[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - what's your take

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 06:32:12

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: what's your take
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 04:05:06 

Well RB says to never wash an airfilter, but to replace. I have in the past washed air filters with expired nitro fuel, and reoiled and reinstalled . What is right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 04:30:02 

either one is fine if you have the filters then by all means go right ahead and replace them but you can easily get away with just washing them. ofcourse they're going to tell you to replace the filter. more money for them. do they also mention how you should only use rb air filters?lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 05:57:45 

What I do is oil both inner and outer filter to begin with and then clean the outer filter with fuel and reoil if needed(fuel already has oil). But once dirt starts to show on inner filter I throw away and replace the whole thing. Dunno if this matters for you or not but I use RB filters as well. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 06:25:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 07:23:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 07:33:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 09:49:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 16:44:25 

i use the motocross oil called.............notoil (not sure about the spelling). this stuff is simply the best. for a kit, which is the oil and the cleaner, i paid $14 and this will last me quite sometime. the oil has somthing in it that makes it quite sticky. i was told that you have to use there cleaner to get everything out. put a little cleaner in a ziplock bag with water, squish it around, bingo you have a filter that looks like new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 23:44:27 

Fuel is bad for foam. it deteriorates it fast and makes it swell. I take 3 pre oiled filters with me to racing and change as needed. I just bring them home and wash in the sink with dishwashing liquid. my hands also get a good cleaning doing 3 filters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 00:00:06 

The swelling goes down once it dries (5 minutes in the sun) and for as many times as you will even be able to do that you should have no problem with the foam breaking down, at least I have never had one break down. I have seen to many people use the "dishwash soap" and come up with dirt in thier engine. Just my 2 cents. Everyone is gonna have a different way of doing it and each way is gonna work for them so just try and do which one fits you the best :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 00:29:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 02:33:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 05:17:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 05:50:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 06:20:21 

RC tech sell air filter cleaning solution (which smells and feels suspiciously like turps), which in my opinion is magic..

I've never seen anything pull so much fine crud out of a filter.. it even pulls the finest of dust out. The finest of the silt left in the bottom of the cleaning bucket, when dried out is as fine and smooth as graphite powder nearly.. It even collected fine crud out of a couple of filters that were as clean as soapy water would get them.

We apparently have some of the hardest dusts to filter coz they're so fine here in Australia, I'm told by an automotive engineer. Thats one of the reasons why we have to change things like air cleaners etc etc to get imported cars registered over here.

I'm not trying to sell this product, I just think it is magic stuff. Their filter oil is pretty good too. I was using K & N red filter oil, but it seems to clog the element, and the dirt doesnt stick to it as well as the RC Tech stuff I reckon. Since changing to RC Tech from K & N, my inner filter has not had any noticable dust reaching it, whereas it would most of the time with the K & N stuff.

I trust this stuff enough to not to buy new elements. I have a few genuine x-ray filter assy's which I just swap between races and clean when I get home (I'm not happy with using aftermarket filters on something like an X-ray.. its like putting aftermarket parts on a Rolls Royce - You'd be degrading the rest of the car by doing it!)

I've started using the RC Tech stuff on my Pod filter on my real car instead of the K & N stuff..

Oh yeah, its got a blue dye in it (I think turps has to be dyed blue here in Australia nowadays coz there are too many dickheads in certain areas of Australia out there that drink it!?!) so it dyes your white elements blue :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 07:52:09 

I run the RB white filters with the Xray filter cage and Xray filter elbow. I found that to be the best setup for me. The Xray cage is a bit shorter than the RB cage and allows for the filter assembly to fit nice inside the body with very little rub. Using the new RB orange oil for the filters.

Excellent dirt capture with the RB whites and makes it very easy to see the dirt penetration when it starts to happen.

LOL!,,just spotted the blue turps Grog comment,,too funny :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 16:17:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 00:52:26 

Looks good. I might try it too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 22:47:28