[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Spektrum Recievers/Transmitters. Anyone try these?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 14:24:15

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Spektrum Recievers/Transmitters. Anyone try these?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 08:46:49 

With all the interference Im getting with my current, synthesized radio/reciever... Im trying to consider other options.

Whats this Spektrum stuff all about? I mean, Ive read the ads... and some specs on it, seen it on some cars.. and I still dont know much about how good or bad they are.

I'd love some feedback about this if possible, if anyone has had experience with them.

I currently have an Airtronics MX-3S, and I like the options it has available as far as tuning and the size of the stick itself.

I was wondering if there is a Spektrum module kit, that fits a pistol grip radio like this... ive seen other ones, like the MS-8 and MS-11 that are REALLY big. and I just dont need THOSE many options. So if anyone has other brands in mind that would accomodate a module, but not be too big, advanced or complicated... I would love some feedback.

Thanks alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 13:00:38 

It runs in the 2.4ghz range, like wireless networks. Once you've used spektrum you wont go back to crystals. You just bind the reciever to the transmitter by holding a button on them as you turn them on. I got the spektrum module for my 3pk and ditched the HRS module coz i was sick of frequency problems. Spektrum is nearly as fast as HRS anyway. Spektrum Pro has just come out which is faster again apparently. With the module, it has its own small ariel, so it allows you to sack the big aeriel making it a heap lighter to hold. The Spektrum aeriel that comes out of the module on the transmitteyr is only like 3 inches long. The 3 channel recievers are small and light too. They reckon you can run about 70 - 80 spektrum users side by side and not worry bout interference, and about 3000ft range. You can buy an add on telemetry system for it to for timing laps, temp, speed/rpm, signal, reciever voltage which is pretty cool too. You can put a different reciever in as many cars as you want and bind them all to the one transmitter. I've got 5 cars all with spektrum recievers in them and never had a drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 14:58:41 

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to get a couple of the options on the DX2-3 as you have on your airtronics I do believe. The biggest of these is the exponential setting. It will still have dual rate, EPA, trim and subtrim, along with quick adjust button to make changes on the fly. If you dont use the Expo setting in the first place then these should work just fine for you. If you like this option or another one that is listed you have to go with one of the more expensive models like the M8, M11, or 3PK. I always thought the M8 was a big radio until I got one for myself and was really suprised that is was not really much bigger or heavier than the JR XS3 that I was using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 16:45:35 

Street price about $275. Shipped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 17:53:17 

I have now been using the Spektrum in my 1/8th scale for almost 2 years. Right when it first came out, I bought it. That means I have the first run of the first generation. This is the one with all the "problems". I have never had a single issue with it. I had the M8 and then I got an M11. I just drilled the two holes in the case of the module to accomadate the other two pins in the M11 and even with that I haven't had a single issue. I just got myself a JR Z-1. The same radio as the KO Propo EX-10 Helios. I will be getting the spektrum for that soon as well. I will run that on carpet in my TC and maybe some indoor carpet electric offroad. There are also some of the Hitec systems that are module based. One of the Hitec's is actually pretty inexpensive and will be all that you would ever need.

I have played around with the Nomadio system a bit and I wasn't to fond of it. I found the radio itself to be very uncomfortable for me. That's just a personal preference though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 18:01:41 

My last radio was a Z-1 with spektrum pro. I am very pleased with my Nomadio. Yes it does feel different, as would the Z-1 if I had added the offset wheel. I Will never use all of the features that it has built in. I like knowing my RX / TX Voltage at a glance. I do use the temp sensor and like not having to have to get off the stand or have my pit guy try to get a reading during pits or tuning sessions. Being able to assign functions to each and every buttons permits me to make adjustments on the fly. The Timer and Alarm / slash event features are very intuitive and have saved my butt numerous times. Its responce is very fast and I love how easy it is to clean its simple case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 20:10:30 

Awesome guys, thanks for the information.