[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T2

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sat Jul 27, 2024 18:08:58

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 76  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 04:11:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 03:55:37 

I am having a little trouble with driveshaft blade wear on the REAR diff outdrives. Wear is on the inner edge of the blade, just at the ball of the drivehaft. Wearing down to the pin and damaging the outdrive. Its happening on both sides, but only on one half of the blade. I tried the tip from NEXUS on RCTech.net, it helped on the front. I didn't have to replace a blade all day long(spool),(modified), and (7 packs). The rear had the wear to the pin. None of the blades expanded away from the driveshaft though.

Any ideas? I am gonna run the other diff that came with the car and keep a closer eye on the blades. The current diff has a semi-bad wear pattern from the pin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 07:32:41 

I'm about to modify the rear right bulkhead to be able to fit in LiPo batteries
(something like this: ).
Do you guys think that this mod would affect handling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 20:16:05 
team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 22:07:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 19:27:41 

Learned today the HARD way that Multiflex really works in extreme conditions.
I used in (for Holland) very hot conditions.
I had a very stable car and had good Qualifyers. Second Finale I thought to create a little more steering respons by taking away flex at the back by putting the 4 rear bulkhead screws back in.
And that was a mistake. My car went form stable reasonable steering to extreme steering and NO stable rear.
Lesson 1: Flex works
Lesson 2: Work on the front if you want an effect there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 20:02:03 

Lesson number 3 :D use the right tyres 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 20:10:05 

I had the right tires :) u2 :wink:
And Patrick you're setup with the changed RC in front was good though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 20:11:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 20:13:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 20:57:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 23:00:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 00:58:00 

Have you guys seen the picture of Paul's car from the worlds . It looks like he used a two piece bulkhead. He posted his setup and I'm wondering if that setup is still any good for the original car...

I'm also wondering if all the other team drivers used the new parts (split bulkhead, new CVD, countersunk topdeck, new rear upperdeck...).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 04:55:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:39:17 

Post subject: FK05 & T2: which is better for asphalt?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 17:02:00 

To all experienced Xray FK05 and T2 drivers: I have had several conversations with T2 owners and FK05 owners, who run on hot south florida asphalt, with rubber or foam tires, low-mid traction, NOvak brushless 4.5R systems or mod, and they all seem to think that the FK05 is a better car on asphalt for some reason. They keep pointing out that in Reedy Race 2006, and ROAR electric on-road, and WOrlds 2006, the T2 did perform close to the dominant level they seem to perform at on carpet, like the NOvak and Winter Nats races. Why? Can this be true? Any insight and explanation as to why the T2 hasn't really been dominating big events on asphalt? Which is supposed to be a better car for asphalt? Can anyone confirm if in fact the FK05 is a better can for asphalt than the t2 and why? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 17:09:37 

Having run both cars, only asphalt, though I must say that T2 is much better car. It needs to get "use" to it though which means you might find it more difficult to setup it. But once you found it, you will rock :)

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 00:07:22 

I'am in with Nnick on this one: Right out of the box my T2 performed well on carpet but on asphalt It needed some more tuning for my driving. Now I like it much more compared to the Fk05.

I improved my fastest time on my home track with the T2 with my motors and batteries from last year just because the car was so much better.

It takes time, but it's worth to invest some training and set-up hours in tuning and prepairing your car.
With the rear bulkheads in 2 pieces it seems there's a little more rear grip.

I made those 2 piece bulkheads myself just by cutting the original ones.
The countersunk topdecks are 1.6 mm instead off 2 mm.

Those ( 1.6) and a 2 mm chassis were made for the worlds were grip was not so high.

On normal medium grip asphalt and the usual rubber tyres like Sorex or CS a 2.5 mm (std) chassis and stock top-deck will do.

What I found a very well worth investment was the stabi set. Since I started using it the 1.4 in front and the 1.2 in the rear I never drove without them !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 01:06:18 

With the First big carpet race up in 1.5 months, I was wondering if any hop ups for carpet had been released? Like thicker chassis or top decks from Xray.

I have 3rd parties but they never work as good as Xray’s own stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 09:07:05 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 76  Next