[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 611: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
XRAY - Model racing cars • View topic - XRAY T1FK'05

XRAY - Model racing cars

It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 22:11:17

All times are UTC + 2 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 65  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 09:18:45 

My diffs are fine 1 full race meet with 19t class
i have no complaints about the diffs (i rebuilt the them) as i did with the fk04 aswell
yoke diff grease in thrust,yok/ae silicon grease in diffes . bingo sorted

you should never trust a stranger who does your diffs , if you want a ready-to-run kit should of brought a rrt tc3

tonyv
think next time get your work force to do another job like make tea ,sweep the factory floor & supply the diffs in parts
as x-ray say `this car is aimed at the more experienced racer` if that`s the case they will know how to build diffs

word of warning to x-ray
don`t treat the buyer like idiots or amatures, they will vote with there feet & buy a different car
not all buyers are on this forum but the ones that are you will force away with your answers, then your be buggered ,there will be no forum (no users)
you have a problem with 37 batts (not fitting) & now diffs
try not to fob them off with daft excuses, like `you are doing it wrong`

tonyv
remember right at the begining of this thread i said the top drivers don`t reflect what racers want , jille`s & co may love the diffs don`t care about the 37`s not fitting they will just get on with it & cut the bloody thing ,cos they don`t but anything
racers is buying out off he`s own money , so most things should be spot on
And doing a chassis with out taking 37`s on ,well that is amaturest, it`s not like they just appeared ,hell they were at the snowbirds where you were also :wink:
tell mirage free replacement for diff bit`s & chassis (hold your hands up) & say `OURFAULT` it won`t hurt , honest :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 14:42:47 

MR JOLLY, I wish I had a work force, would be fun to tell them what to do and how. But then I am a dictator waiting to happen :wink: :wink: :wink:

For the record, I am a sponsored XRay driver that is also the moderator for the XRay T1 forum. I don't work at the XRay factory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 14:50:10 

tonyv
yeah i know, but i`m ariad you are on the front line so you will get it
got to take the rough with the smooth i`m afriad

are the shocks different on the 05 to the 04 build quality wise??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 15:10:27 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 17:36:16 

Yony,

Please rest assured that Mr Jolly is not having a dig at you. We're all aware that Mario and other Xray employees read / respond to this forum as well. What he is saying is the conversations in the pits regarding the issues (real or percieved) are damaging Xray's enviable reputation.

Last weekend we ran the first round of the BTCC - 130 drivers...several FK05's competing (including my son) and I had other drivers (EVOII and FK04) coming to me asking me my impressions of the car. I was unaware of the diff issue, but I had on hand 6 loose GP3700 cells - and showed them how they "don't" fit. I have still to strip my son's diff and draw my own conclusions, but I do have cotton buds handy to see if any of this invisible grease can be encouraged to deposit itself on to the cotton bud.

As I said in an earlier post, Xray can fix the problem and redeem their customer loyalty and brand name, or they can ride out the storm and hope it doesn't cause too much long term damage to their reputation. Xray's call.

To try and fob us off with lame excuses where there appears to be a valid issue (or issues in this case) is disrespectful to the drivers. These aren't beginners kits, some of the worlds best privateer drivers choose what car they want to run (and spend their money on)...it's Xray's job to ensure that their product is on the shortlist; the current approach is not fullfilling that requirement.

As I said in my earlier post...we are a 3 car family and have been running Xray's since the origional EVOII, but this is the last time I'm going to be an early adopter of new Xray products. Instead I'll be one of the chaps in the pits asking the questions and hearing the scare stories myself. Then I'll deceide if I want to run Xray or choose another manufacturer.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 18:18:49 

I have been racing cars since the early 70`s, and started running rc cars in 1980 ( i\8 gas southwest series) my son was 1 at the time, at age 5 he was racing in the local novice class, and we have been racing 1\1 cars and rc cars from then till now, you have no idea how minor the problems described here and on other forums are when I think back to some of the car kits we had in the past were lol. If xray chose to make the chassis fit 3300 batteries that most of us have already, with it easily modified to the 3700`s that some or most of us will probably get eventually...is that so bad ? The dry diff problem, or thrust bng problem, isnt good, but it too is easily fixed, as has been mentioned in earlier post, this is a high end kit, and most of us are more than qualified to make minor repairs and changes, and help the ones that cant with the problems they have too. Sure it would be nice if everything was perfect, but its not. I know from the years I have been doing this and the kits I have used in the past, xray is beyond compare in the craftsmenship and overall quality of the cars they sell......JMHO Gary Wilkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 23:01:51 

Post subject: Stripping Spurs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 00:39:03 

Post subject: Re: Stripping Spurs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 00:58:42 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 01:11:31 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 16:23:04 

Hi Mark,

Pleased to meet you. You are very right about my nick looks kind of silly sometimes. My name is Gustav Cuschieri. Thanks for the info regarding the RW spurs infact I have already ordered a couple. Hopefully I wouldn't have any problems. Good to see that you also run mod motors with similar turns we run, it would be interesting to share a couple of ideas.
I will surely PM you about some info.

HI George ...I suppose thats you. Of course you know me I spoke to you a couple of months ago I am the tallish guy :)

Great to hear you'll be coming down next week.... pity we havent got any races going on. However I will surely get back to you so that we can meet up.

Bye for now Guys!!!

Gustav :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 16:52:54 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:29:15 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 13:28:44 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 15:50:10 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 18:14:33 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 19:26:15 

Last edited by G30RGE on Sun Apr 17, 2005 21:14:10, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 19:45:12 

Where would I find them spring steel stuffs in US?

Can't seem to find hobby shop that got them in stock.

I thought I saw one shop got the SS outdrive but I went back and look again it was for one-way :cry:

I can get the wheel axle in SS but couldn't find the SS outdrives.

Ran asphalt two times with rubber tries. Distroyed two of the front ightweight outdrive (long size) under heavy braking.

Anyone know where to get the SS outdrive or just solid alu outdrive (I think # 30 5010) please let me know.

I assume that you can not buy just the diff half or just the replacement outdrives either???

Right now I have 2 set of the lightweight diff with no long size diff half. Does this mean I will have to buy the whole diff assembly every time the diff half is busted? That doesn’t sound right.

I ran the car on the carpet for two weeks with out no problem, because I don’t use any brake. Ran asphalt for two broke two diffs…. Crap, this is really sucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 20:20:29 

That does look bad!!

Are you running the plastic blades on the shafts - I thought they were there to distribute the load evenly and help prevent this situation??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 21:17:57 

You can just buy the Long diff half, I had something like that once but that was because the plastic blades were worn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 65  Next