[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - What Engine are most of you guys using?

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 22:17:52

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: What Engine are most of you guys using?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 20:27:08 

Hello,

I'm new to the group and I'm thinking about getting the XB8 or an MP777 SP1. I'm leaning more and more towards the XB8 these last few days.
I just found out I have a dealer nearby in Branford Ct.

Do you guys have any particular engine you would recommend to install?
What's the copper/orange colored cooling head/engine I've seen it tested with and in photo shoots ... :?:

Any favorite's for exhaust systems.

I really like to piece everything together before I start buying the kit.

Thanks very much for your help. :)

MLW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 21:03:05 

I have ran the following motors:

OS Vspec
RB S5
RB S7
JP FX

All with the Jammin JP1 pipe

-----

The motor in the ads is a RB Ws7II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 21:38:25 

The motors I have run

RB s5
RB ws7II
Os RG
Os RZ
Novarossi P5T
I have run various pipes with these motors. But the JP-1 is a good suggestion.

BUT the motor that won my heart over is the ROSSI (not novarossi) R21 "Black magic" with the Rossi pipe. Be for warned, it is a very expensive motor. But when nothing but the best will do. And money isn’t a concern. The Black magic is IT! Just so you know the Black magic is NOT beginner friendly. It’s hard to tune. And if it’s not in tune, it doesn’t like to run right. And it will flame out. Also there is another problem: when the head goes though the polishing process it leaves razor sharp edges. And you can and WILL cut you’re fingers if your not paying attention. But once you get it right. Nothing I have seen yet, can keep up with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 22:43:12 

i fitted a RB WS 2 can now be bought for £220 in uk ran at 210f after 10 tank break in with all the power that i can handle lol quick little things a few people have them where i race and they seem pretty good and easy to tune ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 22:56:28 

I plan on running an OS RG until i get to be a better driver then ill switch to a Novarossi SBK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 01:16:32 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 01:36:08 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 02:19:33 

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 04:20:20 

I appreciate all the responses. :D

Keep 'em comin. This is definitely a cool forum for XB8 owners and petential buyers such as myself.

The owner seems close to his customers which ultimately creates a better product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 08:24:11 

Post subject: XB8 Engine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 09:08:48 

Post subject: Re: XB8 Engine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 09:25:12 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 09:45:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 13:43:41 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 15:15:15 

the best engine.......
is the one where you will have the best availibility to the parts you need for the enigine you will run.... :)
sure all the motors are fast!! any of the ones mentioned above will fly!!
but if first time motor in the 1/8 scale arena stay with one "Your" local hobby shop carries parts for.. :!: :!:
sure you could buy a "Black Magic" or any other 500.00 or 600.00 high end motor but if you can not get parts for it it is the "Slowest" motor in the field......
but getting around the track is the fastest motor of all..... :idea:
point i make localy by running a old beat up inexpensive hobby people motor named an XTM Pro... i have the V-spec's and the RB's and hot rodded "O'donnel" and JP motors....sure they help on the pro circut when i need to get every once of power the motor can deliver...
but on a club level good reliable motors would be from O.S. most hobby shops will carry them and the respective parts......
and 90% of the high end motors they will usualy have to order parts depending on your area and if your local hoby shop will carry the parts.....
and piston and sleeves on the high end motors will run any where from 119.00 and up but will vary from state to state...
and the Jammin pipes are pretty good as well "Inexpensive" and solid ...
(JP-1 for top end) and for shorter tracks (JP-2 for Bottom end) will run around 59.00 to 69.00 dollars....
and NOVA and RB pipes while excelent at for what some will pay up to 140.00+ the inexpensive one work "Just As Well" when on a buget...
i see more people shell out thousands of dollars on the best high end laser engraved trick alloy parts and the fastest motor there wallet can aford and then see some guys roll in with cars being held to gether with and no joke "Duct Tape" and roll by these guys with the "Perfect" cars and win week after week.......
on a club level i'll run any where from a Hyper race or 8port or a XTM with a inexpensive Dynamite pipe...and a good tuned clutch...and win 99.9999999% of the time at the bigger races yes i will run my JP or O'Donnel motors if the track alows for there power bands....
and JP-1 and JP-2 pipes on everything...
Guarenteed get some driving under your belt learn to set up your car and
"Tune" your motor and even with a inexpensive motor and pipe you'll be out maybe 210.00 at most...
and you will be able to beat the guys with the 600.00+ dollar motors...
and remember your not "Hooked" up if the car is on it's Lid or tires are just Spining!
slick track run white mugen shoes with some.90 springs....
want more punch and the track has good traction run anything in a Alloy shoe and 1.10 mugen springs.........
Hope some of this will help..... :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 17:42:49 

Hey Blade feeling salty?

Just for your 411 the JP-1 is for bottom end and the JP-2 is for top end. Also, just so you know the Black Magic isn’t a 500-600 motor. Actually you can pick it up for 320(e-bay) all day long NIB. (Allot less than a JP mod) And parts are widely available. Not to mention the parts are cheaper than most any motor. IE a front bearing for $14, A rear bearing for $28. A con rod for $25. Rossi parts, Look for your self-----> Before you jump off the handle about the p/s's being $145 just remember Rossi doesn’t use an aluminum piston. It’s ceramic.

Oh yeah one last little detail. Every engine comes with a 2 year warranty. How many other top end engines come with a warranty?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 19:40:13 

I agree with a lot of what you're saying Blade1. My Motocross expierience has proved that. A 15 year old expert on a 80cc bike can lap, what we called a "squid" (less than average rider) on a pro level 250cc bike easily.

Actually a bad motorcycle accident got me into R/C. But.....

Not that I have money to burn, but the cost of RC parts are considerably less than my previous motorcycle tab. I was paying $900. per 6 mo. just in insurance.

I figured the XB8 at $650 diserves a good engine. BUT I really, really want someting reliable. I have a Savage .25 and a Team Associated NTC3+, both of which I can start up right now,..run up and down the street,..shelf 'em with 2 drops of after-run oil with no issues. And they'll start right up again.

I do have a large outdoor track nearby in Wolcott CT, (Two of the big R/C magazine's tested the XB8 there.) and will most likely I will race there. I will however want to get bash / recreational use out of it without replacing the engine after 4 or 5 gallons. :(

I agree that skill is everything, but at some point in anyone's motorized racing career- you will need every .oz of technogoly you can get. I'm not close to that level,..but I do see the desire and the NEED, which ultimately drives greater technology.

My wish list looks like... quality & reliability first, then useable powerband, power, low end, top end. That's basically what I'm looking for in that order. :D I don't mind paying, and I defintely don't want junk.

I may be asking for too much... but it's different for everyone

Some of you guys must be running reliable and fast engines in your XB8 Speak up :D

Thanks

Post subject: Engine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 20:03:02 

Rasta, I'm also from Ct and race regularly at Wolcott and RCMadness. I run an XB8. I have a great set up for it if you need it once your ready. I run a Novarossi P5 with an RB 063 pipe and it is super fast and reliable. I do also have a Rossi Black magic with JP1 pipe that only has a 1/2 gallon threw it if you want that motor for a good price. Hope to see you at the races soon.

Post subject: Re: Engine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 20:28:00 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 20:48:06