[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What Engine are most of you guys using?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 00:21:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 17:37:57 

Model Mania

I thought I got off subject with my own desire to select an engine. When we were initially discussing what everyone's expierience with the engines they've used, or are using in the XB8 or other Buggies.

It can be confusing to a guy, such as myself, who's new to racing or building a buggy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 04:34:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 04:42:00 

Post subject: Thanks Guys
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 04:58:22 

Thanks Trigger, Venom, imaxx21 and all the Guys that contributed... Cool people online helping each other out provides us all with a better expierience with the product. OK enough mushy stuff

Venom are you an Officer as well? My slip & slide ended my 15 year career. I also taught DT, and at POST administered the agility test to recruits.

Also, I put another post up about build tips, check it out let me know what you think. And when this buggy is all built up I'll post some pics in the photo gallery. I'm sure I'll be asking you guys some more questions before it's all said and done. :wink:

Thanks all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 05:36:49 

Rasta your welcome.

I'm not a LEO any more. I struck out on my own and started a motor cycle dealership. If your going to do some thing: do some thing you love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 18:50:21 

no problem rasta

feel free to email me anytime......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 08:59:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 14:54:46 

is Venom ragging on people again???
let me guess there loosers too??? heck he was calling me a looser all over the place...LOL
or did someone say something nice to him???
good greif!!
well since everyone is posting picks of there bikes heres "one" of mine!
no "Rice Power" or Laughing gas here! dont need it... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 15:20:16 

but hey all joking aside, as for engines go, get the best "You" feel comfortable with.....
all the engines nowdays are pretty good....you'll probally spend more time looking for a bad one????
just make sure you can get parts....?
like will your local hobby shop be able to get parts?
if you need them the same day?
or have in stock?? in case you want to buy that day?
and no need to get an engine so fast and "Exotic" that no one can get parts for it.....
all the RB's are good...and run around 250.00 to 290.00
O.S. motors all good and will run around 240.00 to 315.00
Nova,Rex and Top motors are all the same and all good...and now can find parts for them more easy than ever but check around your areas to make sure....and run around 250.00 to 425.00
i'll give ya an example....there's 4 guys here localy that have some crazy fast motors!! 2 have the Black magic ones and one has a JP full blown modded rocket and not sure what the last guys has but it is crazy fast!
and there's one guy shy and quiet and a very nice individual that runs an "Unmodified" hyper race 8 port cost him i think he said 145.00? and runs circles around "EVERYONE" week after week...and runs 20% :D
so far he has around 2 gallons in the motor and just seems to be getting faster??
i let him use one of my P5's just to see what he could do? and in the pro class he "WAXED THE FEILD" by "Almost" a lap......after the race i told him he could have it but he did not want it?? said he "Wasn't Ready"????
crazy Huh???

Post subject: Nice Bike,That better not be a cut & Paste from the WCC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 17:35:09 

I'm glad to see you guys have fun kidding each other around here. I really like the RB's after Venom's recommendation I did some research on my own. Everyone say's those motors are horses and are very reliable. RB's could definitely use more press and larger US Distribution.

I will most likely get the S5,S7 or WS7,...the guy at PDL_Racing emailed me, and said he would give me a good deal on the WS7, not the WS7II. With a long header inline pipe 063. So Nice.

I Saw a C5 Run and that thing riiippped.

It's in a speed freak such as myself to want more power even when you know you can't keep it on the track. I know I won't get more than the 7 and am trying to convince myself to stick to the S5.

To bad I couldn't restrict the power on the WS7 or WS7II like other carbs on other engines (or can I) :? S5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 17:37:57 

Blade if you’re going to lie about what bike/bikes you have. At least don’t steal the pic off of a well known site. You stole that pic from West Cost Choppers site.

Click on the link. Then click on "bikes". Then click to the right 6 times. Its at the bottom left.

Its the "SMITH AND WESSON EL DIABLO II RIGID 6" UP"

Unless you’re going to try to say, That Smith and Wesson sold it to you.

HMMMMMMMM................? I wounder why I called you a LOOSER......................?

WOW man how did i get pics of YOUR bike?!?!?!?!?

Thats gota hurt. Now you have just PROVEN you're a looser. Thanks.

Last edited by Venom on Mon Oct 18, 2004 22:04:13, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 17:40:41 

Rasta you can restrict an RB as well. But RB makes you buy the restrictor carb inserts separately. I’m not sure what size they come in. But I'm sure there is a variety

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 18:05:57 

Last edited by Venom on Mon Oct 18, 2004 22:01:12, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: RB S7II
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 18:50:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 18:51:28 

Post subject: not sure
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 19:12:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 19:32:58 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 00:59:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 01:31:16 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 02:00:08 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next