[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XB8 PBS

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 05:24:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: XB8 PBS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 19:09:08 

I broke open my pit box and look what happened.

[/img]

Copyright and ® §måkhèèd 2005

Last edited by grahama89 on Mon Jun 06, 2005 19:39:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 19:11:29 

try to fix the pics so we can see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 19:15:05 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 20:41:56 

LoL, someone has too much time on their hands :P. I think the rear PBS is a bit overboard, just another place for binding.

Did you feel like adding some Ofna into the mix? :P Looks cool though, if a bit weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 20:46:48 

Oh yeah, tell us how it handles. If it goes well perhaps Xray should look into releasing an option kit. Imagine how MugenMan would gloat if that happened :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 21:33:25 

wow, you added a whole pound to your car... impressive....

acually i like the pbs, but it fattened up the hyper so bad compaired to the c hub.

wonder if the mugen stuff would fit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 23:28:53 

Well I dont actually know how the car handles yet as those pics where posted about 10 mins after the job was finished. BUT I did weigh it to see the difference there and it only gained 2 1/2 ozs. So it's still lighter than and MBX5 or 777 SP1 JUST.

Things to note are all lower arms required grinding out to clear the diff cups and the front uppers needed the hinge hole drilling out to 4.9mm.

But I have got rid of all the niggly faults like the Arms tearing off and turnbuckles snaping. Hopefully this works OK but it Will be going back to C hub on the front soon. I just cant lose all that steering ability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 02:24:27 

good job man... try the mugen pbs they are much stronger... also i dont think the rear pbs is necessary....

also u can be able to dremel 1mm of front and rear of the top arm so you can add top castor adjustment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 18:02:22 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 18:05:06 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 18:41:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 19:52:47 

Your guess is probably correct, it was on grass and very high traction, I know it should be fine on our main track as I used to race a PBS before, but this actually feels like it was designed to be like this, I mean every angle just looks RIGHT, luckily should I need the quick steering again then It's only 10 mins to swap the front back, or 20 for the whole conversion back to C hubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 09:49:35 

Dusty track trials today, lets see how it takes this then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 01:46:59 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 18:09:13 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 23:23:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 23:37:53 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 06:32:32 

XRAY with the use of composite steering knuckles etc have made a car with a low unsprung weight.
i'm sure that by using steel Pivot balls & increasing the unsprung weight considerably you have upset the natural balance of the car & its suspension :roll:
how do you now adjust caster? or have you shortened the upper arms on the upper hingepins to allow for some fore/aft movement?
i'm still unconvinced this is the way to go :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 08:27:09 

Even without triming the faces of the inboard end of the upper arms there is still enough movement to adjust the caster. But I like it the way it is now, so I dont need to trim the arms and introduce another wear point.

"The way to go" is your own decision, this was only ever an experiment to see if it would work. The fact that it does has answered my question and I am just letting you know what I've done. If you wish to stay with things as they come, then it is your car which you were given and it IS your car to do with as you wish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 14:15:53 

I respect that Gramaha, and I think its cool that you experiemented with this and posted it for all of us to see. Keep up the good work.