[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Futaba 3PKS Channel 2 Glitches on X2 radios? Anyone else?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 20:18:04

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 17:31:00 

yea mine was purchased at the end of april early may then a week a piece for the other two. i am running JR 9000T and 9000S digital servos which are not cheap servos. i tried top-of-the-line futaba servos my hobby shop had in stock and got the same results. i talked to GP and futaba reps they both stated they never heard of this problem after i had already received 2 defective radios. and btw GP didn't get squat as i purchased my M11 used. had to have something to tide me over util this crap is fixed :)

kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 17:58:52 

Kyle, you should try out the JR Z-1. Alot of people using the 3PK systems have been switching over to it. I have no complaints about it and I feel like the weight is balanced perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 22:46:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 17:52:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 02:07:28 

Two more weeks past and FUTABA Engineers have still not solved this defective model.

Last edited by Grayalf on Fri Jul 21, 2006 13:33:40, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Finally Futaba fixed the problem! What about your 3PKS?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 13:29:43 

Hobico finally shipped one unit to Japan, who installed a new potentiometer and throttle spring. This will apparently fix the glitching that has been reported on channel 2 of the NEW 3PK Super transmitter. The modified Tx is inside a FUTK2055 kit, on its way now from Great Planes in the US to my local hobby shop... stay tuned for the final review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 20:10:57 

i am very interrested in what you find out. please if you would personally email me your finding kyle@slscz.com i would appreciate it. i would love to have my 3PK-S back.

kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 01:28:12 

Post subject: Futaba's modified 3PK Super Glitches even more!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 13:29:20 

Futaba sent a fourth 3PK Super to Japan to be modified. This "modified" radio arrived at my LHS Thursday afternoon, and I tested it immediately with a brand new Futaba S9351 digital servo. Now channel two glitches in phases, greater in frequency and then it reduces again - like cycling.

Sent it back right away to Great Planes dismay. They still insist the modifications worked in their shop, and they have plans to install this mod in all their glitching 3PK Super radio transmitters. What a waist of time.

Good luck to all who venture down this threads path... Bye FUTABA!

Last edited by Grayalf on Sat Aug 12, 2006 22:07:06, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 18:11:03 

This a pure shot in the dark, but is the ABS feature turned on, on the repaired radio.

Interesting nonetheless. So far so good with mine, no glitching.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 23:34:04 

What servo are you using on the Throttle position (channel 2). And NO, the issue is not the ABS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 23:51:48 

Like I said before . . try the JR Z-1 or the KO Propo Helios and you'll forget this ever happened. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:01:53 

FINALLY!!! I have spent days on another fourm and nobody know what I was talking about!

I live in Sydney and just got the new 3PKS from Hong Kong and its doing EXACTLY what everyone is saying.

I have the R303 HRS receiver with S9451 Digital servos, both servos are doing the same thing in the 2nd channel. I cannot see the servo/horns move but you can hear the insides/gears moving back and forth quickly. Both servo's are OK in the 1st channel.

On the controller, both channels i.e. steering and throttle, are set to zero so both of them are centered. If I change the 2nd channel to + or - from zero the twitching is still there.

The thing is, I have remoted the servo's from the car and the casing as I thought maybe the carbon fibre upper plate was causing interference but even with the servo's off the car its still making the sound. I have also removed the horns from the servo itself.

The controller has been set to HRS. I put in my old Futaba analog servo's and set the controller to PPM and the buzzing wasnt there!! Seems like the issue is with HRS and ch2.

You can feel the insides working but the actaul servo isnt moving. I have removed the servo from the horn, it aint pushing on anything. As soon as I apply a small amount of throttle and hold it the sound goes away.

I did try to adjust the trims (DT1 and DT2 buttons) but still the buzzing was there. I tried looking at the Adjuster ADJST settings for throttle and noticed the neutral was flashing from 17% to 18%, so when I pulled the trigger to neutral went to 0% and the noise stopped only becuase I had moved the trigger, once the trigger goes back to normal position the sound appears again.

The sound is the same sound when the actual servo is moving but at neutral the servo aint moving but still is making the same sound. The slightest touch of the throttle moves the servo and makes the noise but at neutral the noise is there so im thinking maybe the sensitivity of the throttle is to high?? Can this be changed??

The shop in Hong Kong said they can look at it but its going to cost me to get them to ship it back.

Any advise?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 22:04:58 

Buy a different radio! I have been on this with Futaba Corporate, Hobbico, and Great Planes for three months and they are unable to solve this problem. The only other option is to use a different brand servo on channel two. Like Hitec..... LOL FUTABA 3PK Super is garbage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 04:27:58 

The noise could just be digital servo noise.. they all do it coz they hold so much torque at idle. most of the time you cant get the horns lined up 100%, so thats why they make noise.. sometimes you can sub-trim it out. if it were a glitch, it would normally move the horn. My 3pk w/ spektrum module has never given me a drama. You get the digital servo noise, but thats normal. come to think of it, i dont think i have ever seen a digital servo that doesnt make noise, no matter what brand or what radio/reciever combo in whatever car. I must admit, I have never tried it with the HRS module, because i got sick of having frequency problems EVERY time i went to the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 02:19:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 13:05:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:01:34 

I had the same problem when I first bought 3PKS in early July. Both 9451 is moving when set the Dual Rate to 100 %. The LHS replace the Transmitter Module with another unit and now I only hear sound during idle but the horn is not moving.

Thought it is normal for a Digital servo. Will this make my servo spoil faster?

Btw mine is 75Mhz 9 channel Synthesize model which is meant for Asia Region.

Post subject: Ask FUTABA Service Center!Quite the bunch of techs&engin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:34:46 

I think you should throw the 3PK Super in the garbage - or even better make FUTABA return all your money! They know these are garbage and continue selling them worldwide. Then the consumer has to spend a fortune returning to service for repairs they cant make. FUTABA has some real problems in their R/C division. Old men with no clue about R/C or customer satisfaction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 15:02:31 

A question for all the geniuses that think this is normal digital noise.

"WHY DOESN'T CHANNEL 1 SERVO ON THE 3PK SUPER TWITCH/GLITCH AS DESCRIBED PREVIOUSLY?"

"CHANNEL 2 IS DEFECTIVE ON THE FUTABA 3PK SUPER TRANSMITTERS."