[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB8TQ build up.

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Jul 28, 2024 00:39:30

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XB8TQ build up.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 03:17:43 

Well I am geeting started on the build of my TQ. I am sure I will have a few questions as I work through this the next couple of nights.

My Pile o' Parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 03:44:08 

Looks like somebody dropped some heavy cash!! :shock: 8) :shock: But I don't see any RB Products :( . At any rate looks like you will not be disappointed in your purchase of the TQ, excellent car to drive and build! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 03:56:13 

Looks like X-Mas came early!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 04:06:07 

Thanks guys front and rear diffs are done. I am missing, can't find, one of the o-rings for the center diff. Will have to get back to the center when I get to it. Off to source part #971060......I'll be back. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 04:17:53 

hey chris check the bags as some of my parts were kinda jumbled... so dont panick as it is a great kit and you will need to pay attention to the supplement for the TQ ... kinda hard at first you will get the hang of it ...
There is also a spares bag you will see so if you have any bad screws or parts hopefully it is in there
let me know if you need a hand i will be glad to help ..!
bryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 04:25:05 

did you find my setup in the sectionn ... i unlocked it for you ...
bryan

Post subject: Buy it locally?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 04:34:18 

PAPA,

Did you buy this locally? I have one on order at Strongsville Hobby. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 04:41:07 

Ahhh... the Cleveland contingency.... JR Told me had another one coming for someone. I guess that would be you. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 04:48:29 

Yep, that would be me. I selected the Picco P7R-EVO. What tires / air filter did you pick? Just trying to make up my mental shopping li$t...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 04:57:42 

RMV turbo filter housing and power-save-racing foams, tires= panther switch c compound, panther K-2 M, and proline crimefighter M2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 05:11:53 

I just picked up me a Nomadio Sensor myself. You're gonna love that radio! What servos did you choose? I'm running the Hitecs too. 5925 on steering and titanium 5996 on throttle. I'm switching to titanium 5955 on steering pretty soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 05:17:13 

I am already loving the sensor. I ran it this past weekend with my CRT. Had Z1 with spektrum pro its gone now thanks to Brian. :lol: For servo's I went with 5997tg on both throttle and steering. I have the 5955 on steering duty in the CRT. It is a monster of a servo. 8)

Post subject: hey hey cleveland??
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:29:53 

hey papa where do you guys race in cleveland i only live a couple hours away..might as well say detroit...i check the forum quite often...post it up here id like to come run with ya when you get it all done...also we are having a big event end of the month at www.actionhobbieskingsville.com check it out..we should have over 100 8th scales alone this year! should be a blast you can take the ferry from sandusky over :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 13:31:03 

Sandusky is about an hour from the track. We race at Reagan RC raceway in Medina. We usually get about 70 racers on a typical club race. 1/8 scale buggy is the big class with 2-3 heats each weekend. We race on Saturdays sign ups start at 3:00 Quals at 4:00 and mains go off around 8:00 under the lights. Come on down.

Post subject: nice buy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 14:47:54 

You're gonna love what you just bought. I just bought everything(except the pipe, I got a jp-2) you have in the kit about a month and a half ago. the nomadio is awesome. It is light weight, which is nice after 20 and 30 minute mains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 19:22:44 

PAPA - If you can't find that O-ring for the center diff, shoot me a Private Message with your address and I'll get one to you :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 21:33:06 

Thanks Adam. YGPM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 22:17:38 

PAPA - It'll be in the mail tomorrow, keep an eye out ;).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 23:22:45 

On the aluminum rear hub carrier, Are the two threaded holes under the L/R for set screws ...to capture or secure the bearings / bushings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 23:47:46 

Excellent purchase of the options. Can't go wrong with the P5X either . . hope that's the 086 pipe :D