[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 08:15:21

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:37:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 21:34:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 22:36:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 23:50:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 23:53:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 02:26:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 02:43:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 04:15:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 09:23:42 

[/quote]

All good advice. But why should we put so much effort ito not cracking our chassis when other people with other cars do not have to worry about it.. :wink:

[/quote]

People with other cars have to worry about breaking every other part though :D In 1 year of racing all I have broken is one drive shaft and I bent a alu c-hub .... but both because of not concentrating :!:

No-one has ever come up with a picture of there shattered chassis on any of the forums I have seen :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:03:08 

Wish I still had my cracked chassis to post a pic but I binned it when I got a new one and didn't think of taking a pic.

In this situation I personally don't think a pic is necessary, the crack/split is usually a clean break along the front bulkhead screws indicating that this was the weakest point of the chassis to 'give' when pressure was applied at the front-end of the car.

I don't have a problem with cracking a chassis once in a while, these things happen, especially if you have a major smash (your fault or not) and in all honesty I can say that Xray products are top quality, except their old soft spur gears which they fixed after much pressure.

I had a fellow driver who'd been running all other makes of cars but never Xray and once he pitted with me he was well impressed by the quality and tuneability of the car without much dismantling. I think I may have converted him. :D

So in conclusion perhaps Xray should look into this for their next model and make the chassis a tad robust but I'm happy as it is now. Just try stay off the walls. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:53:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 15:02:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 23:00:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 23:24:16 

can only say that is only due to one thing

too higher impact speed, not a design fault

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 23:44:16 

Did anybody realized that only guys from the US complain about breaking the chassis? I don't see anybody form Europe reporting a broken chassis.

It is almost allways foam tires on carpet. Foam also means much higher cornering speed and if your car is not dialed you will lose traction so sudden in a corner that you won't have time for correction.
I raced on both European and US carpet tracks and I can tell that the first time I saw a US track I was shocked how tight and small it was...
Since then I saw some good solutions to make those tight tracks more safe so there is solution out there learn from it.

A turn called "The chicane of death" gimme a break... Obviously your track owner wants to make money on spare parts or he don't know s..t about how to build a track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 00:14:41 

you are absolutely correct that most carpet tracks here are very very tight, and fast..... This master piece was from another car trying to turn around in a lane with out waiting...... accidents do happen!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 00:16:23 

I don't know about that Peter...we have a chicane of death on our track here..running carpet w/ foam...and it's called the chicane of death because it has a narrow lane through wehre you can straightline the shicane...if you are slightly off though then the barriers get you..

strangely enough there has been very little carnage in this area as most avoid trying to run the straight line (as straight lineing also messes up your entry for the next corner anyway)...

Looking at the chassis in the picture it almost appears that it was pulled forward and up?

what was the impact like that caused the damage? angle of contact, speeds, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 00:21:19 

Another question...when you prepped your chassis..did you roundoff the front of your chassis as well?

Personally, I left the front of my chassis unsanded, and merely applied a thin layer of CA, as the front is shielded by the lower bumper mount and I didn't want to remove material around those holes...

That being said.for future chassis updates, the holes can be moved fourther back I would think since there is no need to leave that area open and clear as the blade sway bar is incompatible with the short arms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 00:22:44 

i noticed that you are running a smaller counter sunk screw. That will make it more at risk to pulling screws through the chassis. It is better to run the stock black screws. Also. it is not nessecary to run all three screws in front. i only run the middle screw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 00:31:31 

the chassis rounded and preped sanded with 2000 grit in between each coat of thin ca. as were each counter sunk holes done..... as for the crash I hit another xary broad side in the stock a main of our track sending him flying :shock: :shock: no damage to the other car just mine.

the screws are the stock screws that come with the kit.... weather there smaller or larger i really dont know.