[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - tire discussion

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 07:25:53

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: tire discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 13:26:16 

what is your favorite tire?

what type of dirt do you use it on?

do you modify it at all?

I use proline 9011's at night on hard pack damp( hopefully)
and crimefighters during the day when there is a coating of dust on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 14:33:57 

i have run cf's and panther k2s back to back and for me, id take the panthers anyday. the cfs seemed floaty.... but thats MY experience for tracks here....
i just got a tire deal for advantage racing products, to run thier new line of ARP tires... has a new sidewall not used in rc before. instead of using stiff foam inserts so the tire wont roll in high grip tracks, the side walls do it and that allows you to use a softer foam and that increases forward traction.
im really excited to try them, our team got tires sent out this week so i havent tried them yet.... the really cool part is, they come WITH molded foams.

k2 in soft has been my favorite, med soft for when its still tacky. see if someone at your track has a set and run them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 15:26:01 

I agree k2 are the best ive ever run on anytrack exept blue grove then I run dirty harrys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 15:40:22 

iv used cf2 they are good but only last about 2 race meets,so i use vegas,they last forever :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 15:50:16 

Can you guys help me out. WHich one is the softer material on the crime figthers ? The M2 or the XTR ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 15:57:02 

the M2 is softer than XTR :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 15:57:32 

m2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 15:59:09 

jinx buy me a coke!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 16:17:08 

thanx guys !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 17:05:55 
Hello,

Does anybody ever tried GRP/Treadz tire? The most common one is "Jolly". I know that several U.S. Top Driver like Jared Tebo and Richard Saxton are using it.

My team are using GRP/Threadz "Jolly" tire but I always have slower lap times then when I'm using PL CF M2. Comparing those tire, I felt that Jolly have less overall grip while CF M2 have much better forward and side grip.

Does anyone feel the same?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 17:15:17 

there was a supply issue here a while back... coupla friends ran for TREADZ and even they COULDNT get tires....i really havent heard that much about them since... maybe they burnt a bridge. that and i dont know if i could run a tire named Jollys....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 18:46:14 

I picked up a set of soft Jollys about 2 months ago. I've yet to run them on a track that they work on. Much looser than CF's or Dragon 2's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 19:32:19 

wooooooohooooo just got the blockpass tires in!

these things are gonna rule!
www.advantageracingproducts.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 19:37:48 

Slim can you set me up with a set when you get some. What do you think, the soft compound or firm ? I'd like to try em out. Let me know when you get some, I'll buy some off yah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 20:49:28 

I was just reading about the blockpass. sounds interesting. firm side wall and soft molded foam.

I have a set of panther kmodo dragons I was going to try last night till it monsooned!

http://www.panthertire.com/imageslarge/komoto.htm

I found with the crimfighters the foams break down in no time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 21:25:21 

like i said k2 have been my fav for a while now... but the rounded carcus always made me feel that there could be more traction... these have a lug pattern similar to the k2 and are just as soft but a flatter, not flat tho, carcus AND, AND they come WITH molded foams for 22 on the advantage site...
the other cool thing is the compound stamped into the sidewall... no more guessing of your sharpie wears off :)

giorgi you got a pm in a sec...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 21:42:50 

PT-914
PT-915
PT-916
which compound is which? ( on the panther web site?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 21:52:35 

I drive already for 6 months the dld tires
blockpas and splinter+ zz
soft compounds is good for dusty bumpy tracks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 05:58:23 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 14:13:11