[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Chassis Brace question??

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Jul 28, 2024 00:30:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 00:52:19 

I will have to second the affect on the car that cutting the rear brace down to two holes has.

When we were all at the Kyosho race last year, (the one where Richard Saxton said it was the bumpiest he's ever seen a track get) we cut our rear braces and it was almost a night and day difference in traction and stability it made in my car, and I had been running the composite rear brace. It just made it that much easier to drive, but as adam said, make sure you have the stiff motor mount.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 01:18:28 

So you were running a composite rear brace and then you changed to a cut aluminum rear brace and it worked that much better than the full composite rear brace?

Or did you mean that you cut the composite brace at the Kyosho race?

You guys got any pics of a cut brace and could you tell me what disc I need to put on my Dremel to make the cut?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:47:45 

Here you go nitro:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:55:26 

Thanks Adam. Nice cut. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 02:57:43 

aHh nice pic man
btw adam, is there any instances where you go back to a full, noncut brace?
and +1 to nitroracer's question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 03:23:22 

I'd go back to the 3-hole if the track had really big jumps, just for the added stiffness :).

-Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:39:49 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 17:38:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 17:59:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 18:23:09 

Thanks Adam, make sence about stressing the other screws. I guess i'll just cut it up, and order another brace as a spare!!

Chassis mod - I asked basically the same question on the grid. I already get full droop here as well. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 18:36:22 

You ought to check around on ebay and what not; lots of people parting out the buggies now it seems :). I have my 3-hole still but have yet been to a track where I'd need it again.

-Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 00:30:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 00:43:26 

The droop mod is to do with the new thicker TQ arms. When the arms are set forward with some of the kick up settings they hit the chassis and dont allow full droop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 13:00:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 23:29:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 23:40:01 

u cut that? how does it affect the car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 09:30:03 

I didn't had the chance yet to try it..
but I think it will be great

best of both worlds if you don't want to drive without the brace
shortening the brace will make it also a bit more consistent

I cut the part first with a saw
an finished off with a scissors sharping tool
the ones with 2 turning sanding stones, works great

Last edited by guy02 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 15:20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 13:17:05 

sounds good bro. give me a heads up how that goes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 20:19:33 

I have tried the cut composite brace and it worked well, different to the other options available with these braces
As far as it affected my car the mods seem to run in a logical order ..........

stiffest chassis -
full alloy brace
cut alloy brace
full composite brace
cut composite brace
most chassis flex

These are all tunning options but obviously the best will depend on many other factors EG. on the same track i run my TQ with a cut alloy brace but on my stock XB8 i ran without a brace fitted. The TQ does not work without the brace and the XB8 dont work with one !
The set ups between my TQ and stock XB8 are totally different but they handle the bumps the same !.........same final destination just took a different route to get there :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 23:19:40