[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Nordic & European Warm up Touring Car Championship 2005

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 22:13:31

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 15:37:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 17:53:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:23:04 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 16:45:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 17:12:22 

Check

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 20:11:29 

sorry didn't see that, whell congrats with your final results!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 13:36:13 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:06:03 

Take it easy Nick

No one can predict the weather more than 1 week ahead.
Let's all cross our fingers and hope for the best weather.

Looking forward to the race :0)

Søren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:12:48 

No disrespect meant to Nordic country's far from it they are beautiful .... but why is it that when it comes to these kind of races Euros etc .... no Southern country is choosen where you will certainy have hot weather and no rain..... when was the last time we saw such races in Spain, Greece, Croatia,Sicily etc.... all these mentioned have brilliant facilities to host such an event. Apart from that you have the sea and one can also make a holiday out of it..... just a thought :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 15:08:04 

Hi X

First these countries have to apply for hosting the Euros....

Sincerely
Søren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 20:07:30 

Well,

Actually these countries DO apply for hosting the Euros but there is so much politics behind these events that chances are very low they will ever get the Euros.

Most of the Electric community / market is at the northern countries of Europe and thus these countries are always treated with favouritism when applying for similar events.

For example, Greece is hosting this weekend the 1/8th Onroad European Championships and the turn out is really low. What is the reason for that? Some claim it is transport cost, but I highly doubt it as transport cost is the same if not higher to get to other countries.

The truth is that Greece is a small market and the manufacturers simply don't care that much for an event taking place is countries with small markets.

So I bet that even if Greece or another Southern country ever was awarded with an event such a European Championship, most manufacturers would boycot the event just to prove to EFRA that they did wrong by organizing the event in a country with small market interest. This way they would make sure that similar "mistakes" will never happen again and all future Euros will be held in their "own" location which is the North of Europe.

So go on and enjoy another Wet Euros because if you just bothered to spend a few minutes and research the chances of rain in Denmanrk at this period of time you would find out that it is more than 80%!! Acutally this the "rainseason" in Denmark!!

Now let's hope I am complete wrong about all of the above for the sake of my good friends that are actually going to these Euros in Denmark.

Thank God that IFMAR is smarter and awarded the 2006 Worlds to Italy at a very nice facility...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 22:13:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 23:51:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 08:31:40 

>XRAYT1FTXRC

I'm happy to tell You that You are completely wrong here.
I'm not only a driver, but also vice chairman in the Danish Federation, and have been participating at the EFRA AGM for the last 4 years, so I know how things work out there. - I can only speak for the electric classes here, but things doesn't work like You told - And I'm glad!

Every Year different countries apply for events like euros. They bring material regarding track facilities, and explain to the other EFRA country representants why they should get this race. - Sometimes we have 2 countries applying, sometimes 3. After this round there is a voting to find the 2 best (in case of 3), and after that a new voting for the final decision.
I don't think that drivers or manufacturers ban an event, just to show that they don't agree about the place. - If the number of participants are low, it's normally because of distance, or other things that can make travelling more expencive, example could be if the race is held on an island, so You have to go by airplane.
Another thing could be if the facilities are "bad", or the club is known for making "bad" races - but this is not very often.

I hope this cleared out some things, for You and everyone else
;0)

Søren

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:08:39 

You're correct, the Euros will be in Germany, my mistake. I am however quite sure the vote is done fairly by the EFRA AGM. You may also want to note that the countries that have held electric Euros in recent years hadn't had one in a long time. If memory serves me well I believe the last time Sweden held it before last year was 1991... I do agree though that it would be good to visit the southern countries again and have some more sun during a Euros 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 23:54:08 

Well, Søren

If you say so I have no reason to challenge what you say.
Nevertheless this year I also wanted to attend the Euros but the weather was a very discouraging factor.
I easily took the decision to go to Florida for the World Championship this past November simply because the chance of rain was very small.

Anyway, I am sure that EFRA know very well what they are doing so lets just pray that it does not rain for everybody's sake!

Thanks for the "inside" info anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:32:12 

SBH is right about the voting for EC at EFRA AGM.

I have been to several EFRA AGM meetings and sometimes countries apply for a Euro and have no documentation or even a representative.
The voting for a EC is done by all members there and no manufacturer has a vote.

Also note that because of the summer holidays flights into the southern countries are more expensive as are hotels. Problem by going by airplane is also that you cannot bring all the equipment you need ( or think you might need ). So therefore a more "central" accomodation is not a to bad idea.

Maybe we have to organize a Euro's indoors in a big sportshal with airconditioning/heating. Then we would be sure of a dry track ;)

- We have had EC's in Spain and Portugal too !! Maybe Greece should apply for a Euro's.

@ TonyV: Sweden did organize a 12th scale euro's in Eskilstuna in 1997 :roll: as far as I can remember.

And according to the EFRA Handbook there will be NO EC in touringcar in 2006 because the Worlds are being organized in Europe ( Collegno Italie )

Frans Heinsbroek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 19:38:32 

2006 EC will be held in Germany

Taken from the 2004 AGM Minutes

Candidates

WC 1/10&12 EL T Italy Collegno
2006 WC 1/10&12 EL T Switzerland Lostallo
2006 EC 1/10 EL T Spain Telde (Canary Islands)
2006 EC 1/10 EL T Spain Vila real (Castellón)
2006 EC 1/10 EL T Germany Ingolstadt - Tuerkheim
2006 EC 1/10 EL T France Montbrison

A vote was taken and Italy received 9 votes and Switzerland 3 votes with 1 abstention. So Italy is
awarded the 2006 World Championships.
A vote was taken on 2006 EC and Germany received the most votes (31) and will host the 2005
EC. Spain received 25 votes and France 22.
France would like to be considered for 2007 EC

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 19:39:18 

Weather update

http://www.worldexecutive.com/cityguide ... ther.shtml

Keep on praying guys!!! :)

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 08:45:37 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next