[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Comparing the 777sp1 and XB8

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 05:28:19

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Comparing the 777sp1 and XB8
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 15:20:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 15:35:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 17:49:25 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 17:55:26 

Whats up Roberto? Its Mike, Whazzup?
Just got home late last night from Conn. and if it helps we had 4 Xb8s at the track and I ran one and tqed my heat with it. And I was up against fierce 777's, K3's, and Mbx5's. If your in the US , you cant build the buggy with the standard setup that comes in the box as you will have a hard time adjusting and that setup is for UK tracks (the US Xb8's should come with a US Setup sheet to help people out) But just use Joors origonal standard setup sheet that I gave you and you should be very set from there. Also Use the new Soft Arms and engine mount. The car ran flawlessly yesterday. If it wasn't for electrical problems I believe I would have walked away with the win for my main. The car jumps like no other. The thing is a gazzele. We had a jump then a tableto to clear, then four whoops after the landing. Every heat at the last lap I would come in WOT and hit the jump to the talbletop. I had the whole track amazed at me as I would clear the tabletop completely and clear two of the whoops in ONE JUMP!! It was like almost 30 feet of clearance, and I landed it every time then hopped the last whoops. Once eveyone saw me doing this they started it themselfs. I was the only buggy there to clear the Tbletop and two whoops at once. All other buggys only made the talbletop and one whoop. But the XB8 Soars. No throttle in the air. IT soars dead even.

The car tracks dead on with the soft arms. It felt great and very controllable. Yeah I felt like I could of used a little more steering but a setup could always help that. Plus when the ALU. knucles come on we will get more throw out of them. But I was still real fast with it. I know you like switching from buggy to buggy , but you have to give youself a chance with the XB8. ITs so adjustable, that lots of people get lost in the setup. Where else can you go to a forum and talk to pro drivers and ask for advice on setups. If it wasnt for them I would probably be spending time on trying to get a setup rather than shooting for the win every weekend. You know I have ran every buggy and Now I just run the XB8. The drivetrain in the car is like no other. And the car is the lightest out of them all. The XB8 rips when setup properly. Ask, ask ,ask. The people on this forum are awesome and will help you with anything. Talk to yah soon.

Later,
Mike[/list][/code]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 17:58:10 

Last edited by Roberto777XB8 on Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:40:29, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 17:59:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:27:50 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:30:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:38:52 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:41:43 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:52:22 

The XB8's just not for some people. The XB8 requires patience. On some buggies, you can just put it together according to the manual and put it on the track and it feels good. The XB8 requires a much more individualistic approach. You have to take the time to get to know the buggy and how it reacts to certain changes.

Every XB8 owner that I know that sold theres didn't have the XB8 more than a month or 2. Many times after just a few weeks! Most people that hold out long enough to get to know the buggy will NEVER go back to anythign else.

I was one of the first people in my area to run an XB8 back in December. Now it's the most popular buggy at all my local tracks.

Go to and play around with some of those setup sheets. David Joor is probably one of the most active people on the R/C scene and is CONSTANTLY doing great things to help us XRay lovers out.

Patience is a virtue. Not many people have it. If you don't, you'll probably get frustrated with the XRay in a week or 2 of racing.

Plus, you've got to admit, the user community for the XRay is better than any other 1/8th scale buggy out there!

I hope you stick around and give the XB8 a REAL chance. You won't be dissapointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:57:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 18:59:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 19:12:40 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 19:58:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 20:04:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 20:32:48 

Middle Conneticut. It was awesome. They redid the track setup and it rules!! HUGE Jumps!! 10 feet of air over the jump and talbetop!!
I TQed the third qualifier and started on the front line for the main and had to give up my practice lap before the start of the main. As My throttle servo failed and I didn't bring spares. even if I did have a spair it was to late anyway as the main was starting in less than 2 minutes from when I had a runaway. Not enough time to do the fix. You gotta come up with me one weekend. Call me. I spoke to my freind and he might be able to get just the piston for the M8T. Cheap fix. I'm hoping. I had to next day everything to him this morning as the date got changed to Wednesday for the appointment. It cost me 50 Bucks to next day everything UPS. I sent five engines. Three of mine and 2 of yours. So figure its 10 bucks an engine for the Next day shipping. I pay 30 and you pay 20. I'll figure it all out when he gets them and checks them out. Hes just gonna look at the M8T and then get back to me with prices before he does anything. I told him if its more than 200 forget it, but we will see. Call me later today. I had great sucess using the Motor Saver air filter and oiling the outside foam heavily then squezing it out. The carb was crystal clean when I pulled off the filter. Its a great filter and I recommend it fully. You need to go get one, and if Crispys has them and the spare filters for them I need you to pick up the replacement filters for me and ship them to me. I'll credit you on the invoice. Can you do that for me please ? I need like 6 replacement filters for it. Inner and outer. Cool ? See if Crispys has them and call me later tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 20:39:19 

By the way you gotta get that B5 T fixed and working. I was walking away from everyone out of the hole and on the straigts. It was like cheating. That engine RIPS!! I was walking the EB Mods 421B's and the P5's and V-specs. Everyone wanted to know what I was running. I woulod take the holeshot al the way to the first turn. Man the B5 is unbelievable. Loads of torque. You dont need any room to hit jumps as it just lanches to full power in short distances. You need to be smooth on the throttle becuase if you just punch it you loose control. If you roll onto it the thing RIPS!!! I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 20:56:17 

sami l

what is your set-up ?
diff and shocks....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 21:21:44 

This "pro dude" had 555 diffs. I'm having 551 but gonna test that 555 very soon.

Rear:

3x 1.5 (straight) holes 50 oil, white spring (in his setup it says Kyosho blue 'cos. that time XRay whites weren't available)

Front:

2x 1.5 (straight) holes 40 oil, blue spring

Heres link to that setup we are using (and loving) here...:
http://www.iso-hepa.com/files/XB8lavanko.pdf