[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Novarossi Plus 21-5?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Jul 28, 2024 00:33:57

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 21:46:42 

1 gallon break-in 8 idle tanks and 5 on track rich tanks.

engine ran great for half a gallon. completely lost its pinch after 1.5 gallons. i have two buddies that also are running them and have had issues with airleaks/idle. was properly broke in and not ran hot. dunno what happened to it. my jp modifed's i have nearly 7 gallons on.

kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 21:58:20 

Kyle that is the EXACT same thing that happened to the guys I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 22:12:33 

I had a litlle issue with the idle but that eventually got solved. The only problem I have is that one screw from the backplate actually broke off and now the rest of the screw is set flush in the crankcase. Talked to Dave @ Fusion and he said to just send it back to get it in another crankcase. So no Plus 21-5 for me for now :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 22:38:45 

I think the Plus 21-5 is designed like the VSPEC. Instead of mechanical "pinch" the VSPEC engines develop true compression through the fuel and oil surrounding the piston/sleeve.

Novarossi must be trying to design a true compression engine like O.S. has come up with. The result is much higher runtimes and RPMs. If so, don't worry about how easy it is to turn the engine over, that is the way it is designed and not a sign that the engine has lost its life or usefulness.

Now airleaks are an entirely different story. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 20:09:23 

nitro racer.....

i believe that when you are racing and your engine continues to die when it reaches 200 it has lost its pinch. the engine still has plenty of power the pinch holds the idle.

also the other 2 engines you can barely turn over they have so much compression.

kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 00:00:12 

What I mean is that there is a difference between pinch and compression. If it won't idle (and there aren't any air leaks or anything else wrong) the engine is probably worn out and has lost its compression. However, an engine should lose its pinch early on and that is a good thing. Losing compression is not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 13:31:38 

Post subject: 21 plus 5
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 20:30:57 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 18:31:00 

wrapped with foil and a sock the engine idles at 215 with rich rich needle settings. i dunno what happened to it really. i have had several nova's i usually get at least 6-7 gallons.

kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 18:55:17 

lol in that case my p5 just got broken in at 4 gallons... at 3.5 gal it would get stuck and would have to pry it with a screw driver...

we raced at our new track here, 220 foot straights. with a 13 tooth 1/4 way and you are topped out.

i have a 03-04 p5 with a jp2 and a 15 tooth bell
bud had a 21+5 14 tooth and a jp-1

we were dead even the whole way.
his engine was full song and mine wasnt... i didnt have a good 14 tooth to try, but 15 tooth made it top out 1/2 way instead of 1/4th,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 19:43:48 

Just cruzin' the Forum, Maybe starting from the begining would help!! I read, on another topic N18 & Nt18t forum, There is this guy geezatec, under two topics, Engine not working, NT18T Tuning. He makes sense on adjustment.
Only a opinion!! Later! Just cruzin the forum!!!

Post subject: Re: Novarossi Plus 21-5? - BIG PROBLEM !!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:38:20 

Hello,
I have a Novarossi Plus 21-5: good engine, but I didn't find the way to make it work properly.
This is my problem:
- to start I need to set up the mechanical minimum in mid-high position (if not, it puts out)
- after 5 minutes (temp 95° C) the minimum decrease (risk to put out on narrow curves or in case of car stop) and I need to increase it more. But this generates higher temp (up to 140°C!!) and risk for the cluch !

I use 25% fuel (Novarossi), 8mm insert in the carburator and 7C plug.
What m'I supposed to do ?
Plase, any help ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 18:10:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 18:47:06 

Post subject: Novarossi Plus 21
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 09:00:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:37:45 

more...

Last Sunday I made a race (Italy, near Milan):
cloudy day, but hot enough (25-30° C).

I prepared my Plus 21 and I started to make the qualifications (5 minutes each).
The first went good.
But the second was a disaster ! I didn't change anything on my engine (I though, "it's ok, don't touch anything"), but I wasn't able to start my engine. It's started for one or two seconds and then out. (I tried three different glow plugs, but nothing!).
Possible that from the first to the second qualifiyng session something has changed ?? ...but what ?
In the afternoon, during the semifinal race (20 minutes), my Plus 21 went off three times, compromising my race. :-( ....and it's third one !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 18:37:51 

I have to know what setup you have on the carb. First things first.

One, determine the compression. Does it take more than two fingers to turn over?

Two, Mechanical adjustment For idle speed(air gap) in millameters.

Three, How many turn your main screw to seat closed. Count how many so you can return to it.

I only can go by the temps you had given. Those didnt look good. That hi temp it wont take to long. Who knows maybe your glow plug driver wasn't hot enough!! Give me info we'll figure it out. Be patient, we're a world apart. And too the other people having the same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 21:15:03 
team driver

I race Novarossi engines and the 21-5 plus. I'm very satisfied with the performance and stability but I've also noticed that using two Xray fuel filters makes the engine go rich and very difficult to adjust.

Other than that I can not see any problems. The fuel is very important and so is the clutch, pipe/manifold, plug and adjustment.

I've raced 3 engines without any problems.

Regards
Peter Harder
Novarossi team driver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 01:27:34 

You may have an airleak. Check the carb boot, and the o-rings that seal the carb in the block. Put some sealent when you install the carb, check your tank for cracks, and put on some fresh fuel tubing and try again.

I would find the original settings for the carb and start fresh. I'm sure someone here can tell you that info.

All the tuning in the world won't fix a motor with an airleak.

Or maybe you have an engine bearing going?! That's been a problem with a batch of Nova motors.

Good Luck!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 19:42:09