[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Diff gears

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 20:19:08

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 22:56:58 

A few pics. Sorry about the size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 23:00:05 

mine was exactly the same in the centre ,the front was rough feeling smooth when changed and so was the rear along with the diff housing .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10:42 

Do we know of any other diff that may fit, such as the hyper 8 spider?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 13:26:18 

dude i wouldnt change from xray gears this is a batch issue i presume, in 3 yrs racing these cars its the first diff prob i have had.and i will continue to use the replacement ones with confidence you dont get this gear quality from other manufactures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 13:55:18 

Please contact your distributor or XRAY with your full address and serial number of the car and you will get the gears replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 14:17:49 

I contacted Xray last week, and they did say that they would replace the gears. Hopefully, they will arrive this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 14:18:54 

see what i mean :) the support when something isnt quite right is 2nd to none.......mine have been replaced and yours will be as well..my last 2 cars had arround 15 gallon on each of them with all origional diffs that speaks for itself.

I sould be gettin paid promotion money for this (GRIN)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 16:27:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 17:44:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 18:54:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 22:20:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 23:38:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 00:10:51 

An ironic post for me. Decided to go check my Diffs after reading this this morning,, so down to the shop I went. pulled my rear diff and tore it down, all looked good. Tore down the center diff,,once again all looked well with no indifferent wear patterns, no trashed gears.

Pulled the front diff and tore it down,,,,,,, :( One of the Sun gears had a tooth broke off and little pieces of tooth metal floating around inside.

Found my Certificate of authenticity with the serial number on it and emailed Xray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 01:10:33 

Its happening alot, so dont worry about starting a panic. Everyone knows about it.

I heard that the one piece engine mounts, will reduce chassis flex in the middle.

The problem with the center diff wearing out is when TQ owners, or people who are upgrading to TQ upgrades are installing both the front and rear chassis supports. This puts all the chassis flex to the middle of the car, and its wearing out the center diffs.

Like I said, I heard that going to a one piece mount, is supposed to help with the diff problem.

Now if you are running the chassis braces, and the one piece engine mount and wearing out gears, then thats a different problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 08:18:56 

If anybody gets the larger satelite gear inside the diff worn out too quickly please contact your distributor who will replace it. Please email your serial number as only kits purchased locally will be serviced by distributor. This has been a batch isolated issue that has beeing solved, sorry for any inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 19:52:12 

Had a responce from xray saying they would let me know the reult of investigation, didnt offer to replace gears. Is it because diffs not run yet?
Im unsure as to continue build or wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 19:58:53 

Build it! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 20:16:54 

Drive it like you stole it son.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 02:55:17 

tHANK YOU MARIO FOR BEING THEGUY BEHIND THE XB8
IT NICE KNOWING THAT YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT ALL THE 100%