[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - Question about the Front upper rear hing pin holder

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 17:47:59

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post subject: Question about the Front upper rear hing pin holder
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 19:27:53 

In RC car action's review of the xb8 it shows that the upper rear hing pin holder is plastic. But looking at the pics on this site. And in X-rays advertisment it shows a aluminum hing pin holder. What will the USA production cars have?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 20:22:40 

I never noticed that untill you pointed it out.
The pictures of the pre-production car do seem to have an alu holder.

Later pics and on the production car it's platic though.

Maybe it will become an extra option part, but I honestly don't think it would be neccesary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 04:22:58 

Hello X-ray? Any one home?

Which will it be??? ( these were both taken from x-rays site) I'm hopeing some one will say the aluminum one. No plastic pin holder i have ever seen, Has stood up to the rigures of racing for very long. No to mention this kit is billed as " No upgrades needed".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 08:27:48 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 08:51:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:10:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:13:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 15:33:44 

Thanks guys. That is rather dissapointing though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 19:22:24 

why?

Post subject: plastic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 19:36:06 

Yup, plastic here too. Now I want an Alloy hop-up one. And a decent front torque brace to match the rear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 21:12:26 

ya im gonna want an aluminum one, a new front torque rod, and some CNC'd rear hub carriers and front steering blocks. anyone know what company will fit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 23:38:35 

Imaxx21, plastic pin holders are some thing i would expect on a RTR kit. Not on a "top of the line" kit. And it also doesn’t go along with " all hop ups included " marketing slogan.

I also don’t like the idea that X-ray puts pictures of a product in an advertisement. Then turns around and doesn’t sell you the same item that you just looked at. In my opinion you should get just what the picture shows. Because the pictures have a very big effect on the product and whether it sells or not. Not to mention it’s illegal. IE. I can’t go on to E-Bay and post a 60in Plasma TV for sale. Then when you win the auction, I just send you a picture of same TV. Know what I mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 02:53:33 

ok dont get one then

ill buy me a couple more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 00:45:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 01:17:54 

Oh, btw hyper 7 rear uprights fit OK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 07:20:39 

well,
after most of the testing we have done over the past few months
(We) have not had any problems.
but if one does not like the car one should not buy it??
now days one will spend more time looking for a bad car then buying anyone of the kits available on the market today...
in general most will rely on "Driver Set up" some will like more hop ups than others?
Hudy took there time in the Development of all there cars...and like all things what looks good on paper sometimes does not work as planed on or in real testing...Rome was not built in a day
same applies in Formula 1 as in any other sports and or racing....
personaly sounds like a ford chevy thing.....
which is sad in general if you do not like the car do not buy it???
if you have not driven the car why bring down something you do not know of??
it does not make sence???
though it would be nice to have every single posable pretty and trick looking piece on any given car...but in the end a good example would be of Massami Hirosaka....took a "Box Stock" no hop ups what so ever B3 at the time the night before and put it in the A main with TQ honnors...
point being no matter what parts are on the car if you can drive, anything will work...
as for Falsifiying anything one has to remember it was a Prototype and at the time of press release those were the only parts available...and as a Manufacture ourselves "Deadlines" need to be met...
as for the car itself in a manner of speaking no hop up parts are needed??
it comes with everything one will need to "Win" given the opportunity with the proper set up for "One's Driving Style"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 20:10:28 

“well,
after most of the testing we have done over the past few months
(We) have not had any problems”---That’s good, but it doesn’t change any thing I said.

“but if one does not like the car one should not buy it??”---It’s not a question of liking it or not. But it IS a question of getting what you pay for.

“now days one will spend more time looking for a bad car then buying anyone of the kits available on the market today” --- You should really give people credit when you quote them.

“in general most will rely on "Driver Set up" some will like more hop ups than others?”---Once again its not about “drivers set up” or lack of. But it IS about getting what you pay for.

“Hudy took there time in the Development of all there cars...and like all things what looks good on paper sometimes does not work as planed on or in real testing...Rome was not built in a day”---What dose that have to do with anything?? All of the sudden we are talking about Rome?? I though the discussion was about pin holders.

“same applies in Formula 1 as in any other sports and or racing” ---This statement has nothing to do with what discussion is about. Unless you are talking about buying an “ F1 “ chassis. If that’s true, then I would argue that when you received the chassis. You would demand EXACTLY what you ordered and paid for.

“personaly sounds like a ford chevy thing”—Excuse me but,… ummmm………………. Whats the Ford and which is the Chevy?? I’m not comparing products to one another. But it dose sound like to me that you are spouting off just like the ford vs chevy thing. Completely and blindly brand loyal.

“which is sad in general if you do not like the car do not buy it”---How many times are you going to say the same thing?? But I’ll tell you what is really sad. Its SAD that you cant understand the concept of getting what you pay for. Or that’s its wrong for a company to promise you a certain product for your money and then rip you off and not give you what you paid for. To put it bluntly its called FRAUD. But since you don’t seem to know any thing about that I’ll provide you some links at the bottom of the page so you can read up on it.

“ if you have not driven the car why bring down something you do not know of??
it does not make sence”---1st Dude you need to learn how to spell. 2nd I’m not bringing down any one. I am only saying that it’s wrong to bait a buyer with a promise, take his/her money, and then not deliver on the promise. Since you are defending X-rays actions, am I to assume you never learned the difference between right and wrong?

“though it would be nice to have every single posable pretty and trick looking piece on any given car...but in the end a good example would be of Massami Hirosaka....took a "Box Stock" no hop ups what so ever B3 at the time the night before and put it in the A main with TQ honnors...
point being no matter what parts are on the car if you can drive, anything will work”---And I’ll bet good money that when he opened that box. He got every thing he paid for. You seem to keep missing the point. I’m sure the X-ray is a competent machine, capable of wining. But that’s not the point.

“as for Falsifiying anything one has to remember it was a Prototype and at the time of press release those were the only parts available...and as a Manufacture ourselves "Deadlines" need to be met”---1st we are not talking about the pictures in a press release. We are talking about the CURENT advertisement. To which buyers base their decisions on. 2nd I own a company my self so I know all about deadlines. And sometimes I haft to make my employees work a lot harder than they want to. That’s just the nature of the beast. BUT there is NO deadline in the WORLD that says to defraud the public.

“ as for the car itself in a manner of speaking no hop up parts are needed??
it comes with everything one will need to "Win" given the opportunity with the proper set up for "One's Driving Style”---OOOHHHHH…… I’m sorry, dose it say “every thing needed to win included” on the box. And in the advertisements?

(Game show time)

And the survey says:……………..AAAAAAANNNNNNNN.......... I’m sorry blade that was the wrong answer. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

The answer is “All hop-ups included”

BOB what do we have for the losers today,……………….???????

All jokes aside, it’s wrong no matter how you rationalize or justify it. Simple as that.

As a personal observation, ( and please don’t take this as a insult because it net meant to be )

You might want to think about some additional schooling. Because your grammar and spelling are atrocious.

Here are those links I promised you.

--websters

--websters

---Law.com

---Law.com

--this one is good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 20:51:08 

Mmm. I'm confused now. That went all over the place. But I think you need to look into spell check too before you comment on the use of the english language by others.

Could you just say who's side your on aswell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 21:16:56 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 04:41:11 

If you look closely at the photo of the rear hubs the hyper 7 hub changes everything. Rollcenter,hubheight. Not recomended hopup as far as I can tell.