[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 08:25:38

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 06:46:15 

:evil: I have just split the nose on my 4th 3mm chassis. I am sooo pissed. This is ridiculus. Its not just me it is almost EVERYBODY at my track with an FK'05. At first I though it was my P-dub bumper being too hard. Then I put the stock bumper one back on with the impact absorbing front bumper and 2 weeks that chassis just split on me!!!! :evil: :twisted: The 3 screws in the front of the chassis pull right threw the chassis causing it to split.

I have tried everything. Sanded and ca'ed the chassis. Even ca'ed the countersunk holes.

Is there anybody out there in X-ray land with a solution?

Can I get some comments from some team drivers and or Mario.

This is a major issue!!!!! I already know of 4 guys at my track. Who already switched to Corally's and are having much luck with them... :wink:

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 07:08:59 

Hi,

I've done it once on my car to, to prevent it from happening put another bit of bumper behind the original one on the car, this stops the bumper from going up and back.

-Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:06:34 

your obviosly hitting things, stop doing that and it will be ok
nothing will survive a hard hit, many have never had any problems so its not the car! your only other option is to use alloy screws so when you do hit it breaks the screws not the chassis.

the only way those screws can pull through the chassis is in a hard front impact, which the car is not made to do, sorry its hard facts but true facts

which thickness chassis are you running?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 16:42:20 

X-Ray man. Can you put up a picture of that modification. I would really love to see it expecially if it will fix my problem.

Mark. OK I will stop hitting things. :roll:
What are you a expert driver that never hits anything. Gimme a break.

I race on carpet with foam tires on a technical layout. So sometimes I do hit stuff or I get hit by another driver causing me to hit a board. Believe it or not these things do happen. :roll:

And as far as you saying "nothing will survive a hard hit" I used to drive a tc3 and I could drive that thing full speed into the wall straight on and would not break anything. I drove that car for 3 years and NEVER broke a chassis!!!!

$400.00 for a rolling chassis for this to happen to me. Its Crazy...

I am just sick of people at my local track complaining about this problem and not doing anything about it. Something has to be done. X-Ray your customers are not happy. Well the people at my track are not happy also the other hundreds of people on RCTech's websight complaining about the same problem are not happy either!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 19:19:01 

I been running this car for a year on a technical track with hard wooden barriers and high kerbs that can really launch the car and I never had a problem with the chassis or any other part of the car. I feel X-ray done a top job here ..... ! When there is a super hard impact though something gotta give so the key is just to keep improving so that crashes happen less often ....!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 19:19:56 

one more thing. I was at a trophy race this weekend. I Qualified 4th in the A-Main and managed to take a 2nd place finish.

I also got to meet Mike Dumas for the second time I also met Mark Smyka. What a bunch of great guys. Very friendly and gave me alot of good advice. They raced in the Mod Class.

They held the trophy race at our local track and just to give you an idea on how technical some of the parts are. MIKE DUMAS broke his shock off pretty bad in the part of the track we call "The chicane of death" in his A-main and could not finish the race. And we are talking about a X-Ray sponsered driver and a national champion. Mark Smyka also has some blunders that caused his to lose to one our oul local drivers. So when you say stop hitting things. If National champions are breaking and bumping boards the average racer will break more and hit more things. Think About it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 22:06:58 

gee i think if xray were to open the books you will see a lot of chassis being sold!!!!!! I to have killed a few chassis. Would really love to see a mod that works :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 22:17:08 

dude if you need to crash make the track better, if nationals driver break thier car then just maybe the track is too unforgiving. you said it all in the name you have given your chicane :roll:

think its more driver/track than car or the "experts" would have broke one and not a shocker :lol:
there is another solution but you wont like it..............................slow down, u may loose a second a lap but you will finish and not break anything :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 22:35:33 

have you tried the carbon top bumper brace? and putting a body pin through the body mount like a serpent to stop it all moving upwards?
http://www.mytsn.com/products/glrimage. ... imid=32238

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 00:49:54 

hummm is it me or does that link not work........

it's deffinitely that up ward movement that totals the front of the chassis. Anyway to stop that movement would porobably work..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 01:24:46 

Yea that link does not work. Does anyone else have any other fixes for this problem.

I really would like to hear from Mario. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 01:54:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 03:02:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 03:04:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 03:11:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 05:47:29 

Post subject: