Inline 380 motor. Mainly I'm driving on a smaller carpet track, so high speed isn't important (going to reduce the top speed anyway).
Keeping the main spur, with which pinion (12-17) should I start?

Bye,
Spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 21:57:31 

That motor is too large. It has a 2.3mm shaft, and I believe its mounting holes may be further spaced than the stock mount. .

The closest I can find that Graupner offers is the inline 330. It has the right shaft diameter, though I dont know if its mounting holes are far enough apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 22:06:19 

that correct what mini me are saying. I have installede the 330 inline in my m18t and also race indoor on a small carpet track.
the 330 are perfect it you limit you truck to only running on 7.2 or 7.4 volts. I have reducet the top speed by only allowing my esc to put out only 50% power( its the mamba 25 esc i use) I sue the stock gearing 10/54 and the truck performs like if you had installed a graupner speed 300 6v motor, but you have more torqe and more topspeed. with the setting I race it performs like the speed 300 but with somthing like 15-25 % more power. the only thing you have to modify on your truck are the motor mount, the mount holes on the 330 are 1.5 mm closer together. so mm in dia to mount the motor. I have been thrug almost all the mamba motors and this motor is by far the bedst choice if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 22:24:24 

the INLINE 380 V7,2 is not too large (at least with the AluMotorHolder: I´m using it :D)

but you are right with the shaft size (=2,3mm), so the stock pinions wont fit

if high speed isn't important, I would start with a 10 pinion :idea:

btw: the Graupner side shows wrong specs. for the 380 :!:

here are the correct ones:

Last edited by Tyrefryer on Sun Nov 12, 2006 22:33:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 22:27:37 

So you need Mini-Inferno pinions. They are 48ptich and made for 400 size motors (2.3mm)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 04:26:24 

48 pitch metric or standard?

So the final word seems to be:

330=Correct Shaft size, incorrect can mounting.

380=Incorrect shaft size, correct mounting.

*Why doesn't Graupner just make a 370?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 08:43:39 

Again this discussion.... so far I know in the world of RC electrics the 48 pitch is only one type.

But another option is getting 1/8" aluminium tube. This tube has an outside diameter of 3.2mm and inside of 2.3mm so you can use it as an adapter to mount 10th scale pinions.
One tip, make a hole in it so the mounting screw of the pinion fits the shaft of the motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:44:27 

Roelof.

This might help show just how varied it really all is.

48 Pitch Metric (.6 module)
Example Vehicle: Shark/Anderson
http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/3 ... tml#metric

.5 Pitch Metric
Example Vehicle:RC18T

48 Pitch Standard
Example Vehicle: (Ours :) )

.5 Metric is close to 48 pitch standard, but slightly finer. I was asking per the MH8 Pinions as per you stated 48 pitch.. Which of the above though? If I were to take a stab probably .5 since it assembled in Asia. Which will work on the m18t, though just not as clean a mesh. If its 48pitch metric like the shark, then there is no way as per .6 module isn't nearly as fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 22:24:06 

Thanks for all your hints. One thing i'm not quite sure about: do the Mini inferno Pinions fit (48dp, 2.3mm)?
I still would prefer the 380, more torqe because of the bigger can.
Inlline 330 is an option, if i can't find fitting pinions for the 380.

Bye,
Spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 23:17:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 23:58:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 14:56:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 08:11:12 

The 280 motors fit´s perfect in this car, Both Feigao 280s and Inline380 to bad they are to heavy

Need a 2.2 drill for the piniongs and then ya home, im using that method and it´s great(but be sure that ya drill straight)

Ex:

The 180 motor Inline330 is a beast and fits perfect

http://rsb.se/galleri/albums/userpics/1 ... A41272.JPG

Sorry if destroyed the thread,just wanted to show how it colud be.

/Thomas P