[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - set ups

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 01:25:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 17:33:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 22:04:51 

David in St. Louis you started with the Mugen and switched to the Kyosho. What did the Kyosho do better than the Mugen ? Also what does the Xray do better than the other 2 ? I'm currently driving a Mugen and also have a Kyosho. There are some things about each car I like. I actually think I would be faster with the Kyosho. Which tells me the XK8 might be a great choice since everyone says it handles like a kyosho with more steering. I struggled in St. Louis getting the car to be any good and was never satisfied. You guys are lucky I live in Toronto Canada and it is maybe 50 degrees farenheit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 23:13:47 

Judging from Paco's measurements,
the Xray light blue springs are almost equal to Kyosho blue or Mugen grey in the back and slightly stiffer than kyosho blue and a lot softer than mugen grey up front.

I can see changing to kyosho blue up front, but it doesn't seem neccesary to change to mugen greys at all, unless you want something even stiffer than the xray dark blues up front.

Considering the light weight of this buggy, mugen springs seem to be a big no-no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 09:05:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 09:40:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:13:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:47:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 17:22:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 17:53:26 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 05:15:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:47:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:36:21 

its better to mod it like this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 18:52:16 

Any new set-up info ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 21:12:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 05:56:23 

Those comments were directed towards the 777, the rear arms are B4 copys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 18:49:10 

Here are two setups that I have liked very much on two totally different style tracks, good news is they are very similar, but these can be improved and will be :)

Georgetown: High traction, Hard packed, Chameleon track
Download:

Johnny Cool Guys: Medium/Low traction, Semi-loamy soft or dry dust, Komodo II track
Download: [url=http://www.teamxray.net/downloads/XB8_Joor_JCG_November20_2004.pdf]Click here
[/url]

Post subject: My Driving Style
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 19:28:45 

One of my teammates just reminded me that it would be important to post what my driving style is. I look like I am going very slow on the track, the car never is pitched, tight lines, and tires almost never spinning. That being said, I do try to test my setups by driving aggressive with them to see their limits and with the Johnny Cool Guy setup I found if I drove hard the rear would get loose and the nose or rear would slap the face of some of the sharper angled jumps if I came in too fast where some cars could do whatever speed they wanted. Granted, coming in fast to the jumps slowed you down even if your car could do it.

Both setups I started with Gene's setup and built from there, next track I goto I will return the car back to the middle settings and work out. If I find a trend of a change I keep making from all the different tracks than I will add that to my standard setup, but need more time to do that.

The Johnny Cool Guy race I didn't have my race partner with me and he is a great test for setups that we come up with because he is pro on-road guy but new to offroad. So when he drives, I get to watch and see where the car has its weaknesses, as opposed to when I drive it I can use the weaknesses as strengths with more control. The Georgetown setup was done with his help and I will be working more on that setup in a week or so.

Hope that helps, thanks JD for the tip, didn't even cross my mind on mentioning this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 04:13:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 07:15:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 17:34:21 

David I as talking with Ralph on the weekend in Cleveland. He says alot of guys complain about having to much steering. Is it just a set-up issue ? At times with my Kyosho the rear would be very loose under power exiting corners. The same for my mugen. I was running the Crono RS5. Just had to be smoother with the throttle delivery. The onroad guys are going to be running the car as well. That should be interesting. Josh can race offroad as he has for kyosho in the past. It should be intersting to see how they do. There is no question about there driving ability but the bumps and jumps timing might take a while. I just wish i could be there the first time a few of them drive the the XB8 and see there reactions. Ralph is going to be busy putting the team together. Thanks for the info.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next