[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Chassis Brace question??

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Jul 28, 2024 00:28:11

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Chassis Brace question??
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:35:26 

I am still waiting for the front aluminum chassis brace to come in stock so untill then I was wondering which other brace would be the closest to the aluminum one? I have both composite and torque braces for the front. I am also using the one-piece engine mount as well if that makes a difference. Thanks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:50:02 

i used the aloy brace on my last XB8 & i think i lost some steering because of it, this years car has the ball ended front brace & i've just fitted the flexy plastic rear brace to give the chassis a bit more compliance :wink:
it should generate a bit more grip like this ( so i've been told)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 06:06:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 06:51:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 08:22:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 21:02:49 

The track I race at has one set of triples, big ones!! other than that not really any other big jumps. here is a link to what it looks like :http://treycook.net/media/2006/mts/ratLayout.jpg
I will try the composite and see how that works, thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 21:48:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 07:22:22 

They just redid the track this year and I am definately looking forward to racing this year. It was actually a design that was voted on and drawn up by all of our racers. They had everybody submit a design and then we all voted. First day is this saturday :D 8) :D 8) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 21:12:50 

I ran nrearly all of last season with no rear brace fitted on our bumpy grass track and it improved the car no end. More planted on the corners and settled over the bumps. As long as i ran the one piece engine mount i had no problems with the spur gear at all. I am now running the TQ without the rear brace after testing with the composite, and alloy ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 21:28:24 

I was wondering if the rear brace was necessary.

So what difference did you experience between the composite and the aluminum rear brace on the TQ while using the one piece engine mount?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:31:05 

I found the difference between the alloy and composite brace was only a small one and only really notacable on a few high frequency bumps, but removing the brace totally made a big differance. Take it of and give it a shot for a heat you may be suprised at the result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:43:56 

i noticed that joor ran this too at SR.
just lookup his setups for the club worlds i think thats what its called

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 05:38:31 

I talked to David about that (no rear brace at SRH). He said he wouldn't advise it if you weren't sponsored ;). Going to put a HURTING on the car. I run my rear brace cut down to 2 holes and it makes a noticeable difference.

-Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:56:09 

yannick Aigion introduced this because
the xb8 chassis is a bit to flexy and the brace is to stiff

with brace, chassisflex is concentrated between the last bracescrew
and the middle of the centermount..

without the alu brace, chassis can flex from last center mount to the rear diffmount, which made it less critical
without the 1piece motormount
for the protection of the main gear, and chassis folding in that place..

whatever the 1piece motormount protects your main gear now

but I wonder when you get a direct hit onto the wingmount,.. the rear shockholder couldn't fold easier.. no brace holding it back...

the composite brace is then the best solution it seems between all worlds

I will try the composite brace, but cut down, to the basic chassis part
with the 3 screws.....

Last edited by guy02 on Sun Apr 16, 2006 16:38:37, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 15:59:42 

Could you explain that a little better? That theory sounds interesting but I'm not quite getting what you are saying.

I have the XB8 TQ kit on the way and I ordered the optional 1 piece engine mount with it too. So if you have the optional mount is it better to go with the composite or aluminum rear brace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 16:29:23 

theory is
the chassis has no curling on the sides, so is flexible

without brace you get a bigger space on the chassis
from the middle to the rear, where flex can occur
and so affect roadhugging more or less...

if you have the motormount
you can choose whatever...

I would start with the alu brace
as specialy if you still have to learn driving the new buggy
and will make some mistakes

and afterwards try the composite or none brace
so that you can see the difference yourself
and can choose what you think is the best for you....

Last edited by guy02 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 09:24:19, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 19:26:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 21:05:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 02:09:32 

thanks for the tip adam, yet another option hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 03:32:06 

Any time :). Props go to Jason Branham for this mod though, as that was the first place I ever saw it.

-Adam