[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY XB8 TQ, EC, 808 ---Buggy General Forum---

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:25:23

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 43  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 00:19:26 

hope this works im terrible at posting images

we had a little jumping display at a show this was my xb8 in flight and landed on its wheels 65% of the time i have to say i was gettin the biggest air there ....:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 14:45:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 18:56:19 

after pounding it for an hour i took 2 teeth out of a spur gear ......i was very surprised myself at how it took the beating ..it wasnt set up for jumping it was spur of the moment stuff and the chassis was slapping hard every landing .. has to be a credit to xray for toughness :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 20:26:53 

Post subject: Clutchbell I.D
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:28:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 18:49:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 00:01:45 

I believe the answer is..NO and Maybe

i Do know you get teh lightened clutch shoes and newer shock pistons..not sure on what else but nothing you mentioned is in there, they are upgrade option parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 03:14:13 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 07:34:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 13:40:06 

[quote="aland"]

It´s like Kyosho would sell the SP2 without the new shocktowers? :shock:

quote]

But like you have already mentioned it's an "SP2" If Xray do the same thing then it needs to be sold under a new name/model number so that the end user knows what he/she is buying.

So you would have
XB8 - Standard first production kit
XB8 - V1 - some improved part included (for example - soft arms)
XB8 - V2 - Additional improved parts (for example - soft arms + Euros TQ suspension).

Also what about the people who have bought the first production kits and have bought the options at a later stage. I think there has to be some pricing structure if the new part are to be included in new kits or else original buyers of the first kits are going to feel like they are being well shafted. Not only buy not having the parts to start with, but by having to have bought the new parts at additional cost at a later stage?

In my oppinion the cars should remain as they are and improved parts should all be options as they are not necessary to be competitive. They are all tuning options if you feel a need for them?

This is just my oppinion!

If a part replaces a design fault then it should be included.

If a part is a redesign and tuning aid then it should be bought as an option part that's not included in the kit.

Option parts can be included in kits if kits are renamed and a pricing structure is arranged accordinly so that original buyers know they are not being done out of buying the original car.

I'd like to see Xray produce a bundle which inludes all options parts which can be bought as a complete set.

Cheers
Darren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 14:35:51 

So now when Xray is developing a good buggy to become better they should sell the "tuning" parts as option?!

I'm on the same track here according to some minor kit-names concerning the included parts. But to keep the XB8 as it was from the beginning is in my opinion a big mistake.

Why sell one of the best buggies as a kit which requires a lot of parts to become the ultimate one?

In my case this what happens:
I already own a XB8 with some minor upgrades, I was thinking of buying a XB8/XB8R as spares but now the money will go for optionparts like wheel-hubs, tq-suspension etc. The value of optionsparts will go up over 200euros limit.
To save some money I can only afford to buy the required spares and forget the whole kit-spare-idea. Which would have really saved money.
So Xray makes money (that's good I think) and I have soon paid over 900euros for my XB8 (not good).

Don't misunderstand me, I really enjoy that Xray is developing this car so quickly. But this is not a cheap car either, including hop-ups.

Finally, nice that the ballstuds with backstops are released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 15:18:23 

I wouldn`t be very suprised if a factory kit shows up during the winter:)

I certainly hope so, hopefully the price would not increase so much either... I`m soooo looking forward to next season to try out the TQ suspension kit. I think that one of the problems with the existing xb8 is that the car has a loose rear end coming out of corners, hopefully the TQ set makes this better. MY OPINION

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 21:05:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 21:38:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 22:06:43 

Just for everyones info the TQ set is defenitly not necessary, and will defeat its own purpose on certain tracks. It is just another tuning optoin, and I hope xray doens't include it in the kits, becuase I wouldn't want it on my car on every treack. Like I said, on certain tracks it is just too much. Look at it as a tuning optoin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 23:17:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 07:46:17 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 08:37:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 08:58:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 09:02:22 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 43  Next