[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - T2 First Impressions - ALL DRIVERS

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 22:21:16

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: T2 First Impressions - ALL DRIVERS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 15:35:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 15:55:07 

Great write-up. Thanks!

All,

It would be nice if others could share their first impressions here in this thread and keep the other T2 thread for product/setup questions and concerns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 19:00:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 19:15:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 06:03:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 04:38:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:51:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 15:08:48 

This is my first Xray, and my immpressions of it were fabulous fromthe time i took the box out of its bubble rap. The quality of the box the kit comes in is fantastic. The fact that some of the kit was already built, and the quality of the entire kit was outstanding. During the build, there were a few things that took me a moment to figure out, but i feel this is simply from my lack of building european kits, and the sheer fact of the simplicity of the kit. I have always had american kits and for the most part they were all built basically the same. This kit was so simple it makes you wonder how you never thought of that before...

I have run my car once on a test day ( work hates me ) and the cars handling was obvious from the first couple of slow laps i took to shake the car down. The kit setup was a tad off for my track ( med/low grip ashpult track ) but it was definatlly drivable out of the box. I only got to run a few battery packs and have yet to dial the car in. I did not get any lap times on the car, but it definatly feels much faster then the car i had before ( a Losi ) which i struggled with for over a year. The car on the bench stand at full throttle has no vibrations what so ever, which is new to me. And the fact that 1 after market part ( for the cost of most other companies one ways ) you get a spool and a one-way ( 2 types actually ). During my test, the car responded VERY well to changes. A small change was a small change, and a big change was a big change, but not so much as to throw the car totally off. The changes i made did exactly what they were supposed to do with no other effects. I did notice, things that helped on power steering, but took away from off power steering, did so in a manner where the gain on power was greater than the loss off power. Which allows for the car to be perfectly balanced. The last car i owned took away exactly what it gained, so you faught to balance the car.

I did have one problem with the droop on the car. Not so much a problem with how it works, or a flaw of some sort, more so a confusion issue with how to exactly set it. The droop guages have a number on them, and the setup sheets use a different one, atleast i believe this to be the case. 2mm on the guage is roughly 3mm of droop at 5mm ride height. So on thesetup sheet 3mm would be in the box. I set the car up fom the kit setup for rubber tires, using the guage numbers ( what i was occustomed to doing ). So i had hardly any droop in the front or the rear, which caused a high speed off poer push into a sharp 180. It felt like too stiff a front spring, but that was from the lack of droop and no weight transfer.

Final thoughts, the car is fantastic and i would HIGHLY recommend one to anyone. Even the beginner can work on the car and adjust it. With the included setup book anyone can tune the car ( personally i would like it to be a tad more indepth in a few areas, for instance with the shock locations, moving the shock in on the arm has a different affect than moving it in on the tower, a little more indepth or more of an explanation on this would be nice, especially for beginners). All in all , im an exctremly loyal person, and for me to jump ship takes a huge impression. Xray is one of the few companies to actually have that effect for me.

Congratulations Xray, and keep up the excellent work.

Post subject: I broke mine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 00:49:07 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 18:45:08 

To give chance others to express their experience I will make this thread sticky for some short time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 23:55:10 

When I fitst heard that XRay were relasing a new car I was not real impressed, my FK05 has less then 2 hours run time on it :roll:

Anyway, once I got over that I ordered my T2 and it arrived in the first week of January... nice, just in time for the Holidays. :lol:

It's amazing that the car looks so similar, but when it's parked next to an '05 the differences are obvious.

The build went well with my only complaint being that the instructions referred to a build tip that I could not find at the time, I found it after I finished the car.

I used the base setup for foam but this did not suit my track and quickly started to make changes. Working on the car is a snap with everything thing being in the right place and accessable. The 2nd race for the Car was Summernats where the car still suffered from setup issues (and some driver issues :oops: ) but the T2 prooved to be reliable, responcive the setup changes and easy to work on.

I still have some work to do on the setup but I'm sure the results will come in time, hopfully this car will remain current a bit longer then the FK05.

Nice work guys, excellent car. 8) 8)

Now... where's that 1/10th EP Offroader :?: :idea: :?:

Post subject: Disapointed in only one thing...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 02:20:02 

Hey all, Just had my first race night with the T2...
Let me start at the beginning though...
Build was easy enough... Loved that the diffs came pre assembled and greased... Wish they mentioned that in the manual though... I pulled it apart to make sure it was greased...

I was a little disapointed to see that the upper desck wasn't counter sunk but I love the way the scocks are mounted. Very easy for quick changes on springs or holes... And you don't have to replace your A-arms from them striping out the holes. Love the setup book but a lot of the pictures are hard to see. All else went farily smooth.

After setup was complete I noticed that my Foam wheels rubbed the front springs. What was even worse was that the actually rubbed the hub where the steering link screws in. ??????? What?? I never had any of those problems on my older X-Ray's Even with 1* of Toe out. I am using The Jaco wheels supplied which happen to be what we usually run at the track. I had to shim out the front tires by 1.5 MM and even that wasn't enough to clear the spring. I finally moved the front lower shock mount to the inside and that helped but I still managed to crack a wheel from it catching on the spring in a hard turn.

Now on to the Good stuff. The car handles great! It's very smooth and very responsive. Coming from a T1R I picked up 2 laps and over a second off my lap times!!! :D

Now for the worst part... I clipped a corner after avoiding a slower car (unsucsessfully) and that was the end of my night!! One Qualifier and I'm done... Why? No parts for one thing and because not only did my Hub Carrier break but so did the screw hole on the Hub istelf. Just to give you an idea of how lightly I cliped it, there were no marks on the wheel except a tiny chunk of the foam missing. :( In the last 8 weeks I haven't broken a part on my T1R and then snap... What's with that???

All I'm asking for is some basic parts here. I'm out until then... I really don't want to have to convert all my packs back to fit the T1 and not to mention all the other stuff for one little piece...

Word of advise... If you are going to use the T2 bring a backup car! Or just wait until there are parts for it... :(

One last note... I absolutely HATE the nuts to hold the wheels on. I really Miss my screws and the 30 second tire change...

Looking forward to some parts!!! Please hurry!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 19:28:25 

i am very impressed with my T2 and the strength of it because whilst i was at a meeting all was going well i had just finished my warm up lap them SMASH!!!!! a car came down the straight flat out right into the rear right of my car and the only damage was a broken shock body and a thread in the wishbone had stripped which i thought was very little compared to the fk05 which hit me it had snapped the front shock tower cracked a wheel bent both dive shafts and virtually disintegrated the wishbone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 20:12:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 01:34:28 

Just got back from my first race with the T2 (replacing my T1R I've had since it came out). Put it down using the kit rubber settings, and it's totally awesome. Incredibly fast, and only the tiniest of set up tweaks should be needed to make it perfectly dialled to our track. (I'll post to the T2 thread)

A tremendous car - really enjoyed driving it this evening. Well done to all at Xray!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 16:07:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 15:24:48 

Post subject: first drive
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 17:55:04 

Post subject: T2
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 03:28:09 

Last edited by tomcat on Mon Feb 27, 2006 01:03:16, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 05:43:16 

I disagree. I think it was way worth the selling of my 05's for the T2. Car is worth it just in ease of changing things. Car is quite a bit faster for me on all the tracks I have run it on so far. Still just not happy with the rear toe issue. Overall a great car, thanks Xray.