[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Which Battery Charger

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 04:26:44

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Which Battery Charger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 22:53:02 

Hi Guys,
I am thinking of getting a new battery charger, I've been using the pro-peak supernova but now want one with more features.
I am split between the following choices and would appreciate your inputs.

Team Orion Advantage
LRP Pulsar Competition
Pro-Trak Battery Management System (Off Ebay)
Competition Elcetronics Pit Bull X3

I race at club level but have seen a couple of the Pro-Trak's that people say are the best but it looks complicated to use?
Many Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 23:28:34 

you have to check out the much more cellmaster is a great charger.
and in the netherlands where i life E 139,00
www.much-more.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 23:49:09 

Nice looking charger, has similar functions to the Advantage. What chargers do the Team Xray drivers use? What do they find the most reliable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 00:35:15 

Chargers from many different makes are used as most of today's chargers are very good. For instance Jilles uses the Much More charger while I use the Robitronic Overloader. Team Orion and LRP chargers are also used by some as are a host of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 01:28:34 

I use a Duratrax Ice charger. Does a little more than the much more in my mind. And if you keep track of what your battery does you can use a graph and all the numbers that it gives. Comes in at about the same price as the Much More.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 07:23:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:38:15 

have any of you guys tried the new version APS... I find it to be quite well. Only one flaw in my book. NO DISCHARGE. But it makes up for it with a dyno :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:42:44 

I have the Duratrax ICE and it seems to do more than most. From Tower it's about $120 US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:39:30 

I just bought the Integy 16x8v6. It has 30 amp discharge, step charging, motor breakin, motor run and a built in dyno. Great unit. I paid 189US at tower hobbies. And you dont need a power supply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:40:20 

Personaly i use an duratrax ice as well and love it. also i own and use a turbo 35 BL stealth edition love that also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 13:43:38 

well iv got an eagle cdc version 6 and thats pretty good iv had an orion advantage and had to send it back as it wasnt peaking cells at all as all of my cells dumped within the first 3 laps after been charged on the advantage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 13:55:55 

Do people really use the discharge function on the chargers? I mean if you really want to look after your cells you should be using a discharge tray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 14:11:17 

it depends on what curent your discharger is mine is only 5amps so i use a integy 030 or a spintec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 15:11:39 

WOW :D :D :D
Thanks for all the reply's especially from the team member, that's what I love about these forums you can talk with team members and a huge jo public source of brain power.
Interesting ideas you guy's have, I think the much more is the same spec wise as the advantage and it includes the temp probe and it's British :D
But I have also found 1 hobby shop in the UK that sells the Duratrax that as far as I can see is exactly the same spec as the robitronic, probably made by the same people. Do you use the graphs much? Also does the ICE charger have a backlight at all which is essential to me as the racing is outside one evening a week.
Also why do you need to discharge at 20 or 30 amps rather then 10? Is it just so it's faster?
Also can any of these chargers be updated via firmware downloaded from the internet to add more features etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 15:35:22 

in a race your batteries are discharging with a current well above 30amps. if your discharger uses a low current , your packs will get used to this and loose their voltage(punch). most of the equalizing trays available are low current devices

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 15:51:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 21:12:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 22:22:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 23:27:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 04:02:48