[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What Engine are most of you guys using?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 00:20:32

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:00:13 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:27:21 

Post subject: Warranty Reply From Rossi Direct
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 15:52:59 

I asked Rossi Engines by email about the warranty on their Black Magic Engine. Thought I would pass the response along for our education. I don't think he would mind it being posted: :arrow:

Hello MLW,

The Black Magic engine is a standard drop in engine for 1/8 scale cars.
The engine comes with factory warranty. When you get the engine, if you
find any problem let me know and I will replace the engine.
The factory warranty is for factory defect and not for operator damage.
I inspect all engines before I ship.
I have customers who buy Rossi engines from me regularly and they
are professional racers. The feedback I get is that they run 10 gallon
of fuel through a Rossi engine before they are worn out.
They run 5 gallon of fuel through other name brand engines before they
are worn out like the OS Max engines. The no-name brand engines run
one to two gallon of fuel max.

Thanks, Sahak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 17:41:23 

No engine mfg offers warranty from operation point of view. They only cover things that were bad from the Factory. They will want to see the engine to verify this as well. The mfg wants there customers to be happy with there product so they ususlly get taken care of.

www.fusionmotorsports.com Top Engines
www.mugenracing.com JP and Top Engines
www.rbproducts.com RB Engines
www.os-engines.co.jp OS Engines
www.star-motor.com Sirio Engine
www.internet-rc.com Rex Engines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 17:44:24 

Rasta, Just to let you know. The estimate of 10+ gallons is a realistic one. Provided the engine is cared for correctly. The reason they last so long is because Rossi use’s a ceramic alloy piston. Instead of aluminum. They also don’t use chrome in the sleeve. They use a different kind of plating that’s called NSC (nickel silicon carbide). Now with out getting to technical. NSC is MUCH more durable than chrome. But it is also much more expensive and difficult to work with. As far as I know Rossi is the only manufacture in the world using advanced materials like this. To my knowledge every one else use’s the old ABC or ABN construction which is 15-20 years old now.

One other thing to keep in mind, Sahak is the north American distributor for AXE/Rossi. Every one else that sells Rossi buys directly though him. (Trinity, Morris hobbies, ECT) And to date Rossi’s/Sahak’s customer service skills have been above reproach. As an example, a wile back I had a engine spit the rod out of the side of the block. I informed Sahak of what happened, and that the engine only has 3 gallons ( break in takes over a gallon) of fuel run though it. Sahak asked me for a couple of pics and my receipt (he had it in his own files). I also told him I needed some thing done quickly, because I had a race that weekend. Sahak sent me a brand new engine. He even sent it fedex over night. FREE of charge!!!! When I asked Sahak how he wanted me to send my old engine back to him. He told me to keep it encase I could salvage any parts from it.

Now in my opinion, THAT’S CUSTOMER SERVACE. These are only my personal experiences but I can’t imagine Sahak would treat any one differently.

One last thing before I shut up. Rossi engines make UNGODLY amounts of power. And some will argue that you don’t need that much power. Which is true in some cases. If the track will not support that kind of power then all you are doing is spinning your wheels. But I will argue that the Rossi comes with 3 carb inserts 9mm/8mm/6.5mm (other manufactures make you buy them separately) and you can “detune” the engine any time you need to. Just by a simple restrictor switch. ( 1 bolt and about 2min to change ) But on the other hand, if the track is tacky and you need a lot of HP. Then all you haft to do is switch restrictors and then you have a engine that will keep up with or pass any engine out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 17:47:44 

-AXE/Rossi

-Rossi USA

Post subject: LSK
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 19:05:18 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 19:45:54 

That's coz they aint that good. My P7-R still feels like new after 14 Gallons and a damn good thrashing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 19:59:03 

Model mainia- Yeah i think its rated at 2.98. :shock: :shock: You can pick them up on e-bay( from Sahak) for $350 NIB. With the warranty. One nice thing about the LSK is the head is the normal round type, So you don’t haft to enlarge the hole in the body.

Grandma- You must run it all day and all night. Because i didn’t think the Puicco P7's had been out long enough for the average user to go though 14 Gallons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 20:28:26 

Z-man, That’s kind of odd, Because on OS's web site they say the V-spec not covered by a warranty. It could be they just haven’t updated the site. But that’s cool if you got a warranty.

Check it out-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 20:35:57 

Actually after doing some research none of OS's .21 come with a warranty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 20:48:35 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 21:27:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 21:34:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 22:34:51 

so would it be worth it to buy the Rossi LSK over the Black Magic? has anyone here ever had an experience with the LSK? what pipes work well with the Rossi motors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 22:49:16 

Well I haven’t run the LSK yet. But the LSK is replacing the Black magic. And given their past I would assume its better. Also Rossi has their own dedicated pipes. $45 US on e-bay.

Just do a search on e-bay for Rossi.

P.S there is even a "factory works" MOD up for sale. On e-bay right now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 23:01:56 

ok hate to bug you guys but i am so undecided fromw hat ive read it pushed me towards these engines...

im thinking either the

ws7II... heard is finiky if ntot he right clutch or pipe

a collari engine mayb

or the new os vzb v spec.. but is it like ht eold one where u need to run a hgih oil content fuel and only lasts for 3 gallons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 23:50:06 

crzy- if i were you id get an RG as a starter engine- its a beast motor and if you've never raced buggy itll be great to learn to drive with then upgrade to a bigger, better motor. i bet if the best driver at your track threw an RG into his buggy he'd still win races-its that fast of a motor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 01:29:42 

I run an Andy Brown Mac mod. They have the best customer service in the USA. The Mac's will out last an OS. And an OS carb will fit with no mods if you are new to tuning carbs and you want the ease of an OS carb tuning. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 05:52:00 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next