[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - FK05, The prebuilt Diff is Dry... failure warning.

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 14:18:18

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:43:20 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:59:11 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:48:02 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 15:33:08 

Good idea, but somehow I suspect if I got in touch with the chap on eBay who bought my FK'04 he wouldn't want to donate the bearing to me... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 00:28:30 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 22:47:21 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 00:49:15 

Post subject: Duratrax to the rescue!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 03:18:06 

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 16:43:36 

After reviewing everyone's posts (I'd use the word comments, but it doesn't seem appropriate), I've concluded that we are all just dealing with corporate politics.

My post wasn't even responded to appropriately, *in my opinion*. However, I'm not the one responsible for the kit or their quality...but for a company (Mario took the role as a company spokesman in this thread at first) to say they will investigate the issue by opening up 5 kits and reviewing the bearings and then NOT provide quantifiable evidence of their findings is reason for me to believe there is a problem. Then there were other excuses, like "[paraphrased]...provided from another manufacturer...[paraphrased]". As to this date, I still don't see any indication that XRAY is investigating the problem, if there is one.

Now the role has changed...everyone in this forum needs to realize they are not dealing with someone that can change the manufacturing process. Correct me if I'm wrong, Mario, but you say you are relaying information back and forth. That leads me to believe you are not in a position to actually solve the problem, or conduct a formal investigation. If this is incorrect, I apologize, even though I am not accusing anyone of anything. I've worked on both sides of the fence, and understand how corporate "policy" (I quote that word, because lots of them are technically and legally UNENFORCEABLE) can hender a vast array of situations that arise. In general, they can be considered as "best for the general public". However, they can also cost a company millions in a swift customer decline.

The only dealings I've had with Mario is way back when I first purchased my setup system. There was an issue with the adhesive on the measured sheet. Although the suggestion Mario supplied 'somewhat' worked, I didn't feel it was the right one. Defective products should be replaced, plain and simple. I voiced my opinion, but it didn't get me anywhere. Maybe that's why I don't have an XRAY sponsorship. :( I look back now at that situation and understand what took place. Everything is peachy and I'm satisfied. Mario seems like a genuinely good person, which leads me to believe if there is a problem with the new diffs, they will get it resolved.

I know this post is long, but it's almost done! The second to last problem I have with what an individual has posted is that "[paraphrased]...team drivers ran them and had no problems...[paraphrased]". I don't know of ANY factory-sponsored team driver that uses a mass-produced FACTORY-assembled diff. The diff they use might come preassembled, but not by "Technician A" on the factory floor. I don't even trust the factory to assemble them correctly, the same as any nitro engine. They are disassembled and put back together per my preference and experience. When I purchased my T1 way back when, I opened the box and the bulkheads where attached to the chassis plate...what for? You have to revmove them anyway, so the only thing it did was raise the price of the kit in order to add a bling factor when people opened the box!

Last thing! If there is a problem with these diffs, why is it taking so long to come to a conclusion? This is a severe error on XRAY's part, IF THERE IS A PROBLEM. I know, from experience in manufacturing and production, it takes less time than this to figure it out. Hold someone responsible for what takes place, or you might just see a sharp decline in profits, and that would really be bad! The best solution is to stop assembling the diffs at the factory. The majority of your customers are medium to top-quality drivers and enjoy the hobby, and probably the building of the car in general. Letting them assemble the diff only strengthens their understanding of the car. You could also drop the price a dollar!

I hope everyone understands that I'm not flaming anyone. I actually hope many of you calm down and look at it from both sides. The diffs might be bad and they might not. I guess I'll find out whenever I get my '05.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 17:37:12 

I think the actual issue is the thrustrace, in that its falling appart under very little use or stress, it would seem as though the people at Xray feel there near impossible to see amount of grease is acceptable to them, and im not sure if anyone's had problems directly because of a lack of grease in these (may be wrong, but dont recall any atm) however theres plenty of people complaining about faults with the thrustrace coming appart.

This was reported by plenty of people on various forums within 3 weeks of the kit being out in the shops, and when there was no problems with this unit in the past, to now have one, suggests something changed and there is now a problem, because dozens dont just give up 3 weeks into a new kits launch!
6 months in, if a load have gone over that period maybe its bad luck, but in 3 weeks, pull the other one.

Still, rather than accept there is a problem, its 'we'll look into it' and the fault remains the current topic when talking about it, which must be doing wonders for sales as people looking in thinking about owning one must be really tempted by a silly part which fails 3 weeks in in some cases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 20:57:08 

Sorry guys, I can not say anything more constructive without repeating myself. The dry diff issue (the reason this post was created) was already addressed and the axial bearing issue is being investigated. Of course it takes some short time because the trust bearing is not manufactured by XRAY and the bearing manufacturer must check, analyse, compare, etc etc. Of course that takes some a short time therefore I ask everybody to remain please a bit patient. As soon there is some result it will be posted at the XRAY page. I just want to make sure everybody that XRAY will stand for each XRAY product.

Thank you for being patient and supporting XRAY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 04:03:24 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 17:35:36 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 17:42:09 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 17:55:51 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 23:46:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 00:02:37 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 00:44:29 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 04:24:45 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 04:33:19 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next