[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T2

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Jul 28, 2024 04:31:59

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 76  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:14:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:17:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:17:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:22:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:28:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:30:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:33:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:37:45 

Hmmm....I think we need some clarification here. There really isn't toe-out, at least in static form, once the wheels have moved from neutral. Toe-Out while going through a corner would mean you were referencing a tangent line on the diameter of a circle you are driving around based on the centerline of the chassis (which is NOT what happens when you turn a car). I think it would be more beneficial to all to speak in terms of Ackerman, which is the difference in alignment of the front wheels from a common axis. Here's a simple picture:

The inner and outer front wheels have different angles in relation to the axis (point where lines converge on lower left). More Ackerman produces a greater difference in angles between the inner and outer wheels. Less Ackerman is the opposite. I tend to use less Ackerman in low traction conditions because I want the wheels to follow the most similar paths, keeping the Usable Traction for cornering speed. More Ackerman on high traction tracks to keep the car from pushing out under acceleration (also depends on diff vs. spool). Too much Ackerman will make the car twitchy on turn-in and straight line adjustments, though. Just my pennies worth...I'm sure you'll get different opinions! The changes to the Ackerman positions on the car will only effect maybe 50% of the steering throw. I mean, you may get more Ackerman on the first 50% and less on the second 50%, or whatever the numbers might be. TeamGP wrote some pretty good stuff on Ackerman in another thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:38:41 

I tried the stock foam setup and it worked pretty good. I used some one elses springs on the car (need to PM me for that info). I also added a little more rear toe. About 1/2 degree. I also made the rear arms level. The car was very easy to drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 00:40:12 

Sure we do. But given your statement I cannot believe that your intention is to give a very negative impression through your posts. So why do you do that? The funny thing in communication is that you may think you are saying one thing, but it is the recipient that decides what they think you actually said. And to me it looks negative rather than constructive.

As to helping someone out, allways a good thing. I suggest using PM if you want to suggest non-XRay parts. As long as you don't post it on the Team XRay forums I am sure Mario will have no problem with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 01:02:17 

wow, this forum has taken a bit of a negitave turn. i think that i speak for all the non xray staff and non team drivers when i say that we all love the car. if we didn't we would not have one.

as with all totaly new cars, there will be some bugs that need to be worked out, this goes back to the the begining of automotive history, and will continue long past the time that we are dust. it is true that most of us cannot drive on the level of the team drivers (or we would be one) and thus break a part now and then. i am the first to admit that i hit the walls way more often than i want.

the frustration comes when things beyond our control cause us to break parts (other drivers, radio glitches..etc.), and we are not able to get our new ride off the bench. we all know that parts take time to develop, make and ship. there is nothing we can do about that but wait.

as it turns out, my wife would rather drink sewer water than to have a conversation about the "problems" of my r/c hobby, so we, as a group turn to forums like these in order to let the words fall on understanding ears.

i feel that this forum is a great tool offered by x ray to talk about problems with assembly and set up, as the team drivers and mario himself are a great help, but agree that it is not the place for dialog with x ray about gripes with manufacturing.

personally, i would love to hear a "solution" to get my 2 t2's back on the track, even if it is with another company's part, but also agree that this is not the place for that.

let's face it, why would you go out and buy another company's parts to put on an xray. the answer is to keep the car on the track, not because that part is better. and on the track is where the car gets noticed, and that is what sells the cars in the long run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 01:25:56 

Very good point there Mario.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 01:33:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 01:40:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 02:38:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 03:03:23 

Post subject: First Impressions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 05:42:25 

Well, I made the trip with SuperXray this weekend to KC and Illinois. This was my first test of my T2. I am the one that was having problems with the inner CVD pin falling out. At first I just assumed that I didn't get it tight or didn't use the proper amount of thread lock, but the 2nd and 3rd time I know it was assembled properly. I'm still not sure what the problem is. Its only the right rear CVD, weird... Anyway, back to my impressions of the car is WOW. I have never driven an '05 but the T2 seems to be glued to the carpet. I love my '04 but the T2 was fast right out of the box. I ran the stock setups and the included springs at both tracks and the car was fast and will only get faster after some tuning. Can't wait for the next race...

Post subject: Re: First Impressions
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 05:49:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 06:07:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 06:32:48 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 76  Next