[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Off power Steering

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 04:30:34

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Off power Steering
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 14:42:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 15:26:30 

you could try some drag throttle, so that even when the stick is in the neutral position, there is still a small amount of power going to the wheels, this has worked really well for me in the past when i have been having problems such as you described.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 21:41:39 

Thanks for your tip housey will give it a try....

Any other tips guys...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 00:02:11 

If you get a chance enter a setup sheet here and post the link to it. That should give us a better idea of your setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 01:55:40 

Here goes the setup sheet....

http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/xform/in ... tup=t1fk05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 03:58:07 

I would start by trying to close the front shocks by one hole. Also you can try standing the front shocks up some. Also the drag thottle would be another thing I would try if I had this problem. Not saying it's right but try them for yourself and see what you get. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 04:59:17 

Well, the drag break thing would slow your car down but really make your car swing around when off power which is what is already going on. I would try a few different things.
1. lower the rear ride height or raise front.
2. go back to standard drive axels in the rear.
3. Loosen the rear diff a little
4. raise the rear camber link to hole 2
5. close a few holes in your front shocks
6. stiffer front springs
7. stand the front shock up

Just stuff to try in no order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:37:24 

Hi Guys ...thanks for your tips will try them out tomorrow and let you know what happened.

Chris re the drive axels going back to the original wouldn't be shortening the track width thus decreasing grip... :?:

Bye for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 15:17:37 

I had this same problem, I put ended up with 20 lbs. front springs and put in 6 deg. caster blocks. I know everybody knows high caster increases steering, but I believe it reduces steering on entery and increases steering at mid and exit and it also makes the care easier to drive. Just something you may want to try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 16:19:06 

X,

All of the suggestions are good. I would try the following ones in this order:

1. With your transmitter throttle trigger at neutral, increase the throttle trim on the transmitter until the car starts to roll. Just remember to keep your finger on the brakes when turning your car on and placing it on the track. :wink:
1. Loosen the rear diff ( http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/viewtopi ... 3909#23909 )
2. Lower the rear ride height to 5.25mm and if needed then 5.0mm
3. Move your upper front shock mounts out to #3

Chris,

I believe housey and dmayhew were talking about increasing the throttle trim. "Drag throttle" is probably not a good set of words to use though since some like yourself may think of "Drag Brake" instead. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 18:35:40 

haha, i didnt know what else to call it, any suggestions??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 18:58:00 

Throttle push...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 21:13:32 

Hi Guys... back from practise. This is the setup I used. The car is on rails and I solved the off power over steer problem.

Thanks for all your help.

http://www.teamxray.com/xforum/xform/in ... tup=t1fk05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 22:00:41 

Looks like you lowered the rear ride height, lowered the front roll center, decreased all downstops, increased the rear toe, increased the wheelbase, increased front caster, took out the front stands and changed the bump steer shims. Thats a lot of changes! :D

Did you leave the shocks in their previous mounted positions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 04:04:22 

Hi Team GP...... well the change was very radical indeed. I spent 3hrs last night going through all the setups and reading through as many posts as possibile and also going through the Xray handbook a thousand times and came to the conclusion that my previous setup wasn't really the right one.

I had a wrong idea of how roll center changes affect the cars setup and it seems I have finally understood, I also had a wrong impression re shock postions, I left the rear shocks in the 4th hole as previously mounted however I placed the front shocks in the 2nd hole from the 3rd hole. The biggest change was changing to the 4.5 deg caster blocks which really helped in corner entry. Although it did tame the car down a bit too much I manged to get a good front end reaction by opening the front pistons completly and also taking off the front top plate posts. I also increased the steering atv by 2 notches.

Well thats all from side at the moment ... will keep you informed on any further improvements.

Bye !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 04:20:19 

Setup sheet updated.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 05:55:20 

Makes good sense. I did the same thing when I first started racing the FK04 and have adapted the "feel" that I came to like with it to each chassis upgrade this year (XRC and then FK05). I always look at the change in weight distribution for each chassis and then I come up with a baseline setup that encompasses all of the fundamental goals to achieve what I think will use the tires grip the most, carry a lot of corner speed, and be stable enough to use 60% brakes with a full one way. 8) From there, its on to the track for testing and tuning.

The less mechanical grip the better for me as it makes the car very reactive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 08:43:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:57:39