[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - FEMCA 2005 - Indonesia

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 07:24:44

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 21:26:33 

Now THAT's the way a Drivers Stand SHOULD look. You don't see many like that iun the U.S. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 01:46:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 03:25:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 03:32:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 04:18:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 05:28:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 08:34:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 04:45:39 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 13:54:03 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:13:34 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 18:18:47 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 18:52:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 15:37:37 

I never tought you would ever said that, especially you are one of the moderator. If you too afraid to compete, just lay low on you nest! What makes you even think the USA team is capable to compete at the worlds? The more I think about it, the nearer I believe you guys are full of sh%t, do you sell that '101 excuses diary'? Seems that you people have tons of them and I'm dying to learn some.

Oh no, don't stop, keep them coming. Try me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 15:53:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 16:22:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 17:25:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 17:32:04 

First off these are my personal feelings and have nothing to do with Xray and they do not represent Xray or RCAMERICA at all, I am human as well.

I don't know what your issues are but I make a living in this hobby and it has been brining me happiness for over 16 years. This is my first year that I have been travelling the national circuit and I qualified for the 2006 Worlds this year as well. I was looking so forward to attending my first and not my last Worlds event. It has been a dream of mine since I was a child. I am not making excuses because I am scared I will get beat, that is ridicuolous. I will not get in some arguement about who is better and who isn't, that is just childish and beyond the point.

Our governement has an active warning of HIGH on visiting Indonesia and they even closed down the US Embassy in Jakarta in May because of safety risk.

US Government Travel Warning 1:
http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_ ... _2569.html

US Government Travel Warning 2: (Embassy Closed)
http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/news/warden052605.html

US Government Travel Warning 3:
http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/news/warden053005.html

US Government Travel Warning 4: (Bomb Threats on Westerner Hotels)
http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/news/warden060305.html

The organization putting on the event has posted key info about the event that was supposed to comfort the Westeners, here are a couple of snippets.

At the time of the events, we propose to provide military and police to safeguard the suroundings. Actually it is not necessary because the track is located in a closed complex but we consider to provide them so that all international drivers will feel more secure.

Sorry but I don't feel comfortable racing RC cars when there are guys carrying machine guns at the same facility.

At time of arrival at the Airport, we are suggesting for international drivers to be picked up by our organised pick-up service. We really do not suggest that drivers rent their own cars unless they are familiar with roads in Jakarta. It is not because it is unsafe, we are afraid it would be troublesome if they became lost on the way. The road from the Airport to the Theme Park is a toll road all the way, so there will be no traffic jams. It will take about 30 minutes from the airport to reach the entrance of the theme park.

What is the big deal if you get lost if it is safe, I get lost all the time and it is no big deal. Are they not saying something else about this?

Lastly, in the first quarter of this year, our country just held Asia-Africa Conference that was attended by many Asian and African countries' goverment people and guests. The conference was held in 2 cities, Bandung and Jakarta. So, we could only say that the conditions in our country are acceptable to hold these 2 prestigious events.

Correct, because it wasn't Asia-African-American conference. It is Americans that they despise, not Asian and African. Not reassuring at all.

Look, I am not supportive of all the things our country does, but no one is going to know that when I arrive on that soil. The comment made on our Embassy's website was "Terrorist groups do not distinguish between official and civilian targets". That is what I am talking about.

Call me wimp or whatever you like, I am not accustomed to seeing heavy artiliary in a amusement park, I am not a soldier, I just want to race RC cars with the best in the world without any fear, notice from my Embassy of danger, or people telling us we are all chickens.

I am not going to just sit here and not open my mouth about something that I, my government, and other fellow racers believe is dangerous. You know why that is so? Not everyone is aware of the possible dangers because they are not educated about the possibilities. At least let the people that are going be fully aware of their decision, otherwise it wasn't a fair decision in the first place. If people like Chad and Greg don't go they won't have a job anymore, there is a tad bit of a difference when comparing them to those that are not salary racers.

Terrorists in America go after Americans, they are not going after the French in America, so I really don't understand what you are talking about Mugenman. If you are to be banned it won't be because you called me ignorant, it will be because your lack of helping anyone on this forum and purposly bashing Xray products.

If you really feel I am so wrong, than discuss this at the Starting Grid, this is where tons of others have the same feelings as I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 17:49:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 18:42:35 

http://www.whitehouse.gov/homeland/

HIGH - For the mass transit portion of the transportation sector which includes only regional and inter-city passenger rail, subways and metropolitan bus systems.

do not goto america!!!!! there is a HIGH level of being blown up if u use the public transport! :roll: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 19:39:35 

We are on high alert because of London's attacks. Last time there was a worlds in an unsafe area Team Yokomo got held up at knife point for $15,000. While I am in America the police and military actually have a desire to see their citizens live, in Jakarta the military and intelligence agencies are not going to have near the same care for American's when we are on their soil and you have Al-Qaeda, Jemaah Islamiyah, and Abu Sayyaf Group all in the backyard. Completely different and this is not even worth discussing anymore because it isn't a discussion, I have given you more than enough factual information and I am not alone.

Like someone else posted, there are a ton of nice and friendly countries for all that this could be held, it is as simple as that.

Goto the Starting Grid www.rc-racing.com and see how long your little arguement will last if you feel I am so incorrect in this matter, let people know how you feel just as I have. If you don't than I just picture you as a trouble maker for the sake of making trouble, nothing more nothing less. I would suggest that you don't resort to name calling like you have done here though, they won't be nearly as kind as I am.

Here are the links:

Petition -
http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/bac ... w&noskip=1

Main discussion thread -
http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/pw/bac ... 2&rsel=all

I will no longer respond to posts here about it, I had no idea that I couldn't speak my mind here without being called names and having childish arguements antics such as I don't want to go because I am scared of losing against the competition. I will be on the threads above if you want to continue this in a more mature manor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next