[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What diff oil to run...

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:25:39

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 01:29:03 

going to try the 3-3-5 for next weekend and will post how it felt to me as i am more of a novice driver. i appreciate the info and hopefully it will work it a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 02:19:54 

I was trying to research the dif oils. I found that Mugen, Kyosho and GS oils are pretty much the same, but never saw anything about Ofna?

and when I see a 3,3,5 setup with Xray oils, would that counter to say 5,5,7 in a cps oil like my GS oils? I have tons of oils and don't wnt to turf them out.

I tried 5,7,3 and am just changing the stock setup now and was kind of curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 04:58:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 23:53:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 00:16:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 14:42:18 

Where we run the track is very dry and dusty with lots of bumps and jumps and the set up we've been running is heavy in front, light in middle and rear. I run 533 (mugen oil), and another guy at the track runs 524 (mugen). I like roll into the corners and gas out of them. My set up allows me to have the front end pull me out. The car is very stable every where. Your diff fluid set up totally depends on your driving style. My suggestion is not to listen to everyone here and go experiment with your diffs. Ask some people at your local track to drive their cars and see how they feel, then adjust your car accordingly. I've tried to listen to people here and use their set ups and it messed my driving up big time. Don't be afraid to experiment with our own set up no matter how weird it may seem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 15:48:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 20:54:28 

My setup is on the site. I compared a few of Wayne Mah's setups, as I have driven a few of the same tracks with other rc's. Then I went with the 3,3,5 dif setup. Now I can say I love the buggy. I was leary about trying such a backwards dif setup until I drove it.

The 335 setup makes the buggy's rear end follow through corners. I found I could go really hard into corners and as soon as I had the angle of attack, just let the wheel go straight and give it throttle and no sway, it just went that way. Unreal control. The track was unwatered and dusty and still I had trouble losing it, and I was trying to push really hard.

I handed the controller to my bud that has an XB8 as well, and told him to drive my buggy for a few laps. He's going to now do the same setup.

well we'll see now how I do at the CORCS race there at Kamikaze Raceway. I was there to run a couple laps, then work a goon spoon for a few hours to change some jumps with the track director. Less than 2 weeks to go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 09:11:11 

Post subject: 335
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 23:01:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 08:06:47 

Post subject: Re: 335
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 17:39:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 17:53:13 

Post subject: grass track
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 22:22:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 17:27:10 

Iron man, take a look at Yannick's setup sheets as well as Jon Hazelwoods (sp?). They are both Team drivers from across the big blue ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 18:20:35 

Last weekend I was runing 335, the car feels much bether, today I will make chanches in the rear, 33(3) or 33(2) . somebody was doing..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 18:47:54 

If Mugen oils are directly off a cps scale, where exactly do OFNA, and XRay oils rate in viscosity as compared to the cps scale?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 21:11:12 

I've been running 3500, 3500, 4500 (3k & 4k cps mixed 50/50 for 3500, 4k & 5k cps mixed 50/50 for 4500) and the car feels great. Just something else to try. Little more longevity out of the oil but still a good idea to rebuild as often as you're comfortable with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 06:52:58 

I am racing the corcs race this weekend. today was qualifying. I tried the 3,3,3 setup first qualifier and due to it being a rough track, the buggy was unpredictable for me. I actually spun out 3 times first qualifier going around a sweep. I was fighitng it big. I went back to 5k in back and I love it again. I am just playing with the back shock oil

4 Xrays in the top 10 here, I am sitting 5th overall. I am almost back to my original setup and just a 1mm shim difference in the front upper arm to move forward. that helped the steering.

I find I like more rear brake bias and use that to get around the tight corners, just kick the back around. The buggy must be doing something right as I had people saying I looked good out there, and I *** :-) *** LOL. The buggy makes me look good ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 22:45:58 

I'm finding this thread incredibly confusing, the standard setups here in Australia tend to have the lighter oil in the rear..... so are the tracks here so much different that it needs a complete turn around in thinking??? I'm currently usiing 551 and I'm experiencing oversteer on power exiting corners on a med traction / smooth track. I'm being told by other xray drivers here that I need lock up the centre more!!! getting really confused.

Any help appreciated...