[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Glitching!! Like Crazy!!

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 20:22:17

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Glitching!! Like Crazy!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 08:33:22 

Help!

I am very new to On-road racing and have an FK'05 with some, shall we say, R/C Gremlins! its not a bad glitch but I've tried to figure out how to get rid of it and can't. I've rewired the car several times and still no luck. Its very difficult to move the reciever away from the ESC on this car so I'm open to some suggestions. Thank you in advance!

By the way: I am running a Novak GTX ESC. JR135 Reciever FM/75mhz. KOPROPO Steering Servo. Orion Core motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 09:42:28 

There is nothing as frustrating as glitching........

Couple of suggestions (not from experience :) :

- Move the antenna to the upperdeck and put a (thick) plastic spacer between the deck and the antenna holder. Don't forget to 'sink' the screw. Otherwise it thouches the belt.
- Use the whole antenna wire from the receiver. Extend the antenna tube as long as possible.
- Keep the antenna wire as far away as possible from carbon parts.
- Change cristals, maybe one is broken.
- Is the antenna on the transmitter stable if pulled fully.
- Lower the driving frequency of your ESC (more punch, lower amount of pulses per second)
- Try an other motor.
- Try less timing on your motor.
- Try an other ESC.
- Try an other servo.
- Are receiver and transmitter working good together. They can have a 'communication' problem due to tolerances.
- Try an other receiver / transmitter.

Good luck.

(I ended up using PCM :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 09:50:11 

macko_:

I experienced the same at first but I managed to figure it out.

Leave little room between motor, ESC and receiver. Do NOT put any servo or ESC wire over the receiver, let them rather go 'around it' than putting them over it, that was the main thing in my opinion.

Also check:
-Check if theres glitches with other motors.
-see if capasitors are broken
-too much timing in motor
-no power cable near to antenna wire.

I would first put those wires away from the receiver so theres no wires at all on the receiver, except those plugs.

Hope this helps,

Vesa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 14:49:47 

Borrow an LRP or Keyence ESC from someone and try it, instead of the Novak. In the last 4 instances of this at our track (and 3 personal experiences with my own equipment), the issue has been the Novak ESC. It may not be faulty, but Novak isn't known for their EM shielding properties. At first I thought maybe it was only with JR equipment and Novak ESC's, but then the situations came up with Futabas and Airtronics as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 17:04:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 22:06:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 22:53:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:01:31 

Thanx for the help guys. Aside from buying new equipment I just about have tried everything that there is to try. I really can't buy new equipment (I have a wife). so I've got to solve the problem with what I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:30:14 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:34:57 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 19:20:14 

I had a huge glitching problem and i have all novak elecs in my car. Here's what worked for me:

Take a piece of lexan and make a tray to hold your reciever. Then make another tray that the first one will fit into. Take the first tray and glue tinfoil to the outside. Then glue the other tray to the outside of that. This is basically a primitive RF sheild. You could do the same thing to your ESC.

Now I have no glitching problems at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 19:36:28 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 21:26:50 

Has anyone ever had the multi-diff produce rf interference? I pin the car at full throttle and let off so there is no radio input and the wheels move back and forth slightly. The servo IS moving because I can hear it.

Also, the car was NOT glitching when I first put it together. Different crystals do not work. I am posting a pic of what the car looks like here so that you can see my setup.

Help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 00:23:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 20:58:27 

ya bro make the wires a little neater use zip ties try to keep each wire separet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 21:20:38 

Keep high amp (motor/batt.) wires as far away as possible from low amp wiring and from antenna wire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 08:34:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:27:55 

Is your motor fully suppressed, have you tried new capacitors?. Are the brushes arcing heavily causing the glitch?. We had a similar problem on our 04, and eventually cured it by applying a VERY thin coat of CA glue over the areas where the bulkheads seat to seal the chassis as a source of interference. Obviously you dont want to go to thick in this area, or you disturb the heights the bulkheads sit at on the chassis.
Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 17:51:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 20:45:04