[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Video of my NT18T running like crap help!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 18:31:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Video of my NT18T running like crap help!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 03:54:30 

I just added new bearings to the rear, rebuilt both diffs, rebuilt the brakes and pads.

Can you tell me whats wrong? It will go for awhile then just stop, then it wont really free roll, the diffs have been tightened, the servo is set to have some open throttle so the brakes wont engage, so I have no idea.

Please help.

http://www.dmp-racing.com/king/MOV03015.MPG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:20:55 

Your brake is to tight ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 14:37:30 

If i gave mine a good push it would roll further than that.You've got some major binding or as Roelof said your brakes are on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 16:00:45 

One major bind!Looks like your brakes are binding, cuz it stops right away when it idles. Maybe when your reassembled thing, you didnt reinstall the brake disc correctly. May be an error whem you readjusted your brake linkage. Just redo everything you did, you'll find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 18:06:54 

No but thats the thing, I can lift the truck up and it will spin, I can even spin it freely just fine when the motor is out of it, and it will roll. I redid the linkages last night so I hope that will fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 19:15:50 

If everything spins like you say, the only thing left is the clutch. It's not engaging early enough. Look at the Sticky thread knowledge base it will show you how. The thing is to readjust your accel/brake linkage cuz it stop to soon. Once it is at idle. it stops. should be roling until you brake. The video see is a little dark.but the engine revs, the car doesn't. redo your clutch tension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 20:22:43 

Ok I actually had that done prior to all of this, with my first clutch I had in it, but the nut backed itself out so I figured just redo it. I put the new stuff in and its basically the same issue.

You are supposed to spread the springs out from each other right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 20:39:44 

I spread them out til just before it touches the bell housing. at idle. or disengaged at idle speed.

Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 02:14:50 

is your clutch bell rubbing against the chassis? cuz my car sounded like that and the problem was the clutch bell running against the chassis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 07:34:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 00:05:21 

Hi! Today i rebuilt my two diffs and noticed that if you put the diffs wrong in the diff housing the rear or the front wheel was turning backwards instead of forwards. Maybe if your front wheels are spinning in the wrong direction the make the car go slow after acceleration when the front wheels gets grip on the ground... Just a thougt!

I wish you luck
P.s Because your weels spun free this might be the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 00:24:35 

No I dont think the truck would move at all, and if it did it would be to the diff set up looser, but that is not the issue as I have tested for that.

I just came back from getting new rear bearings, and I redid the clutch assembly, checked the brakes, and a new glowplug.

Wish me luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 04:20:41 

Well I tried to get everything together, went and got new BBs for the rear, new glow plug amd was ready to go.......until I lost a wheel nut!

GRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:09:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:54:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 21:14:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 21:16:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 00:23:58 

Didnt know Home Depot carried metric screw, that small!!! Though you'd have to go to the LHS....Since home Depot is two blocks away, I'll ckeck it out and stock up on metric hardware, may change over the screw to allens..... just a thought!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 00:48:13 

I think you misread what I said, they didnt have it, they were pretty confused at the size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 06:14:07