[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Thread to report any problems

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Sun Jul 28, 2024 14:26:10

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 17:38:46 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 17:46:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 17:49:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 18:09:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 04:24:08 

I just came back from running 3 tanks on a new super fast track. so fast I may need a 14 tooth clutch bell,.
I rubbed the pipe at least 3 or 4 times( no crashing just rubbibg) and my insert hasn't mooved at all yet with soft arms.
I put in a set screw to lock it in place and so far so good.

update ran the whole day today and no problems.the set screw is doing the job:-)

Post subject: Problems with new shock parts
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 22:29:55 

I was sure where to post this, so I posted it here and in the general formum.

I purchased the new spacers for the shocks, and I have a problem. When I put them in, o-ring, thin spacer, o-ring, thick spacer, - the shock shaft has a difficult time going thru the shock body. I had a hard time putting the shock shaft thru the shock body. Had to FORCE it in there. I think the thick spacer is compressing the o-rings to much causing it to bind. Does anyone else have this problem?

Are there supposed to be new o-rings as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 00:21:17 

rcracerx - First thing I would take a look at is make sure there is no flashing left where you took the washer off the mold. Any little bit right there will cause a bind, you don't have to have a perfectly round washer either so don't be afraid to cut into it a bit to make sure it sits flush in the body. Let us know if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 00:58:06 

Here is what I documented on the bushings, I just linked them because the pics are fairly large. I know it is self explanatory on adding a set screw to the arm but I also know it always helps to see a picture.

http://www.teamxray.net/images/bushing/afterKyosho.jpg
http://www.teamxray.net/images/bushing/bushing1.jpg
http://www.teamxray.net/images/bushing/bushing2.jpg
http://www.teamxray.net/images/bushing/bushing3.jpg
http://www.teamxray.net/images/bushing/bushing4.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 01:25:21 

nice J00r!

what if, you left the "mark" from the bit, and let the set screw protrude into the divit... most of the grub screws are kinda tapered, it might be enuf to "lock it" in place.....

good thinking david, and thanks for the mention.

also while your at it do both sides (if you already didnt mention that) in case you want to goto 17*.

ps that last pic doesnt show david...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 02:18:39 

Yea, no last pic for me either. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 03:13:12 

Nothing special on the last pic but I got it up. I thought about the set screw end getting into that hole but it got harder and harder to even mark it with my bit. It very well could work though, I just couldn't get it deep enough. Good call on the 17 if you ever have a need for that, just be careful to not go so deep that you cut into the hole. You would probably be better off doing a hole up top on the arm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 06:15:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 06:40:57 

I only suggested the hole the on the top if you were to run the 2 dot eccentric bushing facing down. I have never run this position and probably never will but we don't all run on the same style tracks or have the same preferences. The pictures should explain what I did. I would love to be able to drill into the eccentric bushing and tap that for the setscrew but hudy spring steel is a bit killer!

REMEMBER: this is not a proven way to prevent a possible rotation, it is just an attempt, I haven't even run it yet!!! But several others have stated in their testings this weekend that it seemed to work fairly well so far. This is at your own risk and not endorsed by Xray :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 06:52:21 

No prob, bro !! :) Its all good. I'm not gonna come lookin for yah if it doesn't work (or may I :twisted: ) J/K. I'll take any advice at this point as I'm tired of replacing front arms. Thanks Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 06:54:13 

and to people looking at this that may be thinking of getting a xb8, this isnt somthing that is a bad thing, its more of a preventitive maintinence thing...

we all do it to various parts of the car. weather its teh electronics, motor and or chassis...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 06:56:55 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 17:20:51 

Post subject: Problems with new shock parts
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 18:28:50 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 18:32:19 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 00:23:48 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next